2/24 Ironton- 71 vs Peebles- 60

orange crush
JV Team

Post by orange crush »

well it seems les is small too....that doesnt bode well for them either...i believe morris/green will be gaurding their point man

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... didn't think I DIDN'T give Ironton credit - they do what they NEED to do to win - play physical ball ... they do a good job of taking their opponent out of their game ... the Tigers have the personnel to play THEIR brand of "ball" - no matter what "shape" of ball they use LOL ... how many games have I seen IHS play - 4 ... as far as Logan playing rough ? - no comment - Logan has their baseball gloves out/track shoes on ... and finally I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Peebles this year BUT they are an SHL basketball school, they have a history of getting to the Convo , playing in the post season ... IF its a basketball game - Peebles WILL be in it - as has been posted - they play 100% for 32 minutes ...

the manager
Waterboy

Post by the manager »

I was looking at the brackets today and just realized if NA and Peebles both win their semi-final games they will play for a district championship. What a battle the will be. A good ole county rivalry for a district championship. Lets hope that happens. I would love to see it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great stuff Tobias ... looks like Peebles has pointed to the second season to get it all put together for the Run to the Convo ...

orange crush
JV Team

Post by orange crush »

peebles lost to south point
ironton beat south point
ironton will beat peebles

i wish that kind of logic always worked...and i hope it does in this case....

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree Pfloyd!And look at Irontons scehdule compared to Peebles! :shock: Too much physical play here for this team!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The schedule stuff doesn't always work. Yes Ironton is in the toughest league of the SE...but Peebles is in a league where it's likely 1/2 of the 8 SE District teams will be in the districts.

If this game is played in December Ironton wins 9/10 times....but being much later and the Peebles players who are freshman and sophomores are far more experienced.....I'd guess Peebles could win a few times of 10 now.

Ironton is here every year...have a top notch coach IMO....a tremendous 3 time all SEOAL guard in Marc Carter and are strong and deep. Ironton is the favorite.

Peebles has better shooters.

And yes I am pulling for Peebles as I know the Mom of one player very well and my wife is related to another one of the players and his family.......but I have zero hard feeling towards Ironton.

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

Ironton will have too much gas for Peebles...Ironton is very physical, but also very quick...Having played both Ironton and Adena (twice), there is no similarity between the two. Adena has to play a controlled half court game because they have no depth. They have outstanding talent, but no depth, which I feel cost them the other night. Ironton on the other hand can give you two or three different looks...They can go speed and athleticism, or they can go physical and athleticism...In the end, you better be able to run the court because they're going to push it every chance they get.

I do think Peebles is much better now, and they remind me of the team at Ironton in 94...The record wasn't great starting sectionals, but they have a lot of talent and HEART...That team (which I was part of) made it to the Semifinals beforing bowing out to a much hated Wauseon team. Oh yea, and that year, we lost to Peebles early in the season!

My prediction though, Ironton will win! Good luck Tigers...hope to see you again soon down the road.

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Ironton by 10 +

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All I can say Mark is the best Coach Ironton has in their system in any sport right now. He really gets the most out of his players every game.

orange crush
JV Team

Post by orange crush »

wow ironton 4th in ovc and now 9th in southern hills.....hahahahahaha...thats hysterical...........c'mon...we finished 5th in a league with 2 of the best teams in the state

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't think anyone is being serious when saying Ironton would finish 9th in the SHL......with no way in the world of knowing I'd guess they would've finished 2nd....but of course the way they are playing now is all that matters.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

orange crush wrote:wow ironton 4th in ovc and now 9th in southern hills.....hahahahahaha...thats hysterical...........c'mon...we finished 5th in a league with 2 of the best teams in the state

and could have finished 3rd if that darned coin flip would have went their way :shock: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OSU 77 wrote:All I can say Mark is the best Coach Ironton has in their system in any sport right now. He really gets the most out of his players every game.

I would guess that honet still belongs to Coach Lutz, untill he wins a state tournament or 2, and win a lot more games...

Lafon is a great coach though

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

peebles lost to south point
ironton beat south point
ironton will beat peebles

i wish that kind of logic always worked...and i hope it does in this case..

Yes, but things like that makes kids believe they already won, and not show up.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

After reviewing Ironton schedule, I am not so sure they have a real bad loss on their resume. The Portsmouth loss at home late stings, along with the thumping from Piketon. But they have lost to some tough competition.

I here Peebles is on a roll, but it would be hard to go against the depth and athleticism of the Tigers.

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Luck Ironton :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

GO PEEBLES!!

SHL ALL THE WAY!!

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Shooting at the Convo; kids either shoot well there, or can not adjust to the "depth". Has the Justice boy played there before ?It will be interesting to see how he "likes" it.

Waiting to visualize the sight of TC 71 at an away TIGER game .
bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles played there against Westfall early in the season in that one day (all day), Saturday, event that is held there every December. Peebles had played a very hard-fought game the night before which was their Homecoming. That of course meant a later night than normal. Westfall beat Peebles by 20 points in that December game at the Convo.

I know that the Peebles boys were disappointed in their performance that night back in December and they are a much better team now than they were at that time. They did not shoot the ball that night the way they are capable of shooting it and I'm sure they were able to take something from that experience. I also think that Peebles went to Team Camp at Ohio University last summer with the expectation of playing there this winter.

Good luck Indians!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”