South Point vs. Ironton - 2/15/08

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

No you honestly don't know what you are talking about if you think Ironton would've gotten 4th in the ovc :lol: I'm sorry but you will see Friday that the Tigers will come out on top and we'll see if you still think that then 8) Like I said earlier look at the strenght of schedules between the two schools and there is no comparison.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

Ohhhhh okay...so if South Point would have scheduled games with schools like Ashland, Wheelersburg, Zanesville, ect.. and lost to them JUST like Ironton did... Does that mean that South Point would be considered the favorite to win this game just because of a tough schedule?

Ironton got killed against Chillicothe and Zanesville...yeah those are really tough teams and tougher than the teams South Point faced but Ironton did pretty horrible against them, so I don't see the logic behind this. Nobody is saying just because South Point is 20-0 that they are guaranteed this win against Ironton. I think with an undefeated record it shows if anything that South Point has been very solid and consistent all year long.

This game will NOT be a blow out by any means and I think it will be really close...either team could win honestly.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Thats alot of black and orange in one night.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I agree the tigers would have finished 4th in the OVC but I also think that the tigers can win this game. Mayo better have 30 or more or the pointers will be heading home. Remember this Lafon is a heck of a coach and the tigers can D you up so if point doesn't play their best they will be heading home.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

plus Ironton runs that weave pretty well, so Mayo may not see the ball much :lol:

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Post by usahockey1980 »

With Ironton's freshmen, jv team and the remainder of their varsity thank goodness they are not in the ovc. I think they will do better than 4th place in the ovc next year. lol
Last edited by usahockey1980 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You are playing bad every day and right now you look like you're playing like its the middle of next week.
Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Where is osumufan?

duckiees 1 i can't believe you missed the Ironton Rock Hill game :shock:

This could have been the second meeting of the year. This should be one heck of a game.

GO TIGERS GO

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Good luck to both teams! Wish I could go but I am on call. Should be a good one!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think the Tigers will win and be the OVC champs.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Now that my Trojans lost...... :cry: , I will be at Jackson to watch what should be a great game between the Fighting Tigers and Pointers. I said when the brackets were announced that IHS would be a dangerous team, because I had seen them several times and knew what they were capable of.

I think the Pointers have a very good team.....20-0 in a year in which the OVC has 3 very good teams is something to be very proud of.

Sure, Ironton had some rough outings vs. some SEOAL teams, but about everybody got buried by Chillicothe and Zanesville.......the Tigers did a get a very good win vs. Logan last Saturday.....for anybody who has seen the Chieftains play, they are a nice ballclub......only lost to Zanesville by 1 point at Logan.

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Gotta go with the tigers in this match up

Tigfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigfan »

From some of the Rock Hill fans point of view, seeing both teams play. How do the Tigers match up w/ the Point? Who's the favorite?

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

OHSAA web page brackets has Rock Hill playing South Point Friday in Jackson :shock: Did I miss something ?!?
Last edited by Bleachrbum on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I honestly don't know much about either team or their schedules but have seen South Point play twice and was really not impressed. I'm surprised they finished 20-0. Now granted, I saw them on Saturday night non-league nights after they'd probably played on Friday and had a long road trip but I just am surprised. When they played Peebles, Peebles had a terrible first quarter and still held SP to 3.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Looking forward to seeing the Point play.

IHS by 5, though.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

bucking red wrote:I agree the tigers would have finished 4th in the OVC but I also think that the tigers can win this game. Mayo better have 30 or more or the pointers will be heading home. Remember this Lafon is a heck of a coach and the tigers can D you up so if point doesn't play their best they will be heading home.

I guess the question I would ask who would they finished behind? What I seen of the OVC this year was SP was good and the other teams where very average at best.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

I think the Tigers would give FHS and CHS a close game. Now with the said, go beat the POINTERS!!!

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

You're cheering against your own conference? :shock:

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Should be a good one. Good Luck to both !! 24 hrs till we find out how they match up !!

Waiting to visualize the sight of TC 71 at an away TIGER game .
pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Will this game be broadcasted on the radio or computer?

Return to “Boys Basketball”