SEOAL 2008-2009

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Re: SEOAL 2008-2009

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Zanesville finished 6th in the Wheeling shootout with wins over Wellston, Logan Elm and Meadowbrooke it's win or your out of the championship bracket.It's 1st loss came from Massilon Jackson which featured a pair of 6'8 towers and very good guards which eventually beat Zville with the three's late in the game and there other loss came from North Allengheny on a last second shot.Over all Zanesviile played well especially at the post where Prati averaged around 20 a game and soph they call him "T" Tanner Gibson really stepped up and look really good both made all tourney team. So it will real be a young team taking the court this winter .So onto To WVU camp which will give these young players more valuable experience....

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

ravens...good info. although i've never seen Shay on the court, he's an athlete and one look at him and you wouldnt expect him to be afraid to go against anyone haha. he looks like he's 28

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

It a shame Zanesville isn't still in D-2 (as they should be). This year's team would make some serious noise. If this team grows through the summer as it should, it should contend for it's second straight SEOAL title.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

The Blue Devil's went 4-0 into sunday games don't have the result's yet. It look's like coach Aronhalt has these boy's playing like a team already and there gonna be young with the possibility of a soph running the point that be Tanner Gibson a really good looking player aka Cedric Harris.....

I know of two of the win's that be Col.Desales and Meadowbrook.The other two not sure of bad cell connx.

GO BLUE DEVIL"S

PS there at the WVU camp forgot that..........

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I here they went to the WVU camp because of the relationship between Huggs and Aronhalt. I know Charlie and he thinks alot of Aronhalt. Should be a real good experience for ZHS.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

The Cavaliers just returned from their annual trek over to Indianapolis (Butler U.). I am not sure of all the details, but the Cavs held their own against some stiff competition. Many of our young guys are getting some quality time with some veterans.

It is good to see Netter and Dante Thompson back on the court. This gives us a few more in the Junior to be class. Not sure what Coach K. has in mind, but he will have plenty to choose from when filling out the roster.

If these kids buy into the defensive philosophies of Coach K. (the returners all ready have), then this team will be fun to watch over the next few years. I can see Coach having quite a bit of depth and variety of combinations to go with.

With a solid senior class lead by (Dawes, Knights, Smith and Benson), I can see a solid and deep 8-9 man rotation. I don't think we will see a Poland Seminary rotation, but some of these young kids are going to battle to get on the court.

I am anxious to get on the Hilltop this week and see the youngins. The Raglands, Lowes, Londons, Beverly's, among others will be exciting young fellows over the next few years.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!! A NEW YEAR IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Hitchbone64,

I can't wait to see them on the hardwood again this season. :-D

Does anyone know in CAV Town if Coach K completed the schedule with the last non-league game yet? And if he did, who is the team :?:

Thanks

Army :-D

GO CAVS :!:

GO SEOAL :!:

Refuse to Lose :!:

2008 D2 State Champions :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!:

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Army,
Calm down ole boy. Pleaseeeeee, go back and read the post again. If I'm out of line in saying that I think ZHS "should contend" for a second straight SEOAL title, than sorry to ruffle your feathers. It really was a pretty mild statement, don't ya think? IMO, that moving up to D-1 and going through the Central District is a little tougher for these Blue Devils than going to Coshocton and Athens in D-2 (for Zanesville). And, yes I think plenty of teams could present problems for both ZHS and Chillicothe this year. Is this really only June? It is good that you are so passionate about your High School Basketball (as I am too), it's always fun to read your post.

Army
S

Post by Army »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Army,
Calm down ole boy. Pleaseeeeee, go back and read the post again. If I'm out of line in saying that I think ZHS "should contend" for a second straight SEOAL title, than sorry to ruffle your feathers. It really was a pretty mild statement, don't ya think? IMO, that moving up to D-1 and going through the Central District is a little tougher for these Blue Devils than going to Coshocton and Athens in D-2 (for Zanesville). And, yes I think plenty of teams could present problems for both ZHS and Chillicothe this year. Is this really only June? It is good that you are so passionate about your High School Basketball (as I am too), it's always fun to read your post.

tropicalbreeze,

I think the league will come down between our two schools again. But Marietta and Portsmouth could surprise some teams. Did you see our CAV completed B-Ball schedule just put out?

Do you know your Zanesville 2008-2009 schedule yet?

Good Luck to your Blue Devils :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Zanesville Joe Prati senior to be has had a early offer from Wheeling Jesuit . Heard the coach from Wheeling is working on a all Zville line up .Keep up the work young man..

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

ZBD, already thinking of going over and watching the two Harris boys this season, that would be fun if it happens.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

so andre signed with wheeling as well?

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Dshanton3 wrote:so andre signed with wheeling as well?

Andre signed with them i believe in late april with Wheeling Jesuit . Both Andre and Cedric should fit in well with this fast tempo style b-ball played there.Both should have immediate impact with this team as it a very young bunch there with only two seniors on roster..

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

The SEOAL seem's peacefull in here compared to the feuding going on in here lol u know Wellston ..VC .. lol...

Nuff that lol...

Let's hear some prediction's for the up coming season the south division seem's to be the better with State Champ's Chilly leading the way and the Trojan's and Ironon improved looking to make it to the DOC ..

I'll take my Blue Devil's in the north Logan will be good and Warren is alway's tuff but Zville is Zville..

Rematch Zville vs Chilly DOC

Let er rip Army lol.....

Army
S

Post by Army »

ZvilleBlueDevil,

I take the CAVS in the South with Portsmouth and Ironton right behind us. :-D

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »