#7 Belpre vs # 10 Coal Grove 2/11 @ Jackson

Eagles20
Freshman Team

#7 Belpre vs # 10 Coal Grove 2/11 @ Jackson

Post by Eagles20 »

Can anyone tell me anything about Coal Grove.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

Coal Grove is 7-12 after last night. The only common opponent between them and Belpre is River Valley which Coal Grove beat 62-61. They finish their regular season on Friday at River Valley.

Coal Grove starters are:

Rymer 6'3" (JR) 12 pts a game
Sparks 6'3" (FR) 8 pts a game
Dirling 6'0" (SR) 7 pts a game
Edens 6'0" (JR) 7 pts a game
Haukedahl 6'3" (JR) 6 pts a game

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

ttt

anyone from Coal Grove care to help us out??

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

i was wandering the same. . like what their recoed is?

no coal grovers on SEOPS?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Racenut70 is a Coal Grove Fan. Ask them,they might know the boy's record.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Well can Belpre pull it together and win tomorrow nite?

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Good luck Grove! Represent the OVC well!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Depends on which Belpre shows up IMO...they HAVE TO play as a team...if not, they will be done early I think. The talent level on this team is there...its just a matter of them playing together really...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

beleagle05 wrote:Depends on which Belpre shows up IMO...they HAVE TO play as a team...if not, they will be done early I think. The talent level on this team is there...its just a matter of them playing together really...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Don't think lack of team play was the problem Friday nite. Our guards didn't handle the press effectivly and when they did the "bigs" were intent on putting up the 1st shot they saw. This translated into long stretches with no scoring. Team play wasn't an issue at all. The kids shared the ball with each other for the most part. Every high school basketball player takes ill advised shots at times. When you're playing 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores and a senior that's a first year full time starter, you gotta expect some of that from time to time.
Friday's game was meaningless to the point that Belpre had TVC # 2 sewed up. Even with a loss they still finished tied for second. Most of the night, heck Alexander didn't act as they wanted to win the game themselves. It was their senior night. So being for Belpre No senior night, no home game, no improved seeding in the tournament.
All that being said I think you'll see a motivated crew ready to play basketball tonight.

Heard that Coal Grove's best player was dismissed from the team. Any truth to this?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Hope to see Belpre start the tourney on the right foot with a win. The games only get tougher the deeper in it you go.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Eagles20 wrote:
beleagle05 wrote:Depends on which Belpre shows up IMO...they HAVE TO play as a team...if not, they will be done early I think. The talent level on this team is there...its just a matter of them playing together really...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Don't think lack of team play was the problem Friday nite. Our guards didn't handle the press effectivly and when they did the "bigs" were intent on putting up the 1st shot they saw. This translated into long stretches with no scoring. Team play wasn't an issue at all. The kids shared the ball with each other for the most part. Every high school basketball player takes ill advised shots at times. When you're playing 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores and a senior that's a first year full time starter, you gotta expect some of that from time to time.
Friday's game was meaningless to the point that Belpre had TVC # 2 sewed up. Even with a loss they still finished tied for second. Most of the night, heck Alexander didn't act as they wanted to win the game themselves. It was their senior night. So being for Belpre No senior night, no home game, no improved seeding in the tournament.
All that being said I think you'll see a motivated crew ready to play basketball tonight.

Heard that Coal Grove's best player was dismissed from the team. Any truth to this?

I never said that was an issue on Friday night...but it has been an issue in some big games throughout the season so I was just stating my feelings on the team...when they play well together, they are very good, when they dont...they're average at best.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Just what is your idea of what is "playing as a team" beagle05?

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Belpre MUST take care of the ball. We need to have all 5 ready to play both ends of the floor. Right now only two do that Loyland and Tate. If Sims struggles from the offense end, it will take him a while to get his head in it. Logue plays aggressive "D" but not efficient on the offense end. Belpre can't be selfish tonight and needs to feed the hot hand whomever that will be. I look for Tate to have a quality game, Lynch is do for a great shooting night, Sims can score at will when his confidence is up. The key will be our point guard play. It does worry me that our bench is small after Azar.
I look for a low scoring afair Belpre wins 44-36.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I am from Coal Grove but I haven't been to a boys bb game in years. Sorry can't help you out.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

The 6:15 Ironton-Rock Hill game was over by about 7:30 so the Coal Grove-Belpre game should have started pretty close to on schedule at 8:00.
Road conditions are rapidly deteriorating, though. What a crummy night to have 3 southern Lawrence Co "Ohio River" schools' teams and fans making the trip up and back to Jackson.
Does anyone have any updates on this game?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Anyone have a score of the game?

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

score?

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Belpre won, not sure of score. They won by 3 to 5 pts.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So, it looks like a Wheelersburg/ Belpre matchup for the sectional title.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:So, it looks like a Wheelersburg/ Belpre matchup for the sectional title.

whats your thoughts on this one

Return to “Boys Basketball”