Boys Regional Semi Finals: Chillicothe vs. Vinton County

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: Boys Regional Semi Finals: Chillicothe vs. Vinton County

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Best high school "team" shooting I have ever seen!
Cavs brought their A+ game and Vkes played their worst game of the season.
Bring it home Cavs

Great year Vikes

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

vchoops i was not trying to put down vc in any way...they are a great team compared to the teams theyve played...with that being said i do believe that their light schedule led to their inflated record which also led them to playing lower seeded teams in a mostly down region...they had a cakewalk to regionals and i think if they played logan elm they would have probably got beaten by 20...but they are still a good team dont get me wrong...either way congrats vc on a good season and a district title...

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

Captain Jack wrote:whsfan,
If VC is OK, what does that make Wellston? I know what I think they are, but what would you call them?

sophomores....in time they will be good...this was a rebuilding year....im not putting down vc im just not going to buy into them being one of the top teams in the state as some of you guys like to make them out to be...theyre ok

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

IF...............................................a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's butt when it jumps :aaaaa25 !!!!!!! Logan Elm DID NOT seed higher than VC, get over it!!!!!!!! 1 pt. or 47 pts., both teams are out by a loss....to a very good team. LE got Chilly on a below par night, VC got Chilly on one of their best nights. These boys are VERY talented, but they made shots that had to have "angels on the rims" gaurding the ball in! It was amazing! They did not shoot that good against LE even on open looks at the basket. Stop all the "boo hooing " and realize that BOTH teams got beat by Southeast Ohio's finest basketball team. IMO the 2008 State Champs.
Go Cavs!
And a "cakewalk to the regionals" would be to play Wellston.

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

well if they played wellston 3 times to get to regionals does that still make them a state contender? im just saying there are a lot of good d2 teams out there and vc played one of them....and lost by 47....it doesnt matter anyways because vc is in the same boat as wellston...theyre out of the tournament...it doesnt matter if they won 3 games or none both teams are out by a loss

but i do agree with you about chillicothe...they are a great team and will hopefully win state...but lets drop this both teams are out lets root for chilli to represent southeastern ohio at state next weekend

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

ok if you say so...

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

First time poster: I have followed VC over the past few years and have become an avid fan of the HS program. I went to the majority of the games this year as well as the past two. The young men should hold their heads high as they have accomplished alot over the past few seasons. I was amazed to see the difference of the play of Chillicothe vs VC compared to LE. I do not think there is a team out there that would have beat them on Thursday. Hats off to Chillicothe for an impressive display of teamwork. Don't ridicule these kids for their performances, just elevate them as they have a future in front of them. Congrats Vikes, I am very impressed with the program here and enjoyed taking my kids to the games.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

skidaddy wrote:First time poster: I have followed VC over the past few years and have become an avid fan of the HS program. I went to the majority of the games this year as well as the past two. The young men should hold their heads high as they have accomplished alot over the past few seasons. I was amazed to see the difference of the play of Chillicothe vs VC compared to LE. I do not think there is a team out there that would have beat them on Thursday. Hats off to Chillicothe for an impressive display of teamwork. Don't ridicule these kids for their performances, just elevate them as they have a future in front of them. Congrats Vikes, I am very impressed with the program here and enjoyed taking my kids to the games.

skidaddy,

Welcome aboard to a wonderful site. Excellent post, and your last comment summed it up. "Enjoyed taking my kids to the games". My kids love it "win or lose" and when you have kids playing hard and and exiciting atmosphere, you can't ask for anything better. I will continue to say VC is a strong program and will continue to be so. Once you build a winner and the community stays behind it, the kids step up. The Cavs look forward to hopefully playing in more districts and/or regionals versus VC.

GO CAVS!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!! 4 DOWN!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Nice post skidaddy. I would just like to add that I am very close to the Chillicothe program and I too would like to congratulate Coach Combs & the boys from Vinton County. VC ran into a Chillicothe team that was on a mission last night. Chilly responded from their lack of play in the district final game and pretty much took it out on VC all night long. It seems like certain coaches & programs in the southeast get a lot of credit w/o winning a district title. These two teams DID win the district title and Chillicothe will try to win a regional title this sunday.

