2/17/12 Chillicothe @ Warren

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: 2/17/12 Chillicothe @ Warren

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

That was a great high school basketball game by two very evenly matched teams. Both teams played their hearts out. Both teams forced numerous turnovers with their pressure defense. London was a force inside but Knost and Winland were just as strong inside on D for Warren. This game will prepare both teams for a run in the tourney. Chilli will bear down and focus and Warren got over a huge mental hurdle.

Just want to say great game to Jeremy Hastie who had to be high point man for WHS. Also, Austin Henthorn's bank from the deep wing was intentional...he practices that shot...AWESOME.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Man, I need an aspirin after that game, back and forth just like I figured. Great game by both teams and getting ready to get into tourny play, I see another game between these two at the Convo maybe, if it happens all I can say is buckle up and hold on cause round 3 could be even better than tonight.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Great game by both teams, Malik is a great player to watch. 32: we will never join your bandwagon!

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

bronc21 wrote:Cavs lose 50 - 48 at the homerdome

Officials are assigned. These same officials will be seen at convo and late in the tourney.
Please come up with a better excuse. How about give credit where it is deserved.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

What a game at Warren tonight. It had all the makings of the last years battles. Warren pulled it off down the streach and won 50 to 48. Two very good team that play hard and great defense. The Cavs had the ball last with 4.5 secs. at half court, tried a lob to London at the left block but he missed handled the ball and the Warriors got it. Game Over!!!!

The effort by the players and both coaches was outstanding. A great game to watch. Another opportunity to see a rematch would be the worth price with more on the line.

Team stats: Warren
20-54 from the field 37%
5-23 3s 22%
5-5 foul shots 100%
28 total rebounds 11 off. ( HUGE)
16 turnovers
2 Blocked shots

Chilli stats:
21-48 from the field 44%
1-8 3s 13%
5-9 foul shots 56%
22 total rebounds 8 off.
18 turnovers
6 blocked shots

The Warren JVS won 63 to 49. What a battle that was!!!

GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EasternDscout
Riding the Bench

Post by EasternDscout »

Excoach78, what was the ref saying to you when he stopped the game??

Warrenhs
Waterboy

Post by Warrenhs »

Reece and Jace did a great job on Malik tonight. Not quite sure why Johnson was the one inbounding the ball with 4 sec left, but I'm not the coach. Great win for the Warriors

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 great TEAMS going at it in the last week of the season ... a 50-48 final - THAT is what high school hoops is ALL ABOUT ... Congratulations to Coach Maddox & the Warriors/as well as the Warrior JV's of Coach Duckworth ... when you can off set the likes of 6-8 D1 post man - Malik London AND win the game ... says something about your TEAMS potential in the post season ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

ohiobaseball25 wrote:Great game by both teams, Malik is a great player to watch. 32: we will never join your bandwagon!

Yeah... probably better you dont join in. The three of you looked kinda scared huddled together in the Chili section. The humane society will appreciate your money! Now I see why you talk basketball and play baseball. I will keep in touch. GO BLUE!!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This was a nerve-racking game which saw the lead go back and forth several times. I wondered if Windland was allowed to shoot from 3 point range, since he had alot of open looks from there, but didn't shoot. Coach must have said no to that. This was a very fast game with hardly any fouls by either side, and the shooting was off a bit for Warren and Chilli. No points were scored with 1:31 left on the clock at the end. That was unusual. The score then was 50-48 and that is how it ended.

Hey, it was nice to finally meet you, 32-16-6. I know what candy bar you like. See you at the next game.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

32, 16, 6 wrote:

Yeah... probably better you dont join in. The three of you looked kinda scared huddled together in the Chili section. The humane society will appreciate your money! Now I see why you talk basketball and play baseball. I will keep in touch. GO BLUE!!
I can't shoot in long sleeves, otherwise I wouldnt have airballed my shot haha

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was the JV score? Thanks.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

JOTTINGS; IT WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FIRST POST. The jv score was Warren 63 Chilli 49. Hope your are doing well FRIEND.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Warrenhs wrote:Reece and Jace did a great job on Malik tonight. Not quite sure why Johnson was the one inbounding the ball with 4 sec left, but I'm not the coach. Great win for the Warriors

I agree, Malike was definately worked hard last night. He had some awesome dunks, non of which went uncontested. Reece put on enough pressure late in the third quarter that saw Malike raise his hands look at coach K and step deep into the corner 20 feet from his comfort zone. Ultimately Jace given the job in the 4th quarter was trying to find a way into Malike's shirt (you just cant get any closer) forcing the turnover that lead to Warrior Victory.

Henthorn takin it to the bank again at crucial times. Ward's ability to get the ball in the right peoples hands at the right time. There is so much more to your game than meets the eye. French playing great defense tonite. Goin right at it with London. The and one foul on the dunk. Picture perfect. I would have loved a swat to the third row, but that kind of pressure is gonna pay dividends in a week or two. Windland.... WOW right from the tip doin your job scoring like a man possesed. Hastie gettin in the right place at the right time comin up big.

Fellas it aint ever easy. Chili bein athletic, agressive, and hungry. Obviously a top calibur team. I suspect we will meet again. A neutral court will change some things Im sure, It wont ever take away the desire to win.

WARRIORS TOGETHER!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Just wanted to ackknowledge the hospitality of the Warren faithful. ExCoach78 is one of the classiest hoop fans in southeastern Ohio. Also, thanks for the hospitality showed to Coach Kellough, with his pleasant gift.

Tough road week for the Cavs. First, Ironton Tues night down on the river. After an exciting comeback win and a trip home on the Yellow Midnight Express, there is nothing like making the Friday night journey down to Vincent. I'm to old for these midnight bus rides.

A's for the Cavs, we have to get healthy both physically and mentally. The kids did well considering the Ironton game was not on ourvschedule until a fewvweeks ago. The kids also worked hard in one of the loudest gyms around in Warren. Not sure how many it holds, but there are gyms double the size that dint pack the punch.

Game wise, the stats exCoach had and I'm close on shows, turnovers and free throw shooting the key. Both teams got out of the gate quick, but the final three quarters turned into a heavyweight boxing match. The physicality was of the charts and Jenkins and crew allowed some serious contact to occur. A 50-48 score seemed like a slow pace game, but London's shot blocking, slowed Warren done. Likewise, Chillicothe had to many unforced turnovers to allow them to get to 60.

Good luck to Warren and hopefully, we meet again.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”