TVC Ohio 2009

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

Wellston will finish in the top two next season. Trust me, they will get a lot of LOVE next season, about 6'7" worth of it.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Yeah, but 6'7" of Love, can't help it if he has a bad attitude and wants to stand outside the arc and shoot threes.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

even with a bad attitude he will make them an instant contender.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Some of the predictions above have left out Athens in the mix. Had Athens been in the TVC OHIO this year, I think the Bulldogs most likely would have finished in last place. NY beat Athens twice, and NY is currently tied with Wellston for last place in the league.

Predictions for Athens next season???

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Steely Dan wrote:Belpre is a very close 3rd place. I think that this group next year, has the potential (barring injury of course) of doing what the football team did this past fall.

09 should be interesting in the TVC Ohio, that is for sure!!!

I can't agree with this assesment. Belpre is by far the youngest team of those near the top of the division. A 2nd place finish this year bodes very well as far as conifidence going into next year.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

After reading this post I ran into the BELPRE SPORTS GURU at the wonderful Belrock Diner. He told me over a mouth watering Lemon Pie, that the sophmore class at Belpre are some kind of Nationally rank team from a few years ago. He told me that 4 or 5 were all-state players from the USSSA basketball tourney a few years ago. 1. Is there any truth to this. B. If so why aren't they all together on varsity. If this story has ANY truth to it than the TVC should be aware of the EAGLES next year.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

justlookin wrote:After reading this post I ran into the BELPRE SPORTS GURU at the wonderful Belrock Diner. He told me over a mouth watering Lemon Pie, that the sophmore class at Belpre are some kind of Nationally rank team from a few years ago. He told me that 4 or 5 were all-state players from the USSSA basketball tourney a few years ago. 1. Is there any truth to this. B. If so why aren't they all together on varsity. If this story has ANY truth to it than the TVC should be aware of the EAGLES next year.

Yes that's true. In the 5th grade this class was runner-up at the 2003 OYB State Tournament and finished 9th at the 2003 USSSA Nationals.
3 of the 5 are on varsity, 2 are starters. As for why aren't they all together playing at the varsity level, all kids don't devolpe at the same speed. This group is a very special group of kids that will work hard and don't know how to do anything but succed.

Go Belpre Class of 2010

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagles20 wrote:
justlookin wrote:After reading this post I ran into the BELPRE SPORTS GURU at the wonderful Belrock Diner. He told me over a mouth watering Lemon Pie, that the sophmore class at Belpre are some kind of Nationally rank team from a few years ago. He told me that 4 or 5 were all-state players from the USSSA basketball tourney a few years ago. 1. Is there any truth to this. B. If so why aren't they all together on varsity. If this story has ANY truth to it than the TVC should be aware of the EAGLES next year.

Yes that's true. In the 5th grade this class was runner-up at the 2003 OYB State Tournament and finished 9th at the 2003 USSSA Nationals.
3 of the 5 are on varsity, 2 are starters. As for why aren't they all together playing at the varsity level, all kids don't devolpe at the same speed. This group is a very special group of kids that will work hard and don't know how to do anything but succed.

Go Belpre Class of 2010

Eagles20 I thought you were the Belpre Sports Guru!! Did that team also have a couple of the current Belpre Freshman who moved up to play 5th grade?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Yes It did. All those kids make me so proud each and every time they take the court, win or lose.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Mister B wrote:Wow, 17 of 20 games against TVC teams??? Sorry, I don't agree with that. Need to sprinkle in some more nonconference games that are out of the conference to help prepare the team for the tourney. JMHO.

Mister B, I would agree with you IF NY were a powerhouse in basketball and IF NY had a large fan following in basketball. At this time, neither is the case.

NY will be an improved team next year. However, I don't think the improvement will be at the level of challenging for the league title. Perhaps in 2009-2010 when the current sophomores are seniors, but most likely not next year.

