2/24 Wheelersburg vs. Piketon

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I hope both teams play their best game. Should be a good one.

Be kind to all who come into your presence
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

^^^^^^^^^^^

Amen to that!!!!!!

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
SportsFiend wrote:Burg easy.
Burg by 15.
Burg by 30.
Burg by 50.

I know we are just supporting our boys out there and on here, but I've got one thing for you all.

Ironton over South Point. One and done for a fantastic 20-0 team.

Crazy stuff happens at this level as we all know. I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said.

So boys....if you're reading this crap (and I hope you aren't) stay tough and play like the team that you are. Back-to-back years in the final four and no one thought you would have such a successful year like you have had this year. Prove them wrong and take it one game at a time. ;-)

First off, I haven't seen anyone on here say the Pirates would win by 30 or 50 points. The Cal Preps put on by Mad Dogg are a joke as was pointed out by a Wheelersburg fan. We have tried our best to get him to quit putting that crap on here, but he's obviously to simple minded to see that it's garbage.

Second, I could almost gaurantee that most of the posts on here saying the Burg will win by 15 or 20 points are not Burg fans, but probably people that have seen them play. We all know that this is going to be a tough game and will probably be close and decided by free throws in the waning minutes of the game.

Third, South Point may have went 20-0, but they were not a fantastic team. They were a team that plays in a weak league, and just like Chesapeake in years past, go 20-0 in the regular season and then usually make an early exit in the tourney. As soon as I saw that South Point had to play the winner of the Ironton/Rock Hill game I knew they would be one and done because I figured Ironton would knock off RH and then do the same to SP.

My goodness. I wasn't trying to start something here BurgGrad. I was just pointing out that anything can happen when you get to the tournament level. I realize that no one said Burg by 30 or 50 or whatever. I was making a point. I have seen maddogg's calpreps nonsense for a long time. It seemed to play into making my point a little stronger is all.

And who cares if the people who are taking the Burg by a lot aren't "Burg fans" if they've seen them play? They have opinions too and can say what they will.

There are fans of all schools on here. When I pointed out that SP made an early exit, I was only trying to show that anything can happen. I wasn't saying anything about their SOS or trying to put those guys down.

I'll repeat my point: "Crazy stuff happens at this level as we all know." No worries. :-D

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

So its ok for "Piketon fans" to say that they are the underdog and will win, but its not ok for Wheelersburg fans to say what they think? That is a load of bull.

So people that have seen us play say we have the best defense we have ever had and Piketon fans who have never seen us play are saying that they think our defense isnt that good. HMM.. I hope the boys read this and see what they think about how bad our defense is.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Where is REDSTREAKFAN? He sure got quiet? Maybe he looked at the huddle and realized how intelligent his post was.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I think it's great that we fans get on here and support our team. As a Piketon fan, I want the Streaks to win every game they play. However, as a realist, I know they won't. I want them to beat Wheelersburg, but I know that will take an almost perfect game by the Streaks. I'm basing this on the fact that Wheelersburg has had more success than Piketon, as I haven't seen Wheelersburg play. The preseason scrimmage between the teams means nothing at this stage of the game.

Every school has supporters who talk out of their bottoms, based on what their posts say. And every school is victimized by posters who come on here and try to stir the crap. Lets not get too carried away by what is said on here.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Nicely said mikepike. I agree that it will take a big effort from the Streaks to grab the W, but that is why we play the game. It doesnt bother me one bit to here people making predictions for either team, like my daddy use to say, opinions are like rear ends, every one has one and everybody elses stinks but yours!

Pre sale tickets are on sale at Piketon High School and Zahns Middle school. They are good for all day on Sunday! $6

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

did piketon beat ironton ?

The Rocket
Waterboy

Post by The Rocket »

I've seen burg play.....Piketon by 15

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

mikepike wrote:I think it's great that we fans get on here and support our team. As a Piketon fan, I want the Streaks to win every game they play. However, as a realist, I know they won't. I want them to beat Wheelersburg, but I know that will take an almost perfect game by the Streaks. I'm basing this on the fact that Wheelersburg has had more success than Piketon, as I haven't seen Wheelersburg play. The preseason scrimmage between the teams means nothing at this stage of the game.

Every school has supporters who talk out of their bottoms, based on what their posts say. And every school is victimized by posters who come on here and try to stir the crap. Lets not get too carried away by what is said on here.

well said. classy post. I hope the best effort comes out for both teams and they leave it all on the court and I say we do as well.

