State Finals Chillicothe vs. Libby

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: State Finals Chillicothe vs. Libby

Post by biggdowgg »

hithens drives..give sit up to chambers GOOOOODD!!! CHILLY WINS!!!!!

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

GO CAVS!!!!!!! Awesome finish!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

What a game!!!! Way to go Chilly!!!!!! STATE CHAMPS...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I knew they could do it 8)

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

Congrats to the Cavs. We would have been proud either way, but great win today.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

CONGRADS TO THE CAVS 8) WAY TO BRING IT HOME :shock: :-D :!:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

WOW - WOW - WOW - WHAT A GAME - WHAT A FINISH
CONGRATS ON A SUPER GAME TO THE CHILLICOTHE CAVALIERS - DIV II STATE CHAMPS

Do you know how much it hurts my right arm to CLAP? Never mind - I did a whole lot of THAT in the last few minutes! WAY TO GO CHILLICOTHE CAVALIERS
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cag,,,you should just do this.... :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :mrgreen:

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

What a game C. knights played. Beverly, Knights, Dawes can be called role players, but Wow, what role players they are. Great game Chillicothe!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Army wrote:From Japan.....man I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to come back down to the main lobby at the BOQ here at Atsugi NAF, Japan and look at the web site. It's 1:49 AM Sunday morning here in Japan. Way to go CAVS.....Way to go Ray. You all played with heart and it showed. The only thing you have to say now for all those that doubted you and cast you aside is, in a humble way....yes we lost in OT to a very good Brookhaven D1 School at home, and yes we messed up the SEOAL day of Champions game at home against an outstanding D1 former C.O.L foe and present SEOAL foe, those Zanesville Blue Devils, but dog gone it, we are State Champions :!: :-D

How about them apples....way to bring it to ray, humpty :!: :-D

Go CAVS................. :!: :-D

You did it fellows you did it :!: :-D

God Bless you guys :!: :-D

What a thrill for the Great City of Chillicothe and SE-Ohio :!: :-D

Go SEOAL :!: :-D

I believe you all are the first SEOAL School to win a State Title in Basketball under the new guidelines. Portsmouth Trojans did back in the 20's when they were in the SEOAL the first time, I think anyhow....but that was under a different system. Trojan Dave can highlight on that one.

Again way to go CAVS you believed in each other and hung in there :!: :-D

Respectfully Army :!: :-D

Chillicothe Cavaliers (SEOAL) D2 Boys 2007-2008 Season State of Ohio Champions in Basketball :!: :-D

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Best Boys basketball game I have ever seen! CONGRATS CHILLICOTHE! I'm so happy for you! Army,Did you get to watch the semi's and finals on line?

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I didn't notice it so much on the play-by-play, but on the recaps and highlights - it just about killed those STO guys when Chillcothe beat Toledo Libby and when Garaway beat VASJ, didn't it?
CONGRATS CHILLI - AND NOW - GO GARAWAY

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Cavs!!!! Way to represent southeastern Ohio!!!!

I can't wait to watch the game. I recorded it so I could watch it since I worked last night and slept all day today.

vc chica 02
Waterboy

Post by vc chica 02 »

Congrats from Vinton County! Nice to see that a southeastern ahia team can compete with the rest of the state!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

caglewis wrote:I didn't notice it so much on the play-by-play, but on the recaps and highlights - it just about killed those STO guys when Chillcothe beat Toledo Libby and when Garaway beat VASJ, didn't it?
CONGRATS CHILLI - AND NOW - GO GARAWAY

The studio guys were in Cleveland,so enough said there. You cant change the scoreboard no matter what.(70-69)That score is permanent and will be remembered forever.What those announcers said will be forgotten tomorrow if not already.
Last edited by Black Panther on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Captain Jack wrote:A wise man once said, "You gots to guard somebody!" Toledo Libbey failed to do that during the final 5.1 seconds and the Cavs made them pay.

They did guard Hitchens.He is just too FAST! The rest of the team failed to guard someone,mainly Chambers.How do they leave him wide open under the hoop? I'm sure Chambers said THANK YOU very much! If he didn't, I will.THANK YOU!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Black Panther wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:A wise man once said, "You gots to guard somebody!" Toledo Libbey failed to do that during the final 5.1 seconds and the Cavs made them pay.

They did guard Hitchens.He is just too FAST! The rest of the team failed to guard someone,mainly Chambers.How do they leave him wide open under the hoop? I'm sure Chambers said THANK YOU very much! If he didn't, I will.THANK YOU!

Not only did they guard him, they attempted to double team him. He would not be denied. That goes back to years of working on press breakers, busting your butt to get open and then doing it again. Then when you add the heart of champions that these Cavs have, nothing was going to stop them.

History made in 5 seconds. Not very many across the state could have pulled off that length of the floor drive.

GO CAVS!!! 7 DOWN!!! STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

sheetsie
Waterboy

Post by sheetsie »

Congrads to Chilly and way to Represent Southern Ohio. Hitchins is amazing he was not greedy at all on the last play, in giving the ball up to Chambers to let him finish a great game. It was the best game i have seen all year.

Chilly; Div II State CHAMPIONS

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The only thing I would've changed about this game, was to have Ray hammer that home at the buzzer, BUT it was still a fantastic finish and game.

I was pretty much on with my assessment, other than Ray did do a little bit more than I expected, but Wells had a very nice game(including 2 CLUTCH) FT's.

I don't care what you say about Humpty and a couple of the shots he took, he was putting his team on his back and made some HUGE shots and a beautiful pass to win the state title.

William Buford needed to be more selfish, IMO, but still had 29 pts, 6 rebs, and 5 assts. He's going to a good one at OSU next season, but I would like to see Humpty by his side running the show. Wherever Chambers, Sandridge, and Wells end up, those schools are getting some outstanding players and from the looks of it, young men. The Brown kid from Libbey had a couple of real nice dunks and made a gigantic shot to force OT.

These were easily the two best teams in Ohio and I would definetly gladly pay to watch them play again. What a show!

Congrats once again to Chillicothe on the hard fought victory and 1st State Boys Basketball title in Ross County history!

Return to “Boys Basketball”