Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

There is my thoughts :!: :-D

Army :-D

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: State Finals Chillicothe vs. Libby

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:How's Japan, Army?

Have you tried the Kobe beef yet?

Is that where Kobe Bryants been hiding? lol

Good luck to the Cavs!!! Bring that state title back to Chilli!!!!!!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

After watching both these teams today ,and I have only seen Libbey today . Libbey doesn't seem to shoot very well from the perimeter. They hit the boards and abused Grahm on the baseline . I'm sure Gary will not play zone , but I hope he mixes it in . I really feel w/ the same effort our Cavs will win this game assuming we stay out of foul trouble.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

has the cavs ever won or been to the state finals

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Mad_Dogg wrote:has the cavs ever won or been to the state finals

That is a negative....... :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

my daughter is in Japan, she said she loves the food over there.

good luck to the CAVS

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

good luck to the cavs. your going to need it.

Libby in my opinion is a better team than the one you just beat in the semi-finals

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO CAVS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

It'll be a great game. Good luck to the Cavaliers!

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Cavs Defense and hustle will take this one in a close one. Libby has a lot of talent, but i do not think they use it, if you play good defense against them you can flustrate them, and turn them into a jump shot only team. I think the Cavs want this more, and even though most people will pick libby to win, i think the Cavs will prevail, and bring home what no other Chillicothe team has ever down, which is the state championship!! Go Cavs, Only 32 minutes away from winning something will never ever be able to take away no matter where you go in life.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

good luck cavs from logan.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

Good luck to the Cavaliers from a person who has ridden you off for a while now. Congratulations on making it this far and keep it going!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This was my preseason State Championship matchup and I picked Libbey then and I'm not going to back away from that now. I think that Chillicothe has an outstanding chance to win the game though and I hope that they do pull it out. Chambers won't be able to dominate on Saturday and must play smart once he gets bodied up.

Look for Julius Wells to have a big game for Libbey. Only 4 points today, but he can go off if he gets some early. The Cavs need to cut down on the turnovers, but keep up that defense and they can definetly win.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

danicalifornia wrote:This was my preseason State Championship matchup and I picked Libbey then and I'm not going to back away from that now. I think that Chillicothe has an outstanding chance to win the game though and I hope that they do pull it out. Chambers won't be able to dominate on Saturday and must play smart once he gets bodied up.

Look for Julius Wells to have a big game for Libbey. Only 4 points today, but he can go off if he gets some early. The Cavs need to cut down on the turnovers, but keep up that defense and they can definetly win.

Why don't you think that Chambers may not dominate? I don't recall any players on Libbey as long as Chambers. His wing span makes him tough to defend once he gets the ball on the block. Paris Graham didn't have a whole lot of size and I think they hung right with Libbey on the boards and I think Chilli hits the boards well, so therefore they should be able to hang with Libbey there. Chilli defeinetly won't have any trouble with a press because I thought the press Poland threw at them today was a dandy and they consistently broke that and turned it into easy layups.

Like someone said above aslong as the zebra's don't try to make a name for themselves and make the game about them, Chilli can win this game. Libbey has the big time player in Buford, who just happens to be going to Ohio State and about him, I thought he would just dominate that game today and he never really did. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but I guess I was expecting alot more out of him.

Good luck Chilli from this Pirate fan. Make Southeastern Ohio proud.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Fido,

Not yet. We are all going out next Wednesday to get a steak. I'll tell you then. A bunch of us are also going to a sushi bar on Monday. :shock: :-D

The country is beautiful. I will be here for the Cherry Blossom Festival Season. I am loving the duty over here.

GO CAVS....from Japan refuse to lose :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Cavs. Bring the state home to Southeastern Ohio.

GO CAVS!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

F 34 Julius Wells, 6-6, Sr., 11.7 ppg
F 30 Lance Jones, 6-5, Sr., 5.6 ppg
G 44 William Buford, 6-5, Sr., 22.6 ppg
G 32 Brad Sandridge, 6-3, Sr., 11.3 ppg
G 24 Tony Brown, 6-3, Sr., 8.4 ppg

yabba- 6'6 and 6'5 inside are two big reasons why I don't think Chambers will be able to dominate. Wells is just as athletic as Ray and probably stronger. Jones is definetly stronger and I will guess he'll have the assignment. BTW, Libbey beat Chillicothe at OSU 73-56 last season, Libbey lost 0 starters.

I just don't see many favorable matchups for Chillicothe in this game. Humpty vs. Sandridge should be fun to watch and I'll give the edge to Humpty, but honestly, not by that much. Sandridge is a very good guard though.

The CHS guards need to keep Libbey from penetrating and need to avoid any touch fouls. One big thing that could help Chillicothe, is that Buford will be VERY aggresive everywhere and picks up fouls easily.

Once again, I hope Chillicothe can get the win and I'll be there rooting for them, but I just think Libbey will be too much. Hopefully, they prove me wrong, either way, I think it'll be an outstanding game, with neither team having a big advantage over each other. I'll say, Libbey wins, 67-61, hopefully I'm wrong though.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

One thing is for sure, this game will be hot and tight. I just hope the Cavs can pull it out.

The MAin Man
Waterboy

Post by The MAin Man »

the Portsmouth trojans played libby in a scrimmage
libby had some talented players but bufford did not play
the have some guys that can jump and that can really get to the basket.
I have libby winning this by at least 5
but good luck to the Cavs.

Return to “Boys Basketball”