Jackson @ Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Logan

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote:You have to be a complete idiot to think Logan would intentionally not have the varsity refs show up, then have Phil change out of his street clothes, all the while having his ref gear in limbo, have the JV refs leave, then come racing back; stall for 35 mins and then have them ref the varsity game, in a scheme of Kennedy Assasination proportions to screw over Jackson, so they would not even think to come back and play the game 3 days later. :122248 WOW. And why am I not shocked Moonshine is bashing Logan in this thread?? I guess the idiot circus came to this thread. Funny, I didnt see the trucks. :shock:

They were in a Mayfower-lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:
Logangrad wrote:You have to be a complete idiot to think Logan would intentionally not have the varsity refs show up, then have Phil change out of his street clothes, all the while having his ref gear in limbo, have the JV refs leave, then come racing back; stall for 35 mins and then have them ref the varsity game, in a scheme of Kennedy Assasination proportions to screw over Jackson, so they would not even think to come back and play the game 3 days later. :122248 WOW. And why am I not shocked Moonshine is bashing Logan in this thread?? I guess the idiot circus came to this thread. Funny, I didnt see the trucks. :shock:

They were in a Mayfower-lol
The circus came to the swamp in Allied Van Lines. The kids dressed as refs would have done better!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I'm not saying any of this was intentional. And I agree, most coaches and administration would have just gone with it since it had no league implecations and tournament draws were complete. I do believe it was a complete accident. The JV officials had no clue nor did Lightfoot.

I do know that if the "NO SHOW" officials had a signed contract for the game, they can be fined by the OHSAA. I have never heard of this happening, but it can happen. I heard Jackson's coach handled it very well. Especially since Logan shoots 26 freethrows and Jackson shoots 4!

Does anyone know how many tournament games Lightfoot got?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Out of Bounds wrote:I'm not saying any of this was intentional. And I agree, most coaches and administration would have just gone with it since it had no league implecations and tournament draws were complete. I do believe it was a complete accident. The JV officials had no clue nor did Lightfoot.

I do know that if the "NO SHOW" officials had a signed contract for the game, they can be fined by the OHSAA. I have never heard of this happening, but it can happen. I heard Jackson's coach handled it very well. Especially since Logan shoots 26 freethrows and Jackson shoots 4!

Give Jackson basketball program a that a boy, good job goach!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

the refs not to show up to the game , yes they should be fined, and obviously people are going to speculate lightfoot reffing because of the fouls and free throw discrepancy. Im sure if the fouls and free throws were a little closer to each other no one would complain that he reffed and given the experience he has reffing it was the right decision to do...like heyblue44 said, if Logan and Jackson's AD agreed to having him ref the game then there really isn't a problem

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

OMG! it isnt effecting jackson as far as playoffs go, so whats the problem? both coaches, ads agreed and im sure both fansbases would have also(before the game). if all were ok with the dission, then live with it. i'm sure its not the 1st and it wouldnt be the last time changes are made on the fly and 1 sides fans get bent when they lose.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

3morethan2 wrote:the refs not to show up to the game , yes they should be fined, and obviously people are going to speculate lightfoot reffing because of the fouls and free throw discrepancy. Im sure if the fouls and free throws were a little closer to each other no one would complain that he reffed and given the experience he has reffing it was the right decision to do...like heyblue44 said, if Logan and Jackson's AD agreed to having him ref the game then there really isn't a problem

But was that b-4 the game?

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

Logan grad, you are completely correct. Thanks for your posts. And, as usual, moonshine is, uh, way off base, to say it kindly.

Of course, we all know moonshine is the great pumpkin when it comes to everything: he can see all and do all, but does he actually exist? Has anyone ever actually seen him? No one's ever seen him at a Logan game that I know of.

The head of the officiating crew that was supposed to do the game got the dates mixed up and has apologized to the school. It was the first time such a thing had ever happened to him and I know he and his crew are upset with what happened.

Phil did not do a bad job, especially when he wasn't expecting to do the game in the first place, and be glad he was there or we simply don't play the game that night. I don't know what else you do other than play it Saturday or Monday nights, and even then you have to find varsity officials. And I've seen worse games called in a lot of places.