VC: You should be proud of your accomplishments and keep up the good work.

Chillicothe: Now lets go out and win a regional title with a chance to win it all.

Go Cavs!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

hawkeyepierce,

I have awoken and posted on that other site concerning something that seemed out of line for you to state. Feel free to PM me if you have some big issue where one can "insert their own adjective" or the comment about all talent Home Grown. I thought these threads were pretty respectful this week, and I was a bit surprised by reading your comments. I feel "most" Cavs fans have been complimentary before and after the game, so I am lost as the the despair in your post. I am not sure I can cc: it over here, but I am sure you can speak to it through a PM or out here on the site.

GO CAVS!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!! 4 DOWN!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

^^^^^^ i agree, those comments were totally uncalled for.

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

My goodness.... When a game's over why can't people let it go. Just got done reading the other site and read the post that Hitchbone was referencing. Both teams were praised by fans from both sites and there's always someone that has to pout and complain about the opposing team. Get a life and keep it off the boards. Attacking kids... Really manly...... Oh yeah... Real _______________ ( insert adjective here)

bit...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Look, I DID NOT say anything that was out of line. I DID NOT attack any kids. I have been watching high school basketball for the last 30 plus years and the last several on the AAU and OYB circuit. I have seen many of very talented players in my life, a list I had shared after the Chillicothe/Dunbar game. And I included Anthony Hitchens on that list. I know Hitchens is very nice kid and is very likable in person. However, his on-court persona needs work and that is just my opinion, that I am sure that is shared with others. And that is why I said it "...it is hard to root for Chillicothe sometimes."

And I CAN NOT be the only one who thinks this way.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Look, I DID NOT say anything that was out of line. I DID NOT attack any kids. I have been watching high school basketball for the last 30 plus years and the last several on the AAU and OYB circuit. I have seen many of very talented players in my life, a list I had shared after the Chillicothe/Dunbar game. And I included Anthony Hitchens on that list. I know Hitchens is very nice kid and is very likable in person. However, his on-court persona needs work and that is just my opinion, that I am sure that is shared with others. And that is why I said it "...it is hard to root for Chillicothe sometimes."

And I CAN NOT be the only one who thinks this way.

hawk,

You have a PM

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

This is what happens when you see a kid with an urban game play against a team in a rural area. If hump plays in Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus City league, etc you dont hear anything about his "on court persona". But he cant even pump his fist without someone throwin a fit on here. so you know what...EVERYONE QUIT CRYING. he's the target everyone loves to throw stones at when him and Chilli just beat their beloved team. and it makes him stronger, more determined, and motivates him to keep sending people home upset at the result of the game. If half the teams we played this year had one or two kids with his inner make-up they'd be in alot better shape. I hope he comes out and high steps up and down the court all night next time so atleast the banter after the game will be deserved.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dshanton, that is a very astute observation. And I personally have no problem with a fist pump or two, three fist pumps.

Hitch, I wrote you back.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hopefully you two have talked through this.

It was atypical for you hawk, no it wasn't horrible, but a lot could be read into itfor sure!

Would you have posted that had you won?

I know what you meant, but it's hard to read it and think well of Hump Hitchens. You are well thought of on here and many will believe what you say. The kid....KID scored 21 points in a quarter...in a quarter vs a 22-1 team in the regionals. I've never witness a player score 21 in a high school quarter in my hundreds of witnessed games....and one of the few things you bring up is his needed adjetives? That one negative jumped out in your post like you wouldn't believe. I can't imagine you guys winning by 40+ in a regional and the losing huddler throwing that statement out and you not defending or attacking back yourself.

And it doesn't matter how long you have watched basketball or if others feel the same way . It is still a kid.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Thanks, I92. You may be right. Maybe it was a knee-jerked reaction. Was I upset we lost, yes. Was I upset with the way it was done, yes. If we would have won, no I probably don't mention it. I would be too busy boasting about the Vikings for obviously the greatest victory in Vikings' history. But one thing I know for sure, I wasn't "attacking" a kid. Never have and never will. If I would have, maybe I would have inserted my own adjective.

Return to “Boys Basketball”