OSU needs Anthony Hitchens

qualified101
SEO

Re: OSU needs Anthony Hitchens

Post by qualified101 »

im really not fond of the big ten but it is because of the product they put forth(boring). as for people staying, texas would have been a lock this year to win, with north carolina and possibly duke bringing up 2nd and 3rd and memphis also. i love duke but this year they just couldnt hang. yeah they beat carolina once, but i didnt think they could beat the teams you mentioned. duke will not return to final four status until coach k is done with the olympic gig.

i saw buford play at state tournament and really wasnt impressed. hitchens is quicker and smarter. i live in logan and really dont hear about anything chilli except on here, but I bet he may end up somewhere better.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

keeping it real...i'm sorry but you've got bad information somewhere along the line. Hitchens signed his letter of intent with Akron. thats where he'll be going.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

I think Akron will be a good fit for him. They just graduated there point guard so the spot is there for him to take, if he goes in and works hard. I just really think the style of ball akron plays will fit his style as well. they get down the floor, shoot the three in transition and really just make you make alot of decions when they're on d to get out and run. best of luck to anthony next year!!

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Just my opinion, but OSU just signed a couple of stud guards to play next year, I think Hitchens would get lost in the shuffle @ OSU. At Akron, he'll get a chance to grow and improve as a player. I think (from the outside looking in) Akron probably was a great choice!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Just my opinion, but OSU just signed a couple of stud guards to play next year, I think Hitchens would get lost in the shuffle @ OSU. At Akron, he'll get a chance to grow and improve as a player. I think (from the outside looking in) Akron probably was a great choice!

tbreeze,

The jury will still be out on the "stud guards", signed at OSU. Just one was signed at the point. Anthony Crater, who is out of Michigan, played Prep Ball at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire this year. Listed at 6'1 and 165, I understand he will be a very good ball handler, but will need to work on his perimeter game. That leaves OSU in a position next year, of not having one proven kid capable of knocking down the outside shot. I hope he turns into All Big-Ten and an All-American, but I don't think we have much depth at the point. Hill will have to improve big time over the summer. In order for our beloved Bucks to get back over the top, we will need excellent guard play. Butler will be tough to replace.

And yes, Akron is a good choice for Anthony, because that is where he choose to go and he was wanted there.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

Dshanton3,
So what you are saying that Akron Zips basketball web site is telling a lie.Thats where I got my info at Dshanton3 maybe you should go check it out before you post on here.The only kid that Akron has on their list that signed was a kid named Brett McClanahan from Nitro,WV and he signed on 2-19-2008.So if he did signed a LOI letter Akron has not put it on their list as of yet.

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

This kid could play anywhere... Look at it this way. you have not seen the best of him because he was never really challenged. That is a scary thought.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Just like hitchbone said Akron will be a good fit for Humpty.Take the location it's not to far away from his parents.The one thing about it,the youngman is getting a free education out of it playing something that he likes.The other thing you gotta look at is playing time,is it 13 to 15 mins a game or is it 24 mins plus a game.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

keeping it real...im not gonna make you look dumb on here even though you're asking for it with the hostile response, like i said in my earlier post you got bad information somewhere along the line. so i'll just send you a PM instead. you've got mail!

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

keeping it real wrote:Dshanton3,
So what you are saying that Akron Zips basketball web site is telling a lie.Thats where I got my info at Dshanton3 maybe you should go check it out before you post on here.The only kid that Akron has on their list that signed was a kid named Brett McClanahan from Nitro,WV and he signed on 2-19-2008.So if he did signed a LOI letter Akron has not put it on their list as of yet.

well i guess you are right. if you go to this web site it does indicate that the McClanahan kid is the only one who has signed his LOI. here is the link: http://akron.scout.com/a.z?s=333&p=9&cfg=bb&c=8&yr=2008

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

Thank you beezee420.I been trying to tell Dshanton3,what the university of Akron web-site said.I'm not trying to start any trouble on here.Just keeping it real baby.I'm just wondering is there another choice of college since,he only made a verbal to Akron? He committed on 8-1-2007,but has never signed a LOI.With his play over the season,I would say that more college's have to knock on the youngman doors with more offers.Mr.Hitchens is a helluva Basketball player very quick,and has a very smooth stroke on his shot.I wish the youngman the best of luck to him and his family.This youngman will bring some excitement to the University of Akron.I will make several trips to Akron and watch him play.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

where ever Humpty plays at they are getting, a great Basketball player.I can't wait to watch him play at the next level.That is a good question keeping it real? I was thinking the same thing,after I checked out the akron web site since you brought it up.I don't think your starting any trouble on here.You are just asking a question.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

guys....its come from Anthony's father and Humpty himself. i've heard from both of their mouths that he signed and faxed his letter of intent on signing day.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprosp ... _key=59901

here is his player profile on rivals.com, where it says that he has signed a LOI to play for Akron.

How much more straight from the horses mouth can you get? obviously the website is not fully informed or up to date.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

For those that believe in the Web sites of some of these schools, you might as well, come by the house and let me sell you this wooded piece of swamp lot beside me. I will even let you put a boat on it, because you will need it. Going price for 1/2 acre is a cool $28K. I will let you it at a 10% discount, because I like you guys.

Seriously, many of these schools (and trust me I look at a lot of them), don;t always have current up-to-date information. Some Sports-Information (SI's) directors at these schools are probably not as up-to-date as others. Therefore, I don't put alot of stock in what they say.

Humpty is fine...Akron is fine and yes after watching P.J. Hill tonight, the Bucks are in trouble at pt guard next year. My hope is Koufus stays and somebody else transfers out to open up another spot. We need to PG in the system. Crater as a true freshman and PJ Hill as a Junior will not get it. Based on what I have read(and seen from Hill) neither of them will be adept at knocking down an open shot.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Go home sore loser! Are you upset he & his team came into your place and embarrassed you. If you were a true mom you wouldn't be on internet forums bashing high school kids. Get a LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

The kid just won a state championship!!! what do you want him to do sit there calm as can be!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

baller3 wrote:Go home sore loser! Are you upset he & his team came into your place and embarrassed you. If you were a true mom you wouldn't be on internet forums bashing high school kids. Get a LIFE!!!!!!!!!

baller,

What did I miss!!! I must have been asleep at the wheel or did someone delete their post.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

hitchbone64 wrote:
baller3 wrote:Go home sore loser! Are you upset he & his team came into your place and embarrassed you. If you were a true mom you wouldn't be on internet forums bashing high school kids. Get a LIFE!!!!!!!!!

baller,

What did I miss!!! I must have been asleep at the wheel or did someone delete their post.

Hitch- Deleted Post.

Burgmom made a post saying that she doesn't blame Ohio State after seeing the way Hitchens was acting in an interview after just winning a STATE TITLE. It wasn't exactly a classy post and since it has been deleted I will refrain from saying much more about it.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^

Thanks for the response. I knew it must have been something bad..... Turn your head for a second and miss the action. To busy watching the NBA "Fights" I mean playoffs...

GO CAVS!!! and GO CLEVELAND CAVS!!!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Hitch, It was just some uncalled comments by a burg mom. Call me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”