South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

pleasanttiger
SEO

Re: South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

Post by pleasanttiger »

Brutus, same deal for u . If u are here I'll take SJ +17 for 50. Just give the confirmation and we can meet and arrange for the transfer of funds.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Ur predicting a 22 point rebel victory. I'm willing to take only 17. Can't get odds like that in Vegas or mercer Vegas ! How bout it?

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

U got about 3 min boys . No takers???? I'm shocked!!! LOL

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

3rd quarter and South Gallia leads 44-26.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

south gallia 48
St joe 26

early in the 3rd...where is the 6'9 kid

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I spoke to a St. Joe fan and they told me everything was made up. No pizza gate or 6-9 exchange student.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

South Gallia has gotten sloppy and now lead 52-45 in the 4th.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

What an ugly sloppy 2ndand half by the Rebels. Hold on to win 60-52. It almost feels like we lost. Play like that and it will be one and out at the Convo. GO REBELS!

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Wow is all I can say.. South Gallia was up big and thought it was over. St Joe fought back and got with in four. Sg needs to get the crap out of the head and realize it's tourney time, no one is going to give up in the third quarter!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Terrible performance Rebels but a win is a win. Lets not play so dumb Thursday though

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Typical, no credit to ISJ for fighting back from most SG posters.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Sadly Nils Grbnik was unable to play. As I was told, an INS agent with ties to Gallia County looked into Grbnik's visa and found problems causing Nils to be deported before he could play. Sad but true.

On to the game. I thought SJ turned the ball over too many times and shot the ball poorly. They really only played well during that stretch where they cut the lead from 22 down to one possession. SJ never gave up and I expected no less.

SG shot very well early on but were not impressive in the second half. For SJ to play as poorly as they did and still be in the game at the end tells me that SG is not as good as I have heard. I am sure that will not be a popular opinion on this site but it is what it is.

I have seen SG and I have seen ND and I am confident that if ND beats Green, they will beat SG handily. ND has too many athletes for SG to handle.

Come at me if you wish because I don't agree that SG is the next state champion. Just stating my opinion.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to the Rebels on the win tonight. A win is a win and at tournament time the name of the game is win and move on anyway you can. Where did anyone say they were the next state champion. Why is it that these two schools can not get along anymore? Yea it is both sides!! Even sadder is that I have people at St. Joe that I consider friends and have a great deal of respect for!!

Was an interesting game to watch. Yes you have to give St. Joe credit for fighting back to get the game to 2 points in the fourth quarter. 33 can shoot the lights out if given the chance. Yes SG got sloppy but they pulled it out in the end. SG has to play better if they want to take the next step!

The Flyer Faithful made for some interesting reading this past few days. Was looking for a giant on the floor. Was you able to make the connections to Pomeroy International for a landing or was the football field able handle the chopper? Wish I had a Little Ceaser Pizza Box to have played along.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Who said anything about state champions? If you read the post SG fans are somewhat critical of the team. Typical, no credit given to SG on winning by ISJ posters. :lol: Big thumbs up to a great SG crowd tonight! Awesome turnout!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I made the state championship comment because for 2 years now, I have read on this site that SG has great players and great coaching.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I thought SG played well the 1st half and yes got sloppy the 2nd half but ISJ had something to do with that. SG has a veteran team while ISJ is young having made their run with only 1 Senior on the floor. SG can play with PND but if they get cute with the ball PND will make you pay. PND will press from the get go and have the athletes to press all night so SG will have to be ready.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I have to agree that St. Joe had something to do with the play of SG in the second half. Also SG had something to do with the mistakes that St. Joe made. The thing about high school sports is that teenagers will lose focus and make mistakes in games. You tell me what is more unpredictable than a teenage boy or girl?

South Gallia will have to be ready in there next game if they want to keep going but they can do it if they stay focused. This was a dangerous game for South Gallia because St. Joe is capable to win big games, example Wellston.

SE Wild Child
Waterboy

Post by SE Wild Child »

congrats South Gallia Ironton St Joe fought back but depended on 33 to shot their way out! worth noting i did see Nils Grbnik at little ceasars after the game

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

I have to ask this question because if I don't I'll go to my grave wondering. Was he eating cheese pizza?

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I think this is our fourth trip to the Convo Rebels, let's get our first win there boys. Go Rebels.

Return to “Boys Basketball”