Ray Chambers

Sports 101
Varsity

Ray Chambers

Post by Sports 101 »

Does he have any offers to play at the next level?

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Re: Ray Chambers

Post by 3 Step Drop »

I don't know if he has any offers but i do know that Bowling Green is very interesting.
It would be like having another Kevin Netter up there.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

He is very talented and has a lot of potential!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ray will be playing somewhere next year. He is entertaining offers, but has not done anything official yet.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

What are his offers? Or would he rather not say righ now?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ray had a great career at Chillicothe capped off by winning a state title. I have watched him play probably about 15 times in his CHS career. He can play at the D-1 level in college, but one thing Ray needs to really develop is a mid range jumper. That is the one aspect of his game that I was not overly impressed with. He could take his game to a completely different level with the capability of knocking down the 12-15 foot shot. He is 6-7, not 7-0........he will have opportunities to post some players down low, but it always makes you tougher to defend when you have the jump shot in your arsenal.

I like every other aspect of his game, but honestly look at the kids his size who can hit that 12-15 shot at the D1 level.......there are a whole bunch who can do it and do it well. Take Ray's game now, then add the ability to hit the medium range shot and you have a very good and hard to defend D1 college basketball player.

There are a ton of kids at the D1 level who are 6-6 to 6-8 who are multi-dimensional, in fact some who even run the point, and I have seen a lot of kids who dominated in high school around the basket who didn't make a splash at the next level......because they could not handle playing away from the basket.

I wish Ray the best as he furthers his career.......I just hope he "upps" his upside.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

Ray could certainly be a player in the MAC. I would love to see him there. I have heard rumors that his grades or ACT is not high enough yet but he is working on it, does anyone know if this is true?

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

trojan, i agree. the problem with rays midrange jumper is he takes so long to get it off. he cant get it off quickly enough to use it much in games, therefore its underdeveloped because of lack of repitition. he's a quality free throw shooter for a big man (around 70 percent) so you'd figure with coaching and work on his technique he could add that aspect to his game.

No matter whether or not he adds it, Ray will always bring offensive rebounding, the ability to guard perimeter players or big men, and he'll run the floor and finish. alot of D1 schools could use a kid like that.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

He kind of reminds me of Jason Maxiell.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Sports 101 wrote:What are his offers? Or would he rather not say righ now?

sports101,

I would rather not say right now. It is in the family and I will respect their privacy, but he will make a decision pretty soon.

Ray has a bright future and as he develops his offensive game more and picks up more strength, he will be a very solid player.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Thanks hitch... cant wait to see where he goes.

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

I think Ohio University should try to recruit him. It would be a shame for another Ohio or MAC school to get him w/o Ohio at least trying. But that has happened a lot in recent years. I wander if Ohio ever talked to Hitchens before he signed w/ Akron.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

GoBlue22 wrote:I think Ohio University should try to recruit him. It would be a shame for another Ohio or MAC school to get him w/o Ohio at least trying. But that has happened a lot in recent years. I wander if Ohio ever talked to Hitchens before he signed w/ Akron.

IMO, the Bobcats need to shore up the program a little more. They are going on 14 straight seasons with double digit losses. With a 54% winning percentage over the past 7 years or so, I am not sure they have earned the respect as a top tier Ohio (or MAC) school. With Kent State, Miami, Xavier, UC, Akron, BG, etc. The Bobcats need to get to that next level. They need another Gary Trent like player and build around them.

I would love to see some more top tier Ohio born talent end up there, but I don't see it on the horizon. I am sure they recruited more then just Humpty, but you have to be able to close deals. Not sure what it is, but I would love to see them become a top tier program again. Don't get me wrong, they are solid, but need to go another level up.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Right now, Ohio University does not have any scholarship openings for next year.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

osu would have been better off with chambers rather than mullins. chambers has a ton more athleticism.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

Mullens is also 7 foot :lol:

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Lets not turn this into a Chambers vs Muellens debate. Not even worth the discussion. Ray will be a 3 or an undersized 4 in D1. He will develop and do very well as he grows into that body and continues to develop his game.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

mullens is also alot slower.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

There is no comparison between Mullens and Chambers. You cannot honestly think that Ray could guard Mullens inside, he simply could not. Ray's size is equal to a 3 or 4 position in D1 like stated before. Ray is very athletic but Mullens is gong to be in the NBA in a few years, no offense but Ray is not.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

the mullens comments dont even warrant a response. so please ignore them posters.

I've heard Ray has some upcoming visits to schools that took notice of his performance at state. his stock has definately risen. good for him!

Return to “Boys Basketball”