NY does not have a large fan following for basketball. There is no question that NY is a football school, and that is fine. Traditionally, in basketball, NY has large crowds in the years NY challenges for league titles. '96-'97 when NY won the league is a good example. Huge crowds during that year. However, league championship runs withstanding, NY does not draw fans for basketball at the level of the football team.

When NY does draw a good crowd, it's from playing local rivalries. Outside of the TVC OHIO, this would include Trimble and Federal Hocking, and to a lesser extent Miller. NY is playing Trimble twice because that is who the fans will go out and watch NY play.

For away games, if you have any sort of hopes for a crowd of NY fans in basketball, those games have to be as close to home as possible. The average NY basketball fan who travels to away games will go the short distance to Trimble, Miller, Federal Hocking, or even the out of TVC short drives to places like Crooksville, Berne Union and Amanda Clearcreek. However, the average NY basketball fan will not travel over an hour to an away basketball game. At that point, its only the parents of the kids who are playing who are at those games.

When NY has a few good years of basketball in a row, this could all change. However, traditionally, NY has not been strong in basketball, and the years they are strong are sporadic and spread out over time. NY has never really had a run of several great seasons in a row, at least not to my knowledge. NY has had some really great basketball seasons, but the success has always been sporadic.

By assessing the current level of play by the basketball team as well as the attendance behaviors of the fans of NY, I think the '08-'09 basketball schedule is very reasonable.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

My predictions are:

1. Vinton County
2. Alexander
2. Belpre
4. Meigs
5. Nelsonville
5. Athens
7. Wellston

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

I will predict:
Alexander and Belpre in a battle for first place,
Vinton County and Meigs in a battle for third,
Athens will finish fifth with Wellston finishing sixth and Nelsonville bringing up the rear.
Go Vikes!! :mad:

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

belpre is coming apart at the seems now no way they co exist next year. they will finish below wellston and meigs.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

fasteach wrote:belpre is coming apart at the seems now no way they co exist next year. they will finish below wellston and meigs.

Lets see, I believe Belpre was 2-5 at one point in time and are now 11-8. That translates into a 9-3 record since the 2-5 start. There may have been some rough spots during that time, but to say things are coming apart sounds to me like someone is jealous.

I think some folks, especially some of the MEIGS COUNTY posters, need to keep their nose out of places they don't belong.

You didn't see Belpre posters climbing all over Meigs, especially after their rough start with a new coach. I even think the Belpre posters were and still are supportive of what coach Ewing is doing down there.

Some folks just need to move on and let the current coaches coach.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

wasnt wellston supposed 2 get love last year
i wouldnt start counting the chickens man

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

I wouldn't rule anyone out for Wellston......it's that time of year when soon to be Seniors mysteriously transfer......

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

fasteach wrote:belpre is coming apart at the seems now no way they co exist next year. they will finish below wellston and meigs.

I have to say of all the stupid things you've written on this forum, this beats them all hands down. In December Meigs posters were on this forum bashing the coach, the kids, heck even a girlfriend of a player. If fact this is your post and I quote "son of the south where have you been? the tension in meigs between the parents and the coachs with the kids caught in the middle is incredible." Meigs couldn't beat us with what you have this year. Meigs won't beat Belpre next year either.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

did i not read about the track coach and the basketball coach publicly fueding on here on the build up to the 2nd belpre-meigs game? about how he handles some players differently than others? i do not know for sure just what has been said on here. our coaching problem seems to have went away thank god. if i am wrong i apologize to belpre fans.
does the names flounder and otterslide ring a bell?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

fasteach wrote:did i not read about the track coach and the basketball coach publicly fueding on here on the build up to the 2nd belpre-meigs game? about how he handles some players differently than others? i do not know for sure just what has been said on here. our coaching problem seems to have went away thank god. if i am wrong i apologize to belpre fans.
does the names flounder and otterslide ring a bell?

Don't know where you get your info as neither is the track coach or the basketball coach. I know for a fact that our coach doesn't read this forum let alone post on it. Pretty sure he doesn't even own a computer. Believe me when I tell u this "Belpre Basketball is Fine"

Return to “Boys Basketball”