State Tourny Overrated......?

The Rocket
Waterboy

Re: State Tourny Overrated......?

Post by The Rocket »

Burggrad,

Hey man, calm down a bit. This is nothing but an opinion.
Also, where do you get "loud mouth" from? I haven't spoke the first word, everything on this forum has been hand typed.

The Rocket
p.s.
Don't worry about where I went to school.

:lol: HAHA

earp
S

Post by earp »

Guys this is some middle school kid or something that is having fun with all the adults.I would just ignore it. :roll: :roll:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: I'm Back

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thecinderellapick wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
The Rocket wrote:c-pick.....

Oh yes, I have many great ideas and won many games. I know what I'm talking about.

Then prove it loud mouth. Tell us just exactly which school attended that won a state title in both basketball and baseball in the same 4 years you were in school.

I just went back through the past champions on the OHSAA web site and since 2000 no school has won the state title in both basketball and baseball in a 4 year period other than Cincinnati Moeller and I don't consider them a "small school from southern Ohio".

So either you are full of it or it occurred before that time period. My money is on the first option.

calm down BG... what ever happened to the times when you could just take a mans (or womens) word and trust that? going behind their backs and checkin' on them is just WRONG! i think its AWESOME that there is a small school representative from such a little known town that is PROUD OF THERE ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

If he is so proud of his accomplishments then he needs to own up to them and prove it. He comes on here and runs his mouth about doing this and doing that and implies that the state tourney is a joke and that league titles are much better. If he is from a small town in southern Ohio and did win both a state title in basketball and baseball then why can't he own up to it and prove it. Like earp said, it's probably just some young kid yanking our chain and we should just ignore him, which is exactly what I'm going to do after this post.

caglewis
SEOP

Re:

Post by caglewis »

Captain Jack wrote:
bman618 wrote:Let's say Chillicothe loses to Marietta, for example. They still had a good season but it would be a disappointment to the players, coaches, fans and community.

Didn't Zanesville win the SEOAL this season? That's why this season is a disappointment for the Cavs.

Yeah, Chilli's so sad to have only that STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Banner rather than the SEOAL Banner.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Re:

Post by biggdowgg »

caglewis wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:
bman618 wrote:Let's say Chillicothe loses to Marietta, for example. They still had a good season but it would be a disappointment to the players, coaches, fans and community.

Didn't Zanesville win the SEOAL this season? That's why this season is a disappointment for the Cavs.

Yeah, Chilli's so sad to have only that STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Banner rather than the SEOAL Banner.

I dont think there is a SEOAL banner...so good thing they went ahead and won the state :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Yeah, I bet the fans in Chillicothe and the team are really disappointed that they "only" won the State Championship and not that League Championship because those state titles are so overated.

:roll: :roll:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

If Chilli wants to trade banners, I'm sure Zville wouldn't mind.

Congrats again Cavs on your "overrated" state championship. Can we retire this thread already?

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I revived this thread because Chillicothe's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP win proved/disproved the original point and counter arguements re respective value of League vs State Titles.
To be fair to Zanesville, SEOAL Champs [which I'm not usually inclined to be], their Tournament loss was to Newark - the eventual Div I State Champs, who played rings around St. Edwards - in that "weak" Columbus Region.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

I bet The Rocket went to Southern. They have an awesome swimming program! :-D

He also participated in Wrestlemania and was a 2 year starter in roller derby! :shock:

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

As a Zanesville fan, we would gladly trade the League banner for a State Championship banner. This is Newark and Chillicothe's day, it just wasn't meant to be for us. As hard as I rooted for both teams yesterday, deep in our hearts of all Zanesville fans, were the would've, could've, and SHOULD'VE feelings. We still are able to say we did beat the D-1 champs by 16 points in the regualr season and we won the SEOAL championship on the D-2 state champs home floor, but we can only say that because of the accomplishments of both Chillicothe and Newark who are great teams. I still believe both league championships and state titles are important, but state champions is a lifetime achievement! I am proud of both Chillicothe and Newark. In a time of high school basketball where AAU all star teams become actual high school teams during the winter, it was very rewarding to see these small town teams win such a big tourney!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Thank You, tropicalbreeze. You are much more generous than some other Zanesville supporters have been on here.
Chillicothe and Newark played spectacular winning games yesterday, but they went through [even lost to] some tough teams on their way to that final game. Zanesville was one of those tough teams for both.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

thank you tropical. i honestly believe the comeback win at zanesville was a big part of the reason the cavs believed they could come back to win this game at state. They've been there, against equally tough competition, and saw what happens when they stay with it and keep fighting. Zanesville has the distinction of being able to say they beat two state champs, that shows just how good the blue devils were this year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Yea, I'd say Chillicothe is real dissapointed with that State Championship. lol....

The Rocket
Waterboy

Post by The Rocket »

Judge Smales...I was and I defeated Hulk Hogan.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

The Rocket wrote:Judge Smales...I was and I defeated Hulk Hogan.

And I struck out Ichiro.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Captain Jack Wrote

Apparently, some are too foolish to either read the entire thread or to get a joke. Those foolish posters include caglewis, biggdowgg and others.

now I went back both pages, and there is only 2 post that Indicate you was joking...the one before this one, and this one itself both have :lol: .

now if you want :fools' like Caglewis and my self to understand you are joking, you need to add :lol: at the end of youre jokes :lol:

by the way, I would put my Money on Caglewis being the smartest member on this site ;-)

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

i feel like i wasted moments of my life i will never get back reading this topic.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cat1606 wrote:i feel like i wasted moments of my life i will never get back reading this topic.

ahhh,,,what else did you have to do? 8)

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

If you count the journey to the tourney I don't know how you can overrate it. That journey includes your regular season games. I remember vividly at Portsmouth Clay in 1966 when we beat Ross Southeastern 20 points in the regular season and lost to them by one point in the regional finals. I also remember in 1969 when we played at St. John's arena and lost in the state semi-finals....but we still made the final four and it was more than exciting.

Return to “Boys Basketball”