Freshman Team

North Adams @ Peebles 2/17

Post by warrior 89 »

Thoughts and Predictions?

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Re: North Adams @ Peebles 2/17

Post by warrior 89 »

I won't even try to predict this one, the way NA has been playing they could win by 3 or lose by ? Go Devils!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

North Adams has a good team this year but the Northwest loss confuses me as does the games NA gave Eastern Brown. In our last matchup with NA we came away with a 14pt win at their place so im taking the Indians in this one as well.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Na by 4

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

I think Peebles will win. Depending on which NA team shows up to play it could be a close one or by 10+

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Peebles has to show up. Its hard to predict the winner in this one.

As Tribe said, North Adams lost to Northwest by 7 a week ago. Peebles beat Northwest by 42 points. Peebles also beat NA by 14 at their last meeting and the starters didn't play the whole game.

North Adams lost by 12 points to Western and Peebles beat Western by 46 points

However, North Adams beat Eastern by 7 and Peebles lost to Eastern twice by 2 and 14 respectively

This is definitely a head scratcher...

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

rooster wrote:Peebles has to show up. Its hard to predict the winner in this one.

North Adams lost by 12 points to Western and Peebles beat Western by 46 points

However, North Adams beat Eastern by 7 and Peebles lost to Eastern twice by 2 and 14 respectively

This is definitely a head scratcher...
Rooster, The Western that North Adams lost to was Western Brown, a D-I school in the Southwest District that is 16-3 on the season. Peebles defeated Western Latham by 46 points.

This will be a great rivalry game, so throw the records out the window. Should be an exciting 4-quarter game.

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Okay thanks, that makes more sense...LOL I agree records don't matter and its too close to pick a winner. I was just trying to show that each team has shown some inconsistencies along the way. Its always a great rivalry between NA and Peebles. Go Indians!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

North Adams beat Eastern Brown way earlier in the season before the Warriors were healthy. I say there's no way the Devils beat this Eastern team that's won 14 straight. I look for the Indians to shake off their 2 straight losses with a big rivalry victory. They'll be pumped up on their home floor.

Delfuego
Waterboy

Post by Delfuego »

Hola El Streetballs, I feel as if you senor, are always El rooting for Peebles to el lose aye? Come on now homes, I see no way that peebles loses tres in a row games, you la feel me ? No burrido for you senor. But im sure you can eat taco bell....HA Adios avenueballer ;)

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

North Adams is too "off and on" for me. I agree with jchitwood, NA wouldn't compete with the RED HOT warriors if they were to play today. The Northwest game closes the deal for me in this one (Peebles with a huge win and NA with a disappointing loss).

Peebles 15+

Delfuego
Waterboy

Post by Delfuego »

burritos are half price for you Mr. williams for knowing all the stuff about shl but being an socfan!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

North Adams competed well with the red hot Warriors just over a week ago. They led most of the game before losing at the end. North Adams problem is consistency and scoring. If they can score they can give Peebles a game. I still look for the Indians to come out on top.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Indians should win just because the last 2 games have been disappointing for them I look for a turnaround of sorts. Thats if their "coaches" can get the team ready. If not and if NA is on it will be another long night for the Peebles crowd.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

There is no doubt the Warriors are hot, but back on Feb.3 NA led 3/4 of the game and only lost by 3 due to being out of timeouts and a case of heads in the rear. As far as the first matchup on Dec.20 NA won by 7 and as far as I know the only player not on the roster that night was Doss. (Lawson, Payne, Etc. played the entire game.) Yes NA has been very inconsistent, but minus the Northwest 3-ring circus exhibit they have played quite well the past few games. So with that being said, can NA give Peebles their 3rd straight loss? Can they lose by 20? Absolutely would be the correct answer for both of those questions, the question with no answer at this time is which NA team will hit the hardwood Friday night? Go Devils!!!

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

freethrow25 wrote:Indians should win just because the last 2 games have been disappointing for them I look for a turnaround of sorts. Thats if their "coaches" can get the team ready. If not and if NA is on it will be another long night for the Peebles crowd.
If they "should win" because they're disappointed with their last two outcomings, then the Devils "should" bring down the house and put an end to this more than disappointing streak by the Indians. Just sayin.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

how ironic, long time rival eastern brown pulling for north adams to win. in these county rivalries you can throw out records and previous game comparisons. a big win over a big rival can cure a lot of previous pain. "what have you done for me lately!"

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Rest assured the coaches will have the boys ready...however, it will be up to them to execute the game plan and I believe they will!! No one thought Peebles would have anything this year losing Blake and Andy, returning only two veteran players...so I'm proud of their accomplishments thus far this season. Good luck Indians. I could use a big ole cup of redemption!!!

Glad I'm going back to work tomorrow, its way too addictive and fun posting on these threads, but it kills your day. LOL!!

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

warrior 89 wrote:
freethrow25 wrote:Indians should win just because the last 2 games have been disappointing for them I look for a turnaround of sorts. Thats if their "coaches" can get the team ready. If not and if NA is on it will be another long night for the Peebles crowd.
If they "should win" because they're disappointed with their last two outcomings, then the Devils "should" bring down the house and put an end to this more than disappointing streak by the Indians. Just sayin.
Agree...I think. lol Oh and Chieftan, Yes the coaches "should" have the boys ready to play but then again the gameplan that was executed the last 2 games speak otherwise. Defense looks tough as usual but as someone (cant remember off the top of my head) posted earlier this year that if Peebles doesn't fix their offense its gonna be a short tourney. That falls back on the coaches and if the players don't execute the plays properly then the coaches possibly could make some changes.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Good luck tonight Indians!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”