Lucasville Valley 16-2 (12-0) @ Waverly 14-5 (9-3)

coop
SEOPS

Lucasville Valley 16-2 (12-0) @ Waverly 14-5 (9-3)

Post by coop »

Valley coming off an SOC clinching win @ Minford, while the Tigers took a TOUGH loss to knock themselves out of SOC contention at home vs Burg.

Seedings are in, SOC is decided....will these teams do anything differently? Try to avoid injuries? I think from a Valley standpoint, you've won 15 straight and are on a roll...it would be hard to sit anyone as they need the work for the tournament, but at the same time you're an injury away from trouble (see Ironton).

Should be an entertaining game!

Valley 54
Waverly 46

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Lucasville Valley 16-2 (12-0) @ Waverly 14-5 (9-3)

Post by smurray »

After the loss to Burg Waverly should have a lot to be playing for. That left a very bad taste for everyone in Tiger nation. Win or lose Friday night the Tigers need to play well to prepare for the tournament. Glad Tuesday games are over with :122246

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I think Waverly has the players to beat Valley. But, the Tigers loss to the Pirates had to hurt their confidence.

Indians by 10.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Waverly is a tough place to play no matter who they are playing. We see what sitting/resting players late in a season does to teams every year in the NFL, i say just play the game like any other game. This is a perfect "tournament type" game atmosphere for both teams. should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

Coop...think waverly's cheering section will bring their flashlights back for this one?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

transplant wrote:Waverly is a tough place to play no matter who they are playing. We see what sitting/resting players late in a season does to teams every year in the NFL, i say just play the game like any other game. This is a perfect "tournament type" game atmosphere for both teams. should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

Coop...think waverly's cheering section will bring their flashlights back for this one?
Actually..they used to turn out the lights completely and spot light the players and leave the visiting team in the dark...Valleys student section all brought flashlights (i remember 1 flood light) and when the lights went out, Valleys bench was the brightest place in the building. LOL. I wanna say 2000-2001 timeframe. (It was actually my idea, lol)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Waverly wins.

And that may be one of the best things I've ever read on SEOPS, Coop

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

SWANK..... Valley is on a mission, they are gonna run the table !!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

That was 2000. When we went back in 2001, they checked the students as they entered to make sure they didnt have a flashlights or other lights.

What a cheering section.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:That was 2000. When we went back in 2001, they checked the students as they entered to make sure they didnt have a flashlights or other lights.

What a cheering section.
thats right...I remember the pat down...haha

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Swanker Pine wrote:Waverly wins.

Swank...we used to pull out ALL the stops..literally...heck, we were BANNED from Clays gym (principal didnt want us there because of our reputation, how we got on teams, blah blah)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

chicken_coop wrote:

Swank...we used to pull out ALL the stops..literally...heck, we were BANNED from Clays gym (principal didnt want us there because of our reputation, how we got on teams, blah blah)

That's no joke. Had facebook been around in 99-01, a lot of my classmates would have been banned from a lot of local high school gyms.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Crab's brother wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

That's no joke. Had facebook been around in 99-01, a lot of my classmates would have been banned from a lot of local high school gyms.
You guys are officially the coolest people that I don't know. Cheer blocks can be the highlight of some games.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

coop.. i was there that night, i remember how it went down. they sure dont make cheering sections like you guys anymore. ive seen a few come close, but you guys did your homework. you were great.

the downtown arena will be rocking tonight...

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Your guys cheer block was incredbile. The Games between us (2002 Wheelersburg Grad) and Valley were always a classic and you could always count on two rowdy student sections...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

transplant wrote:coop.. i was there that night, i remember how it went down. they sure dont make cheering sections like you guys anymore. ive seen a few come close, but you guys did your homework. you were great.

the downtown arena will be rocking tonight...
We've talked about that...it's a shame that kids dont get into it like we did, you've gotta get creative...now it seems that they are too "embarassed" to get behind thier friends/classmates.

It will be rocking! We actually did do our homework, and in one night a week (usually monday) we would have 5-6 of us who came up with the weeks ideas meet at one of our houses, figure out what we're doing, go buy supplies and get ready for tuesday/friday madness. We always had wild outfits, spray painted shoes, painted faces...

I mean, we WENT TO Westfall on a tuesday school night and went insane, I remember the players running out and being like WHAT...therye here??!!? :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

socfan wrote:Your guys cheer block was incredbile. The Games between us (2002 Wheelersburg Grad) and Valley were always a classic and you could always count on two rowdy student sections...
Oh yea, that was always insane. I remember @ Burg..we were there before the team and the place was virtually empty (it was like 5:30) and we started the rowdiness for the JV game..lol We tailgaited, pregame shows, etc..fun times.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

We would have been banned from our own gym...the rattlesnake would have been striking all over the place. LOL

treehugger
Waterboy

Post by treehugger »

Some administrators today will not let the kids be kids and have fun.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

chicken_coop wrote:
transplant wrote:Waverly is a tough place to play no matter who they are playing. We see what sitting/resting players late in a season does to teams every year in the NFL, i say just play the game like any other game. This is a perfect "tournament type" game atmosphere for both teams. should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

Actually..they used to turn out the lights completely and spot light the players and leave the visiting team in the dark...Valleys student section all brought flashlights (i remember 1 flood light) and when the lights went out, Valleys bench was the brightest place in the building. LOL. I wanna say 2000-2001 timeframe. (It was actually my idea, lol)
I remember that ...very nice touch ...back in the day are student section would read newspapers or turn their backs while other team was announced...the groups over this last couple of yrs has been pretty creative with theme games and they all dress up

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yea, we had support of the admin, coaches, and etc...heck when we walked in the gym, the entire crowd would cheer. We always met in the parking lot and came in as a GROUP.

Return to “Boys Basketball”