South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Surprised???? Nils designed the shirt in Art Class. He is very creative as well as being 6' 9" (in shoes) and able to jump out of the gym. I have heard that SJ may try to start a track team this spring just for him as he will be a lock for the state tourney in the High Jump. The Serbian Sam Bowie may bring SJ its first ever state championship in track.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You guys are maing him out to be the next great thing before playing a second of USA basketball. I wish him the best but this isnt Serbia.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

this entire thread has become one of the craziest I have ever read! Suspended for eating pepperoni? A new player declared eligible that S.Gallia has never had an opportunity to see play? This is a mess!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

As I understand it now there has been NO appeal to the OHSAA on Nils eligibility. Now on to lunchgate, as i understand things the representative from the diocese can not be in town till 8 pm tonight and requested that the meeting be moved till in the morning. I've heard several people are trying to get it done this evening so maybe the coach can have at least a little practice time to put this all together before the game tomorrow night.

GO FLYERS!!!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I am told the issue has a resolution that is a 'good news bad news' deal. It will be confirmed at tonight's meeting and is hopefully agreeable to all parties.

The players will not be suspended but will instead have to serve an after-school detention. The problem is the fact that detentions must be served before the players can play. Detention is 90 minutes and must be served on Tuesday so the players will miss the bus. Now, they have to find their own way to the game at Meigs and they have to hope they can leave Ironton in time to make the 6:15 start. Moving the game to Meigs from Wellston has proven to be a problem for these players. I don't know for sure but it looks like they may get out of the car just in time to make the start.

What a mess this has turned out to be all over an incorrect order at Lil Ceasers. To their credit, I heard the employee was very helpful in trying to get this mess cleared up for those affected players.

With all this said, I still don't feel good about SJ's chances. Nils will be a great addition but expecting those kids to get out of a car without warmups and contribute is a tall order.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I am 100% behind the kids in this...I once ordered fish at the k of c and they brought me a steak. I was half the way through it before I realized it wasn't fish.. It could happen to anyone

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Excellent post!!!!!!!! Pretty much sums up this entire issue.

SE Wild Child
Waterboy

Post by SE Wild Child »

will they be serving little ceasars pizza at the concession stand?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

That won't be a problem since the game isn't on Friday.

As I reported earlier, the issue has been resolved in a meeting tonight. The players must serve after-school detentions tomorrow to be able to play in the game. That doesn't mean that all is well because the players must also transport themselves to the game and will be lucky to get there by game time.

SE Wild Child
Waterboy

Post by SE Wild Child »

hope both teams have all their players should be a dandy in Meigs

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

After Tuesday we won't have to read this crap anymore. We will be able to read about the actual game not about made up players and made up suspensions. Instead of making up stuff you ought to take some pride in the players that actual play. I bet this makes them feel real good to read this crap.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

" Lighten up Francis " We could have had 3 pages of brilliant posts like the one that said SG would win by 20 unless they played in Mercerville then SG would win by 10 or we could have had 100 posts saying SG was now healthy. I dont think anyone forced you to read this thread plus saying Nils doesnt exist makesyou look foolish.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Whachoo talkin bout Willis? Made up players and made up suspensions? Crap? I am so offended.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Settle down Fred , sounds like ur on the verge of having the big one! Your right u will not have to read this crap, as u call it, after tonight. You may be spending all ur time on the baseball forum. Now on to more serious matters. I need to know if the football field at meigs HS would be a suitable landing zone for a helicopter? I'm working on providing "transportation " for the Players after their detention is served . I have a safe landing zone in Ironton to pick them up and a pilot that is donating his time. Traffic that time of day thur oak hill would be horrible so if anyone from meigs can assess the field for overhead wires and such it would be greatly appreciated.

GWIZ
Waterboy

Post by GWIZ »

Game Day REBELS!!! SG by 17

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

I'll take that action! We can settle up after the game. 50 bucks ? I've got the Flyers and 17!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Just let me know if u accept. We can meet before the game and make arrangements to pay up after.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Game Day !!! Good Luck Rebels!!!!!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

hello gwiz. its about time for liftoff! what about ur rebels minus 17????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I'LL BE UR HUCKLEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

GO FLYERS!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Rebels take this one home tonight 66-44

Return to “Boys Basketball”