Congrats to Chillicothe DIV II STATE CHAMPS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Congrats to Chillicothe DIV II STATE CHAMPS!!!

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bronc21 wrote:Hitch , you missed the celebration at the Hat? 12 police cruisers, state highway patrol, dare car, every firetruck in town. sirens blaring and tons of people lining the streets and school...actually brought tears to this old guys eyes....glad my dad and kids got to witness this championship.

bronc,

I made a tough decision this afternoon. Mrs. Hitchbones sister lives in Dublin and she wanted to see her 2 year old nephew who was in town from inronically Toledo. We made the pit stop. Needless to say, I got home after 5:00. Hopefully, that keeps me out of the doghouse.

My hope is we will put together one more community celebration in the next few days. Give the kids a chance to rest up and then practice on their speeches (lol).

I told many today that the kids not only won it for themselves, but for everyone in teh community and for all those teams back to the 30's that tried and did not succeed. I spoke with Chris Givens and told him, he was a part of this. He and everyone that graced the hardwoods at Chillicothe High and who supported the program over all these years. It is great to see the young kids and Seniors alike see History be made. I was reading the State Program and realized that next year, we will most likely be on the cover and each year it is published, everyone will see 2008 D2 State Champions Chillicothe High School, Chillicothe OH

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPIONS!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Great came by the Cavs

CONGRATS

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I watched every second on STO and was yelling, jumping screaming like the world's biggest idiot on some of those big calls going against Chilly.

With 5.1 seconds left I told the whole family who was waiting to go to the Outlet Malls that Hitchens would get it done in that time.....and he did and I jumped up just like I have on my all-time favorite sports viewings on tv. That was an awesome and appropriate ending.

Congrats to all of Chilly and especially to hitchbone64.

I was at the Chilly Red Lobster just after 4:00 pm and coming out of the boy's room I saw numerous fire trucks, police sirens and a large bus...those outside of the Lobster were clapping and I enjoyed seeing that.....would've loved to been at the Schott.

I will be an Akron Zips for the next 4 years.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

hitch, the mayor said they were gonna plan a parade and expect a bigger community celebration later this week at the Hat. congrats to humpty on becoming the all-time leading scorer in ross county and ray chambers on picking up his 1000th point today.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Congrats to Chillicothe.....nice to see a team South of I-70 win one.

Ohio U. now has an extra scholly and they'll probably offer it to Chambers.

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

CONGRATULATIONS CAVS FROM UNIOTO!!!!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Congrats to Chilly on great season!

hollandkat3
Waterboy

Post by hollandkat3 »

That was an awesome clutch performance in the waning seconds, especially on the heels of that "charge" against Hitchens that swayed the momentum BIG TIME to Libbey.

One of the best games I've ever watched. Congrats Chillicothe!!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Doc Panther wrote:Congrats to Chillicothe.....nice to see a team South of I-70 win one.

Ohio U. now has an extra scholly and they'll probably offer it to Chambers.

I'm shocked somebody hasn't already offered him.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Congratulations to the Cavaliers from Roundtown and all of Pickaway County. Saw a lot of Pickaway folks rooting for Chillicothe today. When the Cavaliers were down 16, I wrote them off but when they cranked up the defense, boy the points came in a hurry. Humpty is just a special player (can we make a trade involving PJ Hill with Akron) and Sugar Ray got a little sugar on the roll into the hoop at the end. Stu Beverly also had a fine game I thought and Seth Dawes was battling in there for rebounds and points. Beverly had a couple of big baskets in that third quarter comeback. His steal and basket really lit a fire under the Cavaliers.

Again congratulations on bringing a D2 state championship back to Chillicothe, Ross County and all of the Southeast. Hopefully the city honors the team with a big parade and pep rally.
Last edited by bman618 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Please tell me Ohio at least tried to land Humpty also? They've let some good players from our area get away. No wonder interest in OU basketball isn't that great. The crowd they had for the district finals on the D2 night was more I was told was more than most if not all OU home games.

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Could you imagine Mullens, kufos, buford, being set up by hitchens, Gosh i wish ohio state got him, Pj Hill next year? come on.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i am very well pleased that teams in seo. has the work ethic ,and will to win a state championship . a well desrved win with a great opponent also. you have shown there is more to reach for than an seoal crown. outstanding job

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Most exciting high school game I have ever seen! Great job by STO. I am glad I switched to TWC from Directv to watch this game. WOW. Down 16 and come back to win in that fashion. Hats off to the Chilli squad. ALL OF YOU contributed to this title run! Cudos to Chambers ALMOST missed and VERY OPEN shot at the end and Hitchens drive to get him the ball. I havent recovered yet! GO SEAOL! GO CHILLI!

WOW!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Hearty congrats from this Mum, way to go Chili!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

norm doesnt play for league titles he plays for regionals districs and state births. oak hill got a steal. players gotta play BUT NORM CHANGED WITH TIME :idea:

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Way to go Cavs!!!! That was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. I watched it from start to finish and you boys really left it all on the court. I must admit that I almost wrote you off when you were down 16 but you fought back and that last second kiss off the glass was amazing. Please tell me that these guys are getting some serious offers, cause it would be a shame if they weren't. Besides, I wasn't all that impressed with "Mr. Basketball", especially after his classless move at the medal presentation, but that's another discussion. Congats again Cavs, you deserve it!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

demaniac1 wrote:Most exciting high school game I have ever seen! Great job by STO. I am glad I switched to TWC from Directv to watch this game. WOW. Down 16 and come back to win in that fashion. Hats off to the Chilli squad. ALL OF YOU contributed to this title run! Cudos to Chambers ALMOST missed and VERY OPEN shot at the end and Hitchens drive to get him the ball. I havent recovered yet! GO SEAOL! GO CHILLI!

WOW!

There was no need to switch to TWC.STO is on Direct tv.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

bman618 wrote:Please tell me Ohio at least tried to land Humpty also? They've let some good players from our area get away. No wonder interest in OU basketball isn't that great. The crowd they had for the district finals on the D2 night was more I was told was more than most if not all OU home games.

Yes they did.

So is it's Ohio's fault that he went to Akron? Some would probably say so considering the sucky support Ohio has in SE Ohio.

Word is that they may offer Nerk's Avery after his 33 point and 11 rebound and 3 assist championship performance last night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”