All tied up 31 - 31 at half-time

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles up by one after three quarters 46 - 45

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles wins 58 - 53 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Indians go 6 - 6 on one and one FT's in the last 30 seconds as Nathan Stephens hit the first two and then Blake Justice hit the last four. Justice ended up with 23 points and the Peebles' boys avenge an earlier 20 + point loss to the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs.

Great win Peebles!!!!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats to Peebles on there win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LC beats Peebles by 20.....LC goes 15-5...LC beats NA by 10+

I cannot believe Peebles won this game.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

That is awesome...We stuck around and watch the 1st half.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Well Ironman, I for one, never doubted Peebles' ability to win this game. Their record really doesn't speak to the ability they have to be a winning team. They had some frustrating losses in the season that they never should have had but thats how it goes. Great win Peebles, take home a sectional championship!!

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

does Lynchburg clay have gold school colors??...if so i saw them scouting the south point /west union game.... maybe looking too far ahead?

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Yeah, they was there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

shljunkie......I watched them very early in the season and said I wouldn't want to face that talented of a young team in the tourney.......even though they never really got over the hump during the season they were still dangerous with their offensive capabilities.......my thoughts simply came down to how well LC was playing.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree Ironman, especially with Lynchburg's inside game, which most people thought Peebles would have no answer for. Peebles showed a lot of heart. Their willingness to play hard and step up their defense has been a big key. Had those things have taken place earlier in the season, their record would be a lot different.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Just because they were scouting doesn't mean they were looking past Peebles. They were just doing what all good coaches do... prepare.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

That's right. When a team as far away as South Point is playing in your area, what an opportunity to take a look at them. Sure you can't look past each game but it does make sense to prepare when you have the opportunity.

supadave
Waterboy

Post by supadave »

Ironman92 wrote:LC beats Peebles by 20.....LC goes 15-5...LC beats NA by 10+

I cannot believe Peebles won this game.

Believe it, and you can see the coverage of this exciting game over at http://www.nextvsports.com

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

not on my dinosaur computer dave!

Justice will be in college before I'd get that game loaded on my computer!

supadave
Waterboy

Post by supadave »

That's too bad man.. I was at the games that evening and it was definetly the most exciting. That and watching West Union win. I would like to see the West Union vs Huntington game if possible but I don't think i'll be able to make it.. also the Peebles follow up would be interesting too.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

The Peebles win over Lynchburg doesn't surprise me at all. Once these boys decided to play team defense and rebound good things were going to happen. Individually, there is a lot of talent on this team but for a good part of the season there was not much cohesiveness. The last five or six games it seems like the boys are out there having fun, recognizing good passes or hustle plays by smacking each other on the back, and just flat-out playing hard.

It will not be a major upset if Peebles wins in the Sectional Championship and advances to the Convo. Again, all six boys who log the majority of the minutes are underclassmen and will all be back next year. Congratulations to the Peebles Indians boys team and don't be satisfied on just winning the first game of the Sectional!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It won't be a major upset...but it'll have to be considered an upset.

Playing defense is the key. I thought when I saw them that the offensive capabilities were tremendous on this young team...but the defense was out of sync for sure....glad to see they've figured it out and good luck vs Adena. Rebound all game and keep Roll from going off and you guys can win.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

This was just another great SHL game...When the SHL teams play each other, they are always great games...Not alot of people know too much about the SHL..but we have some good teams and great games all year long.

Goldbond
Waterboy

Post by Goldbond »

I concur with tarheel, the shl teams on any given night can play with and defeat many teams, but i have also seen nights where they can be totally ran out of the gym by a team. But the overall look is that the shl is going to bring a strong game to tournament time, the league prepares them well for physical play and is great asset towards the end of the season.

Back to Peebles, I feel that they are a up and coming team. they struggled with some personality and team concept issues early, but Coach McFarland seems to have those boys playing well at the right time. He and his staff will make sure they stay focused on the the task at hand, and hopefully be able to bring back a sect. championship for PHS.

I look forward to seeing Coach McFarland guide these young men to many sect. titles.

Return to “Boys Basketball”