It was all a mix-up. End of story, end of conspiracy theory.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

I don't think there was any kind of a conspiracy at all and I wouldn't even go so far as to say the officiating cost Jackson the game. The blame here falls on one person and that is the athletic director of Logan. Do they not call officials either a day before the game or on game day to touch base to make sure they are on the same page? How can you expect to have people sign a contract for an event that takes place a year, or in some cases even longer away and not even check back with them - you don't have to call all three officials just one of the crew would suffice. Heck, sometimes those contracts are so far in advance that someone could have even died. Surely the A.D. has a secretary that could make this call if he is too busy!
I agree with some of the Logan faithful and that it is not that big of a deal, but it certainly could have been avoided if someone had done their due diligence. If you find out a day ahead that there is a mixup then you have time to fix it. If anything, at least now, maybe the A.D. will call ahead and verify that officials are coming and this will not happen again.

heyblu44
Waterboy

Post by heyblu44 »

Out of Bounds wrote:I'm not saying any of this was intentional. And I agree, most coaches and administration would have just gone with it since it had no league implecations and tournament draws were complete. I do believe it was a complete accident. The JV officials had no clue nor did Lightfoot.

Did you even see the game or are you going on what other poeple are saying. I have worked basketball with Phil over the years and I think he is just as good or better than most in the SE District. Phil received six tournament games (three girls and three boys) and deserves to have them. If you are so good - Why don't you still have your license???? Excuses - Excuses.

You are pounding Phil like it was his fault that crew did not show up. Or are you pissed at Phil and his crew including me because you were one the idiot fans that was removed from a game several years ago at Jackson.

You stated early that you have seen Phil and his crew work in the SHL, if so which school (s)? You probably don't know because we have never been!!!!

I heard Jackson won last night - are you pounding those officials or you only pound the crew that work the games Jackson loses.

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

Pavilion wrote:I don't think there was any kind of a conspiracy at all and I wouldn't even go so far as to say the officiating cost Jackson the game. The blame here falls on one person and that is the athletic director of Logan. Do they not call officials either a day before the game or on game day to touch base to make sure they are on the same page? How can you expect to have people sign a contract for an event that takes place a year, or in some cases even longer away and not even check back with them - you don't have to call all three officials just one of the crew would suffice. Heck, sometimes those contracts are so far in advance that someone could have even died. Surely the A.D. has a secretary that could make this call if he is too busy!
I agree with some of the Logan faithful and that it is not that big of a deal, but it certainly could have been avoided if someone had done their due diligence. If you find out a day ahead that there is a mixup then you have time to fix it. If anything, at least now, maybe the A.D. will call ahead and verify that officials are coming and this will not happen again.
The blame doesn't just fall on the AD. Officials should contact schools to confirm games also!! In fact in the Officials Manual it is written "contact Contest Mangers at least seven days prior to date of contest". The blame should be shared by all, AD and officials alike.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Tossithigh wrote:
Pavilion wrote:I don't think there was any kind of a conspiracy at all and I wouldn't even go so far as to say the officiating cost Jackson the game. The blame here falls on one person and that is the athletic director of Logan. Do they not call officials either a day before the game or on game day to touch base to make sure they are on the same page? How can you expect to have people sign a contract for an event that takes place a year, or in some cases even longer away and not even check back with them - you don't have to call all three officials just one of the crew would suffice. Heck, sometimes those contracts are so far in advance that someone could have even died. Surely the A.D. has a secretary that could make this call if he is too busy!
The blame doesn't just fall on the AD. Officials should contact schools to confirm games also!! In fact in the Officials Manual it is written "contact Contest Mangers at least seven days prior to date of contest". The blame should be shared by all, AD and officials alike.

Thanks guy's now we are at the root of the problem!

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I saw the game and i am a Jackson supporter and i thought that Jackson was the more aggressive team, they were leaving it on the floor. maybe that is why there were a difference in fouls and free throws.

Return to “Boys Basketball”