The Rocket
Waterboy

piketon

Post by The Rocket »

I think Piketon could compare thier press to OAK HILL academy out in virgina, they are about the same style. Good luck both teams.

GO STREAKS LETS RED__EM OUT BOYS GO FIGHT WIN DONT DO ANYTHING BUT TRY YOUr HARDEST AND DONT GIVE UP EVER. AND REMEMBER THAT NOTHING MATTERS BUT B-BALL.

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

all the luck to both teams but hoping that the BURG can stay strong!!!!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: piketon

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Rocket wrote:I think Piketon could compare thier press to OAK HILL academy out in virgina, they are about the same style. Good luck both teams.

GO STREAKS LETS RED__EM OUT BOYS GO FIGHT WIN DONT DO ANYTHING BUT TRY YOUr HARDEST AND DONT GIVE UP EVER. AND REMEMBER THAT NOTHING MATTERS BUT B-BALL.

According to your other thread, the only thing that should matter is the league title, which Piketon didn't win.

Piketon by 15 huh! I'll take that bet!!!!!!

nicepike, nice post and my feelings exactly. I hate it when people bring up scrimmages all the time. It happens in football all the time also. Hell, Huntington, WV beat the Burg in a scrimmage last year by about 40 points and you would have thought that they won the state title in that game. The Huntington paper put an article in the paper that Huntington had beaten the mighty Burg IN A SCRIMMAGE. I guess that is a good thing that they thought that highly of the Burg that they felt it was a huge accomplishment to beat them. Whatever tricks your trigger!!!!!!!

Here is to a good game come Sunday and whichever team wins, I hope they can continue all the way to the Schott.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Wheelersburg will win by 10.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I have seen both teams play. Wheelersburgs defense is as good as any team in any division in our region. Piketon has been real up and down this year. They will have to play their very best game and knock down shots to compete. When you play D like the burg you can have off nights scoring and stay in the game. I would also say Burg has the edge in the coaching dept. Barrick is definately one of the best around. Burg also is coming off a big tourney run last year and the kids know what it takes. I see a double digit win by the burg. JMO

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

piratepride05
Waterboy

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is REDSTREAKFAN? He sure got quiet? Maybe he looked at the huddle and realized how intelligent his post was.

Not worth my time...PiratePride, I'm not an idiot...but thanks for your nice post. That's the class and respect I'm talking about.

As for my posts, I am a supporter of Piketon, and I didn't even go to school there...However, if you want to build a championship program, it begins by believing you can win. I believe Piketon can beat the Burg; just like I believed they would beat Ironton (which they had down by 23 at one point)...But in order to be champions, you have to beat them!

I agree, you can't judge a team now by what happened in a scrimmage (especially one in which "half the team" wasn't there)...I do respect what the Burg has done, and I have full respect for Coach Barrick. Never have I put down this Wheelersburg team; I have defended Piketon just like all the other posters defending their teams. I still don't feel that people respect the Piketon team, and no one says you have to....that's why I said, "that's why you play the game".....If Piketon wins, they get the respect...if they lose the game, then there's still work to do.

As for getting caught up in the posts...I'm not like that...I'm not trying to get bad stuff started...I am standing up for my team, that's all...Go streaks!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

alabama mike wrote:I believe they both played Northwest as well. Piketon very early in the season and Burg twice during the SOC.

The Piketon vs. Westfall game last night was very physical. Burg will have to be ready to go for 4 quarters come Sunday night.
Northwest?

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Black Panther wrote:
alabama mike wrote:I believe they both played Northwest as well. Piketon very early in the season and Burg twice during the SOC.

The Piketon vs. Westfall game last night was very physical. Burg will have to be ready to go for 4 quarters come Sunday night.
Northwest?
Yeah, They are the Mohawks.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

GO BURG!!! These seniors have been to the convo 4 yrs in a row and the finals i believe either all 4 or 3 of 4. EB beat them with a failing shot by a frosh named Spradln but I dont know if that was a regional final or not. I was there but just cant remember :( Anyway, I hope the refs dont ruin this game. Take the obvious and let the kids play. I saw a post earlier about a physical Reds team. Good luck! Burg has been pushed around, slaughtered, maimed! but still came out on top. The Belpre game was a wakeup to all teams in the convo for our district/region that the BURG is ready to play BBALL. Take that in your locker room!

Good luck to the Reds as they take on my Burgites!! I like the Pike program and especially the football program!! Nice job by a community that wants to step it up.

Good luck to both teams Sunday and may the better team win!!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

burg

Return to “Boys Basketball”