Ray Chambers

Dshanton3
JV Team

Re: Ray Chambers

Post by Dshanton3 »

Dobbs will be solid, but not a difference maker. Don't really think thats a very good offer by OU.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

If OU did offer Dobbs, that is not a good offer. He played well in the semi-final game, but a D1 player. He had a good season and is a solid player but he is a below average player in the MAC and will get really exposed on the defensive end.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Well if Ohio U. screwed up on the offer (if there is one) then Bowling Green already has screwed up with their offer.

Thanks hitch for your heads up...and since you've seen him play a few times I'd tend to agree that he may not be a Jeremy Fears point guard but that he'll sign with some D1 team.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Is Wright State offering Chambers?

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Is Wright State offering Chambers?

I have read that they have.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I say he looks into going there...Coach Brownell has really brought that program up...They will compete in the Horizon league for years to come and I think they will make the tournament next season

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

According to the Dayton Daily News (i believe one wed. or thurs. of this past week), Wright St. used it's last available scholarship on a Jr. College All-American from Oklahoma. Good luck to Ray in whatever he decides.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Coach Kellough stated publicly tonight that Ray Chambers decision comes down to five schools:

1) Wright State
2) Eastern Kentucky
3) Youngstown State
4) Central Michigan
5) Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne

Ray will make a decision over the next few weeks. If Wright State did sign someone this week, the message may not have made it to Chilly yet. I looked on the school site and don't see any news under the b-ball program.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Any of those schools would be a great fit for him. Be sweet to see him in a Penguins uniform.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Dobbs to Ohio and I posted the info on the college sports forum site.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

and people wonder why O'shea is terrible. I was praying that Dobbs would commit elsewhere. what a dumb offer. now we have a PG who isnt a great shooter, will rarely beat you off the dribble, and isnt much of a playmaker/passer. he just runs around and dribbles on a really good high school team.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Yeah Humpty may be better.....yet Dobbs is not a DII player. I don't care how much you dribble if you AVERAGE 9 assists per game for the Ohio D1 runnerup you must be passing the ball to somebody.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i'd definately have to see verification on 9 assists per game. sorry Doc. I've seen Dobbs 5 times in the last two seasons and never once have i seen anything out of him that made me say "that kid is a playmaker". maybe he's getting alot of kick out for 3's assists but i just cant buy even close to 9 per game.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

D3,

I think many of the numbers across the state get inflated during the regular season. Some of the numbers you see are amazing.

I did look at Dobbs State performance. Not bad stat lines, but I agree 9 dimes per game is big time.

State Semi's 16 pts 5 dimes 4 turnovers 0 steals
State Finals 15 pts 5 dimes 6 turnovers 0 steals.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMP!!!

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

The best fit for Ray would be to go to a junior collage. There he would put on about 10 to 15 pounds of muscle and develope some perimiter skills. With that he could be a big catch for alot of high major programs. O.R Prep out.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

I think it would be a really good idea for ray to go to ju-co too, or prep school. He needs to work on his perimeter game and then he could be a very good college althlete.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i think i differ from the crowd here when i say that i dont like the JC route for Chambers. Its hard to imagine his stock being any higher than it is after his state tourney performance and i've seen too many kids fall off the radar at JC's. I think he needs to go to a D1 school that wants him right now, he can sign, and be guaranteed that his education, the most important thing here, will be free for the next 4 years.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Any word yet?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I may get rediculed for saying this but, I feel Chambers has more upside than Humpty. With his size and athletic ability I feel under the proper weight program and coaching, he could be a very productive player @ any of the schools listed as his choices. Not saying Hump is a bad player so dont misunderstand what I am saying is that I feel Chambers will be more productive at the next level.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ray still needs to make a decision. I would say it will come in the next few days. He has taken some more trips, got through the prom and all that good stuff. It is great to have opportunities.

Bluegrass,

Upside is all relative. Yes, at 6'7", if Ray can develop his outside game and get stronger, he can do something special. However, don't discount Hump's upside. You have yet to see him play a pure point guard. He will take his game to another level with D1 players all around him.

Both kids have huge upsides and it is hard to compare.

Return to “Boys Basketball”