3/9 3:30 @ Columbus: Oak Hill vs. Worthington Christian

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

Eagle82
All Conference

Re: 3/9 3:30 @ Columbus: Oak Hill vs. Worthington Christian

Post by Eagle82 »

Did the teams up North have any Seniors?

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

I also believe that next year is the Oaks year
Congrats to the Oaks on a great run

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

congrats to the oaks on a great season

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

Good season Oaks, I must admit I am surprised by this result. I am just glad oak beat HP, good season guys.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great season Oaks.

Worthington Christian was as advertised. Completely solid..all-around. Defense, rebounding and yes....they took great shots and made them.

From the 7:45 mark of the 2nd until about the 6:00 of the 3rd they hit 9 3's...out of 11 I think. The problem was that only 2 or 3 of those had a hand in the face. I don't know how many were from the corner...but it didn't seem real.

Oak Hill didn't have as many wide open shots and Borden struggled shooting. (looked like he was shooting with a higher release and that he was thinking about it???)

Anyways, the better team won and it's impressive what the Oaks return and seeing how much Westin Hale improved, how big Cody Cannon can play and knowing little bro Drew will likely grow even more.....mixed with Ondera (who will likely improve his shot like he did over this past summer), Hale, Borden and Slone (who may have a couple more in him)...this team could be scary good....and should be deep enough to man the other teams more.

And I will take a cookie for which team would be tougher to beat between HP and WC.

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

[/bThanks Oaks for the great season. For many years I had lost interest in the boy's games, but your teams have brought me back. I can't wait for next years tip-off. [b]Thanks Coach Persin and all you Oaks. We'll never forget this season regardless of future successes. And wasn't it great to see so much of Jackson County at the game? AWESOME.

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

congrats oaks.....hope to see ya there next year and maybe go to the big game!!!!!!!

I have to say though, i have never seen a team shoot as well as wc did. I am not saying this is the reason for the loss by any means so dont think that but you know that there was only 4 fouls called against wc the whole game and oakhill only shot 2 free ones!!!! thats crazy dont ya think!!!!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

nice season oaks
hope you get back next year!!
elite eight is awesome

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats on a AWESOME season!!

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

in_sane wrote:congrats oaks.....hope to see ya there next year and maybe go to the big game!!!!!!!

I have to say though, i have never seen a team shoot as well as wc did. I am not saying this is the reason for the loss by any means so dont think that but you know that there was only 4 fouls called against wc the whole game and oakhill only shot 2 free ones!!!! thats crazy dont ya think!!!!

I really doubt that fouls were the reason for the loss.

But I do know what you are talking about, it looked like on one shot, one of WC'ss players hands went straight through the basket, and no goaltending call.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Would having the Love kid made a difference in this game??? :aaaaa16

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

like i said, i am not blaming the game on the refs. the team that one was the better team. thats all there is to it.... i think i do know what you are talkin about when you saw goaltending.....oh well....its over

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Great season OAKS! Work hard in the off season, and you'll be right back there next year....hopefully going to state! GO OAKS!

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Love would have made no difference in this game!!!! Because if we had Love we would not have gotten past Harvest Prep!!!!!
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking he is such a great player, before he left the team his FG% was 32.8% and 3pt was 26.8% and averaged 4 TO's a game that's not real eye-popping stats.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Oaks on a great season.......both boys and girls made it to the Elite 8......something that not very many schools can say.

I felt going into the game that Oak Hill had to tightly defend the 3 pointer, and they didn't......I believe that WC is the best outside shooting team I have seen all year.....and that includes almost 50 teams, all divisions.

The Oaks are LOADED for next season.......probably the favorite to win the SOC II, and will most likely make a serious run at the state......this experience will only help OH and make them hungrier for that state berth.

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Love is not a part of the taeam anymore so what is the purpose for bashing the kid. Nobody knows what the team would have done if he stayed so dont assume. he is a good kid and he will be playing ball somewhere else next season. Therefore he is not Oak Hill's to worry about. The Oaks had a great run and lets not spoil that by getting back into the negative aspects and jumping all over the past. Best of luck in the upcoming season. :!: :!: :!: :!:

Windex
Waterboy

Post by Windex »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Love would have made no difference in this game!!!! Because if we had Love we would not have gotten past Harvest Prep!!!!!
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking he is such a great player, before he left the team his FG% was 32.8% and 3pt was 26.8% and averaged 4 TO's a game that's not real eye-popping stats.

Love would have caused you to lose huh? Kinda like Oak Hill beat Northwest with Love and they come up to Oak Hill and you lose hmmm also lose to Burg without Love.. :roll: :?:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Great season Oak Hill. Wow, both boys and girls programs make it to the Elite 8. That says alot about the kids, coaches, and community.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Ok just because Love left and the Oaks lost to NW and Burg doesnt mean he was a big factor. In my opion Love is a great ball player but tries too hard to be the All-Star. He needs to play with his team, thats what makes a true ball player. Burg is always a tough team to beat, especially at their house! Oak Hill played a good game against them and just couldn't pull it off. NW is a decent team and Oak Hill just played a terrible against them. Love is not a factor of Oak Hill basketball. I'm looking forward to seeing how far Love makes it in NC.

GO OAKS!!!!

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

its really crazy that you people are still talking about Love. Its over....Get over it...... Just worry about the team you have now and the season that there going to have next year...not the season that they had early this past year!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”