Freshman Team

Re: 2/25 Western vs. Reedsville Eastern

Post by longball315 »

good luck eastern

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Re: Western against Reedsville Eastern.............@convo

Post by thecinderellapick »

1longtimeviking wrote:Remember, Western is in the SOC I. Symmes Valley is the SOC I champion. But, anything can happen.

what exactly is this post supposed to imply?

GOOOO INDIANS!!!! Your fans are behind you all the way!!!! let's go get 'er done tonight!!!!

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

If Penwell and Shanks can get off scoring quickly and the rest of the team plays like they always do it will be a long night for Reedsville. Western 65 Eastern 55. Crash the boards and get out on the break boys. Leave it all on the floor.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

My previous post isn't supposed to imply anything. Western is in the SOC 1, Symmes Valley is the SOC 1 Champion. Just a statement of the facts.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Good Luck to the Eastern Eagles

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

I hope they put some extra support under the floor by the visiting bench. Howie is going to be stompin' win or lose.

Good luck Eagles.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I hope both TVC teams get the win tonight :!:

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

Can anyone give the scores at the end of each quarter. thanks :-D

Hook_N_Lateral
Waterboy

Post by Hook_N_Lateral »

Is this game on the radio?!?!?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

54-50 final with Western coming out on top.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

According to another poster on another thread there was a call in the 3rd quarter with Eastern up by 10 points that changed the game. Can anyone elaborate?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There was a call in the 3rd qtr that caused a 14 point turn-a-round? If true the Cubs can blame Bartman for blowing a 8-3 lead in the 8th inning of game 6 of the NLCS a few years ago.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Snuffy on WNXT said Eastern was up 10 they called hanging on the rim T,did not allow the basket Western hit two free throws and then got the ball and scored two more cut the lead to six

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

The call was legitimate. I don't think that's what the earlier poster meant by a "call" turned things around. My guess is the point is that the "play" caused a major swing in the momentum and could have been a definite turning point in the game.

In fact, I was sitting with my 9-year old and after the final buzzer I asked him that very question. I said, "So what do you think made the greatest difference in the game?" His answer was __________ (that play).

Basically what happened: a Western player stole a pass and was headed for a layup. It appears that he attempted a dunk but missed. As the ball was bouncing off the rim, an Eastern player came in from behind, jumped up and grabbed the rim. The call made was goal-tending plus a technical foul. The actual point turnaround was 6, as Western was awarded the points plus both free throws were made. Then they got the ball out of bounds and made another bucket. From that moment on Western had the momentum.

Hope that explains what the earlier poster meant.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

diamondD1 wrote:The call was legitimate. I don't think that's what the earlier poster meant by a "call" turned things around. My guess is the point is that the "play" caused a major swing in the momentum and could have been a definite turning point in the game.

In fact, I was sitting with my 9-year old and after the final buzzer I asked him that very question. I said, "So what do you think made the greatest difference in the game?" His answer was __________ (that play).

Basically what happened: a Western player stole a pass and was headed for a layup. It appears that he attempted a dunk but missed. As the ball was bouncing off the rim, an Eastern player came in from behind, jumped up and grabbed the rim. The call made was goal-tending plus a technical foul. The actual point turnaround was 6, as Western was awarded the points plus both free throws were made. Then they got the ball out of bounds and made another bucket. From that moment on Western had the momentum.

Hope that explains what the earlier poster meant.

Works for Me you were there I was not,just went by what he said on the radio

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

There can be turning points in any game that can cause a swing in mometum. Eastern was leading 32-22 with with 2:43 to go in the third quarter. Western calls a time out.
Soon after, Vince Shanks steals the ball and dribbles down and misses a dunk. The ball comes off the back of the rim and directly back toward the foul line. An Eastern player reaches up and grabs the rim and pulls it down. The ball was out of the cylinder when the rim was grabbed IMO. Whistle.
Technical foul and goal tending was called. I agree with the technical foul but not the goal tending. Anyway, Shanks hits two free throws for a four point play and they get the ball back. The did not score on this possession. The grabbing of the rim, instead of the rebound, created the four point play. The points really sparked Western as they outscore the Eagles 11-5 the remainder of the period to make the score 37-33 at the end of the third quarter. Western outscored the Eagles 19-13 in the fourth quarter as Eastern sent Western to free throw line late.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Western 11 5 17 21 54
Eastern 11 13 13 13 50

Western

Vince Shanks 16 (Hit 10 free throws)
Bobby Smithson 13
Zach Kier 13
Chris Penwell 10
Drew Wolford 2

FT 17-26

Eastern

Jake Lynch 19
Kyle Rawson 11
Titus Pierce 10
Kelly Winebrenner 4
Alex Burroughs 4
Mike Johnson 2

FT 8-14

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman- As a Cubs fan, you have offended me. The Cubs were only up 3-0 at the time of the Bartman Interference. I don't blame him though, I blame the left field umpire for not calling fan interference on the play.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Don't grab the rim as a defender or ever unless it's a dunk attempt. Pretty easy to follow that one.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Good game by the Eagles. To bad that one play changed the game, I have never seen that before. They had a good season and finished well and had a good chance of going and winning the District Final. Congrats the the Seniors and Good Luck to the Guys Back for Next Year!

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

a big congrats to western tonight!!! i know you had a lot of fans on the edge of their seats, but ya pulled thru. GREAT game by smithson, shanks, and wolford, who came in off the bench for some VERY nice game time. ALL the boys should be VERY PROUD of themselves after tonight's (2nd half ;-) ) performance. all i can say is look out H2O-ford, 'cause the tribe is on the warpath!!!! i wish the indians good luck for Saturday. GOOOOOOOOO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”