3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: 3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Hitchbone64 »

trojandave wrote:There is no team playing better basketball in SE D3 than the Wheelersburg Pirates. They have steamrolled 2 opponents, the latter being a respectable Piketon club that finished near the top of the SVC. The Pirates suffocate with defense, and have a balanced offense with Drew Spradlin leading the way.

Huntington really impressed me against Chesapeake.......Justin Kellough had an outstanding first half, and the Huntsmen completely dominated a good Panthers squad.

I can't pick against the Pirates.......they look better than anybody, but Huntington can win this game if they defend and keep the Burg off the offensive glass.....Wheelersburg really hurt Piketon on putbacks, so HHS must box out........

Good luck to the Pirates from this Portsmouth Trojans fan.

trojandave,

I am not so sure the Burg isn't playing better basketball, then not only the D3 schools, but the D2 as well. This is a very good team. Obviously my loyalities lie in Ross County, but it would be hard to pick against this talented Burg team. I continue to say they are state bound. They have the experience, the defense and the inside/outside scoring. The Huntsmen will not lay down, but they are going to have to play their best game of the year to pull this out.

GO CAVS!!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This will be a great game!!! I feel the edge goes to HR. Their guard play is very, very good. They do not miss open 3's and if they cant get a look they will drive into the trees and float one. HR also has very good roll players, they know how to help their team. They will not beat themselves and also play a good pressure "D".

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Easy does it Mr. Yabbadabbadoo. :? I agree, it would be nice not to see the cal preps stuff on the board but Dogg has to be able to put something on since someone already beat him to his "thoughts on the game."

I look for this game to be a slobber-knocker. Ball security, rebounding, free throws and tempo will be keys for the this game. The men in orange and black looked very good Sunday night.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

I would say that the Calpreps post has become part of the Mojo!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Last year's stat line for Cam Miller in the Huntington game:

Camden Miller 11 points, 10 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks

As I recall, he was in foul trouble most of the first half and did not start scoring until toward the end of the third quarter and scored all his points over a five minutes period. He played maybe 2 quarters total that game?

Since he was out so much, Gary Salyers stepped up big in his place with 18 points.

Not that that has any bearing on Saturday...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

dang, Yabbaa...you want a baseball bat to work him over with :shock:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Don't tempt me, biggdowgg, don't tempt me.LOL

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I keep telling you guys to just give him a Scooby Snack and he will go lay in a corner somewhere and "groom" himself.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

I was implying that if the ref's let Burg play physical then they will win. I do not blame them one bit for playing the style that they played Sunday against Piketon. If the ref's let em play that way then why not. The thing about the Burg is that they are good enough to play to many different styles.

The only thing I am hoping for is a good game!!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Sawdust wrote:Easy, yabba, easy!! looks like he's just tryin' to tweak ya.
I give the guard edge to Huntington, them brothers are tough.
Interior edge (big edge) goes to 'burg. (them brothers are tough too)
Will be a tight game, I'll go with the Burg by 5.

He is not trying to teak me. He is a burg fan and alot of people have told him to quit putting up the cal preps stuff, yet he continues to do it.

it wouldn't be right if i didn't post that besides if it doesn't tweak you then why do you go off everytime i put it

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

gunit wrote:I was implying that if the ref's let Burg play physical then they will win. I do not blame them one bit for playing the style that they played Sunday against Piketon. If the ref's let em play that way then why not. The thing about the Burg is that they are good enough to play to many different styles.

The only thing I am hoping for is a good game!!!!

Ok, just making sure you weren't trying to get a shot in. That style they were playing on Sat. was deep playoff style, hard and physical. Good luck to Huntington. Go Burg!

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

The further you go in the tournament, the more physical play is allowed. Unfortunately for Huntington, Wheelersburg is much more physical and much stronger. I think everybody has stated the obvious, Huntington has to keep Wheelersburg off the offensive glass. Another important stat I think is going to be Huntington's shooting percentage, they are not going to be able to keep shooting until they make one against the Burg. The last important thing I think for Huntington will be to have either one person besides the Kelloughs to score about 10-15 points, or have a couple players contribute for the 10-15 total. If either one of the Kellough's have an "off-night", it could be lights out early for the Green and White.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

I've been told the brothers for HR are very good and they impressed me slightly the only time I saw them play but I'm taking the Burg 64-49

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WB 62-49

sportsnut614
Waterboy

Post by sportsnut614 »

Sorry about the numbers being wrong on Miller 7 or 11, this all state playa was held down. What is he doing now? Just curious.

brutally honest
Varsity

He went to Eastern Carolina on a scholarship but was kicked off of the team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

brutally honest wrote:He went to Eastern Carolina on a scholarship but was kicked off of the team.

It was Western Carolina :122249

brutally honest
Varsity

Oh, sorry about that lol. I knew I was in the neck of the woods.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg by 20+. Their lockdown defense is probably going to get them back to State. Amazing how Barrick can win with whatever type of team he has. Last year their offense was downright scary. This year it's nothing special but it doesn't have to be when you're only giving up 35-40pts/game. Good luck Pirates.*

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Coach Barrick is a terrific coach. As good as there is in southeastern and southern Ohio.

Return to “Boys Basketball”