fed vs eastern meigs

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I'm not taking away fed hock being a good team, because they are...and i'm not taking away from them wiping the floor with the tvc because they did and have for the past few years...but i have a question...

Ok...maybe someone can explain this to me...why is Fed Hock in a conference with d4 teams when they arent in d4 themselves? I know someone is probably going to say I'm an idiot for asking this, but I've asked this to several people and they can never give me what seems to be a logical/correct answer. Is it just that they are in the middle of nowhere(location)with all of the TVC hocking d4 teams?

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I don't know for sure but the location might be it. they can just go over the hill and be at trimble, Eastern is only 10 minutes away from the bottom half of the district with southern another 15 minutes away and Waterford is on that end of the County. It would be a lot further for Vinton, Alex, Nelsonville, Wellston to travel to those schools. There was talk that Belpre wanted to go to the Hocking and when Athens came into the league everyone thought that would happen. Than they decided not to. It would make sense since they are on the lower in near the Hocking Division schools and Athens is closer to all the Ohio teams.

On the other hand the ohio is required to play the hocking teams once each year so they still have to travel.

I know Nelsonville and Belpre were a lot bigger student wise back when this league started. Federal Hocking is very close I'm told to being a D4 team now student wise. Of course with all their troubles it's no wonder kids are moving out of that district.

Nelsonville doesn't want to change because it would kill them football wise.

I was told Alexander made the jump to the Ohio because Jay Reese wanted to be in the bigger division when he Coached basketball at Alexander. They use to be in the Hocking.

Just my thoughts and probably way off.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Fed is a very good team but i have said that for a long time. Why is Fed playing in a d-4 conf.

the thinker
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

In the Ohio Division, Nelsonville York is the smallest (160 boys). I don't think NY has ever been interested in moving down to the smaller division. Federal Hocking (165 boys) is the largest school in the Hocking Division and yes FH enrollment is declining. Somebody has to be the largest...

here is the link to OHSAA enrollment http://www.ohsaa.org/members/hsenroll07.htm

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

I am interested to know how many times each school in the TVC hocking has won it since it's creation. Then we can speculate on the number of boys attending each school. It would be my guess that TVC hocking titles are fairly dispersed through the league. It seems Trimble, Eastern, and FH have had their share.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Remember until they let the small school into the league (waterford,eastern,southern) there was only one league which I liked
better.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Southern has never won a TVC hoching league tittle in basketball.

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

the eagles just knocked off waterford so i say that they will put up a heck of a fight with the lancers tonight...especially the seniors since this is their last game at the "nest"...good luck to rawson, collins, burroughs, and kearns

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

the eagles just knocked off waterford so i say that they will put up a heck of a fight with the lancers tonight...especially the seniors since this is their last game at the "nest"...good luck to rawson, collins, burroughs, and kearns

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Go LANCERS! Congrats to ALL the seniors out there tonight! Enjoy the rest of your school year! It will fly.....

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Thank you freethrow and GW...I've always wondered.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Any updates on this game?

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Federal Hocking won by 5 or so.... don't remember the exact score.

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Big Ole Hee Haw Salute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Lancer boys team, claiming another TVC Hocking Title, and doing so in an undefeated fashion!!!

Sure it was a tough game tonight, down in the crackerbox.

Kudos to the boys for playing through all of the distractions associated with playing in Reedsville/TuppersPlains/Portland..........

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Good job Bob.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Eastern played a great game. They hung in there the whole time but could not get some shots to fall when they needed them the most. "money" played an outstanding game off the bench and Rawson really worked hard even being overmatched by height. Jake hit some nice shots to keep them in the game. Good outing for the Eagles and gave Fed all they wanted.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Very true. Eastern played very well. Hats off to Coach Caldwell. You heard it here first, this team will challange for the TVC title next year.

Congrats to the Lancers for running the table (10-0) in the TVC Hocking for the second year in a row. Great group of young men. Now get ready for River Valley...

This group of Seniors are now 20-0 in the TVC Hocking (this year and last year). These seniors are Kory Williams, Cory McCune, Cory Vales and Jared Gandee. Not many players get to go undefeated in their league for two years.

Go Lancers.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Final Score was 59-55 I do believe. Eastern hung in there--and really didnt shoot the ball good at all. I also think eastern did a very nice job of quieting Vales although he still didnt have a terrible game. This team has 'remembered' how to play at the right time and won't leave the tournaments quietly. Congrats to fed hock on the hard fought win.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Any stats...?

the thinker
freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I think the league will be as good next year as it was back in 2003,2004 and 2005. Those years Federal Hocking, Trimble, Eastern and Miller were loaded with talent. The past two or three years have been very watered down with talent but by the looks of all the young kids the TVC Hocking will be as strong as ever next year with Eastern, Southern and Federal Hocking all having talent coming up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”