2/29 Chillicothe vs Logan Elm

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

mhs82
Freshman Team

Re: 2/29 Chillicothe vs Logan Elm

Post by mhs82 »

Actually my kids attend Hillsboro - so I will be watching Hillsboro baseball and track. By whoopin, are you talking about the kind that Chilli has taken for years and years until they lucked out and got dropped down a division to compete against many teams barely larger than D3? A town the size of Chilli playing the schools that they play in the tourney is a joke.

Oh, and what is with the large blue print - trying to compensate because you lack in other areas?

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

mhs , I wouldnt be so sure about support. Look for plenty of SVC support for the Cavs. This time of year these kids all support each other. Go Blue and white , from another big blue . If you think everyone that isnt from CHS is rooting against them, you are hugely mistaken. GO CAVS!

sounds like a bit of sour grapes , if your kids go to Hillsboro, I understand your bitterness. Also if you didnt know? OHSAA goes by enrollment figures not size of the "town" LE- 318 boys Chilli- 335...and Hillsboro 339 boys...not a huge difference.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I agree with the SVC Fan. :roll:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Since Chillicothe seems to have everything fixed now, I believe they won't lose so many to the other county high schools. Look for their population to go up in the school.

As for the game, poor Logan Elm will have its sling shot for the mighty big giant.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army, one thing I've learned is to never undersell any Greenfield team. Their history and program speak for itself. Vinton better be ready for a tough, defensive, low-scoring ballgame Friday. Greenfield is a good fundamentally sound team.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

SEfan2007 wrote:mhs , I wouldnt be so sure about support. Look for plenty of SVC support for the Cavs. This time of year these kids all support each other. Go Blue and white , from another big blue . If you think everyone that isnt from CHS is rooting against them, you are hugely mistaken. GO CAVS!

sounds like a bit of sour grapes , if your kids go to Hillsboro, I understand your bitterness. Also if you didnt know? OHSAA goes by enrollment figures not size of the "town" LE- 318 boys Chilli- 335...and Hillsboro 339 boys...not a huge difference.

Still crying about last year I see.

Army
S

Post by Army »

We knew you were still upset and will most likely be after your Tigers game with the Vikings this year. :-D

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

mhs...what in the world do I have to be crying about? Explain please.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SEfan2007 wrote:mhs...what in the world do I have to be crying about? Explain please.

SEfan2007,

Don't mind him. He is a disgruntle character that likes to bash Chillicothe Athletics and SVC Schools. Did SE-Ross play Greenfield McClain last year? I don't know. That's why I am asking?

mhs82 is still crying after CHS defeated his Tigers in the District after all his prior bashing of the CAVS the week leading up to the game last year. He has bashed our CAVS and City on here so much, we have got use to him. Especially all his predictions about SCOL Teams going to rule. :roll:

I know he has made fun of SVC Schools from time to time too. Don't worry about him, he's harmless :!: :-D

He's getting ready for Track and Baseball Season :!: :shock: :-D :lol: :lol:

GO CAVS refuse to lose :!:

Roll Big Blue and White Cavaliers to Victory :!:

GO SEOAL....Rock the House :!:

GO Chillicothe Huntington-Ross refuse to lose :!:

Roll Big Green and White Huntsmen to Victory :!:

GO SVC Rock the House :!:

GO Ross County Schools in the Tournament :!: :-D

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

upset in the making!! ill take logan elm in a very tight game! 80-77

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

80-77?! How many overtimes is that going be in? If the score is that high, Logan Elm is in deep trouble! LE has won their games by keeping the score low with good defense and being patient in the half court. They really haven't run like the LE teams of the past. Now if the score is in the high 40s or low 50s with 2 minutes to go, I'll be feeling good about Logan Elm's chances. If its in the 70s, Chillicothe wins big.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

hate to break it to you braves fans but....cinderella doesnt make it to the ball.

chilli by 20

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

I think the tradition of LE speaks for it self. We all know what kind of effort we will get out of LE...although we don't really know what they'll do. Coach Stiverson is one of the best coaches around and ALWAYS gets the most with the least. I saw 2 or 3 of the 4 McClain games and I can tell you that it WILL be close for 2.5 quarters. After that we will see Chilli pull away and win by around 15 ONLY IF they are playing how they are capable of. If they are not playing at least a B+ game than it will be close throughout with Chilli pulling out a close win. LE and McClain ARE the 2 best PROGRAMS around and IMO have the 2 best coaches around. They will both ALWAYS be there. Also.

