Unioto vs. Waverly

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Congratulations to Unioto and what a brilliant shooting performance from Baker! Waverly tried several guys on him and I believe Good did the best job. Bottom line is it didn't matter. He was in the zone and I didn't think he could keep it up all night, but he did. Despite his shooting and the shooting of Unioto, Waverly still had a chance with a couple of minutes to go. Waverly was unable to make shots when they had to and again had too many turnovers. Then again, this is how this team has played all year long so why expect anything different. Good luck to the Waverly seniors! Although the year didn't go as expected, the past four years were memorable.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

GoBlue22 wrote:I spoke w/ a friend this AM that has seen every Unioto game and he said that Baker has not played that good all year (he only missed 2 shots all night). I saw Unioto play Greenfield the first time and Baker had 4 points I believe.

I doubt Baker will get 38 against McClain this time either. However, I am pulling for the Shermans as a faithful Ross Countian.

As for the Waverly game, I understand from the Tiger faithful that there were different people matched on Baker. As I said on another site about another player, at tourney time, if a player is that hot, you may have to waste a few hard fouls on him. Kudo's to Baker, he is one of the finest shooters around.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

hitch...about midway through the 3rd quarter as baker continued his torrid shooting i looked at Hump Sr. and said "he's been waiting his whole life to take these shots, and he's making them" congrats to Curtis on a fine performance. he was truly in the zone.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

d3,

tell hump sr. to text me back. He is leaving me hanging.

I agree Bake has dreamed about these type of games. I am happy for him. He will need to hit some deep balls to get past GM matchup zone.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”