Congrats to Chillicothe DIV II STATE CHAMPS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Congrats to Chillicothe DIV II STATE CHAMPS!!!

Post by Black Panther »

Doc Panther wrote:
bman618 wrote:Please tell me Ohio at least tried to land Humpty also? They've let some good players from our area get away. No wonder interest in OU basketball isn't that great. The crowd they had for the district finals on the D2 night was more I was told was more than most if not all OU home games.

Yes they did.

So is it's Ohio's fault that he went to Akron? Some would probably say so considering the sucky support Ohio has in SE Ohio.

Word is that they may offer Nerk's Avery after his 33 point and 11 rebound and 3 assist championship performance last night.
Who has offered Chambers so far?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Just inquiring if they did. There have been some players from around here they have let get away without offering. If they offered, that's all they can do.

Be nice to see them offer both if they have the room. Avery and Chambers could play in the MAC.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bman618 wrote:Just inquiring if they did. There have been some players from around here they have let get away without offering. If they offered, that's all they can do.

Be nice to see them offer both if they have the room. Avery and Chambers could play in the MAC.

Has Ohio offered Chambers or are you speculating they might?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Speculating.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bman618 wrote:Speculating.

Wow! So your point is validated then.If they would land him they would increase Chilly fan interest at least.I'm not an Ohio fan,but I do agree getting local talent when available would spur added interest for a local program.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Black Panther wrote:
bman618 wrote:Speculating.

Wow! So your point is validated then.If they would land him they would increase Chilly fan interest at least.I'm not an Ohio fan,but I do agree getting local talent when available would spur added interest for a local program.

They offered Givens...he went to Miami.

They offered Hitchins.....he went to Akron.

Maybe they won't offer Chambers because everybody in Chilly is going somewhere else?

Just kiddin....Chambers is really from Cincinnati and his dad is an Ohio grad....sounds like I made that up but it's true.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Congratulations chillicothe from Ironton. Great win for a deserving team

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I have only seen one crappy youtube video of the shot...Anybody know where I can find it?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Congrats to Chillicothe DIV II STATE CHAMPS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Thanks to all your your support! The community and our surrounding county friends have risen to another level. We all have good natured banner on here and at times it gets intense, but in the end, we are all about the Kids.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE ChAMPS!!!

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I know Ohio University,West Virginia,West Virginia State and some other schools was talking to Ray.I say with his performance in the State Tourney his stock will rise and other major schools will take interest in Ray.I told sweet Ray,that West Virginia would be a great fit for him playing in the Big East conference.Then again the question is how far do you wanna be away from Family and Friends??

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Chillicothe! I didn't get to see the game, but I heard that it was amazing. Good luck to the Chillicothe seniors that will be moving on as well. As a fan of the SEOAL, I couldn't be happier for the Cavs!

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

On behalf of the football staff, WAY TO GO GUYS! You made your community proud. I have to say I've never seen a team live up to it's motto as you guys have. "Refuse to Lose" You are the very definition of a team that did not give up.

SPARKY-I think Ray went to Aiken.

On the Chambers and Hitchens recruiting talk. Anyone closer to the program than I am correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ray's top-choice as of Sat morning at 10:45 was Wright State. I'm sure he'll have some more schools in the mix.If not, then I'm more ignorant to the game of basketball than I previously thought. Imagine him in college weight program.WOW!
I was thinking to myself about Humpty giving a verbal to Akron(I don't believe NLI day for B-ball has passed yet) I bet the coaches from Akron are a nervous wreck. Verbals are as good as the paper they're written on.lol NLI day can't possibly seem farther away for them. I figured they'd be at the reception to help Humpty off the bus.lol i've been in that situation before in a different sport of course, but as a coach you can only hope the kid sticks to his word. But, who could blame him if a bigger school stepped in after his post-season performance?
I just hope both of them have kept their grades in line and do well on the ACT's. It'd be a shame to see academics end a bright career prematurely, although it happens all the time. But, if so, you always have Jr College.
Good luck to the entire SR class. On a team that deep, I'm sure a couple of those guys that were role players could play at D-3 schools.
Once again, Congrats! Now , lets carry this excitement on to the baseball and football teams! It's a good time to be a CAV!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Great support SE-Ohio :!: :-D

Hitchbone is so right in the end, it's about the kids. Chillicothe this year, just like South Webster did a few years ago showed the State that Southeastern Ohio does have talent down here too. :-D

Way to go Cavaliers :!: :-D

State Champions :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RH@OU
Waterboy

Post by RH@OU »

Great job. Congrats!

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Fightingtigers45, I have the final 5.1 seconds on video with Humpty coming right at the Chilly crowd, and Ray laying it in!!! Mrs. Lamont is out of town for work, but as soon as she gets back I will have her put it up on Youtube. You won't find a less computer/technology "savvy" bumpkin than me, so I need her help on this one. Will forwarn all of you... it is total madness/chaos, including Lamont busting his backside while trudging down through the students afterwards, video still rolling!!! I think the Dispatch article may have said it best, when that ball goes through the net, it is like a "sonic boom" hits the Schott. Give me 'til the end of the week guys... it's worth the wait!!! Go Cavs!!!

hollandkat3
Waterboy

Post by hollandkat3 »

Neat article in Columbus Dispatch today about the game.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/pr ... ml?sid=101

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Congrats to the Cavs!!! Glad me & the youngin got to watch you all in Ironton this year exactly 2 months before the State Title.

Way to go CAVS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Kyle Nagel wrote a nice article on the game in todays Dayton Daily News also. And they have two pictures in their photo galllery on the game that says it all... one of the ball bouncing on the rim, the second immediately after it goes through the hoop, both with the Chilly students in the background, amazing photos!!! Go Cavs!!!

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Way to go Cavs! All the way from the Burg, we were shouting "Go in, go in, go in!" when that last shot ALMOST rolled out.

Whew! Not bad at all! Enjoy your victory.

Return to “Boys Basketball”