LE will play well...they always do...especially when playing the role of David at the convo.
Chilli plays well= CHS by 15-20
Chilli plays bad= CHS by 2-7

After this game I think Chilli could coast to State except for a moderate challenge from Dover.

By the way...my money's on McClain by 4 in the second game.

GO CAVS!!!

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

SEFan: I am talking about the SE-MHS game last year. Some of the worst fan behavior from SE fans that I have ever seen. I have friends from SE who were flat out embarassed by the way the SE fans acted.

Army: I'm not crying about last year - a double overtime loss to a very good team is nothing to be ashamed about. I just flat out don't like you - we had this out on the political forum several months ago and I am willing to take it back there if you wish. Your extremists views are what is wrong with this country. As for dislike of CHS, that is not true, I have friends who's kids go there - I just dislike certain posters from CHS. The school and the kids there I have no problem with. I will however be rooting against them because I will root for the underdog. I root against the Patriots, against the Yankees, in the past against the Braves, against the Bulls, etc. I just prefer the underdog.

Oh, and as for hatred of SVC, where do you see that I said that? Because of family, I have spent more than my share of time right in the middle of the Paint Valley faithful cheering on the Bearcats. I like the SVC, even like many people for SE, just not the ones who showed their butts at McClain last year.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

mhs82 wrote:Actually my kids attend Hillsboro - so I will be watching Hillsboro baseball and track. By whoopin, are you talking about the kind that Chilli has taken for years and years until they lucked out and got dropped down a division to compete against many teams barely larger than D3? A town the size of Chilli playing the schools that they play in the tourney is a joke.

Oh, and what is with the large blue print - trying to compensate because you lack in other areas?

Which one does not belong? (I'll make it easy for you, I'll put it at the top)

Population (http://ohio.hometownlocator.com)

Chillicothe: 21,796
Hillsboro: 6,368
Greenfield:4,906
McArthur: 1,888
Gallipolis: 4,180
Jackson: 6,184
Circleville: 13,485
Marietta: 14,515
Ironton: 11,211

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

your population may be correct, but will you now put up the totals for students at each school.

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Cavs by as many as they want.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bronc21 wrote:your population may be correct, but will you now put up the totals for students at each school.
Number of kids attending the school is what counts.How can you base it on total population? Thats not fair either.Why? because not all the kids in a particular town go to the same school.Alot of towns have more than one High School. As Chillicothe does. Score prediction : Chillicothe 76 LE 48.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

mhs82 wrote:
mhs82 wrote:Actually my kids attend Hillsboro - so I will be watching Hillsboro baseball and track. By whoopin, are you talking about the kind that Chilli has taken for years and years until they lucked out and got dropped down a division to compete against many teams barely larger than D3? A town the size of Chilli playing the schools that they play in the tourney is a joke.

mhs,

My guess if this information is accurate, there must be alot of kids who moved out of Chilly to go to the County schools, or a whole lot of County kids in these other cities who moved in town to the respective high schools. My guess is Vinton County would be a good example. I imagine most don't live in the city of McArthur. One other thought...there are a heck a lot of people with no kids (or a bunch of retirees). No wonder we cannot pass a school levy.

Army
S

Post by Army »

mhs82 wrote:

Here you go right from the OHSAA:

1. Chillicothe: 21,796................Chillicothe Cavaliers (335 Boys)
2. Hillsboro: 6,368....................Hillsboro Indians (339 Boys)
3. Greenfield:4,906...................Greenfield McClain Tigers (301 Boys)
4. McArthur: 1,888...................McArthur Vinton County Vikings (295 Boys)
5. Gallipolis: 4,180.....................Gallia Academy (247 Boys)
6. Jackson: 6,184.......................Jackson Ironmen (378 Boys)
7. Circleville: 13,485....................Circleville Tigers (283 Boys)
8. Marietta: 14,515......................Marietta Tigers (389 Boys)
9. Ironton: 11,211.......................Ironton Fighting Tigers (216 Boys)

mhs82,

You were saying :?:

Return to “Boys Basketball”