Ray Chambers

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Ray Chambers

Post by Paladin »

Three points --

1. Dobbs will be very good at O.U. He played on a team where he had to sacrifice his game to Ed's inside players ( all 3 got schollies), as Ed's coach had him play that way. That wasn't the case when he played AAU ball. He'll shine and in a match-up with Humpty at Akron, you'll see how Huimpty gets marginalized against bigger ,faster players . Dobbs will be All- MAC.

2. Humpty should play at Akron, but he is in for an awakening . He'll just be another good player playing with bigger ,faster guys. Different guy & different results. Stay tuned. Humpty will start. Star ?? Maybe.

3. Chambers could have good upside , but he needs to bulk up and work on an outside game. He could have a good career at a low level mid-major. But the sytem he plays in may dicate how good ( or not) he is. Looks like the books will get him and Juco will limit his upside.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i can understand why people would feel Chambers has more upside. Thats because he has so much he can improve on in his game. he's a very unfinished product. the reason i dont necessarily agree he has more upside than Hump is two things. number one is coordination. it is something that you are either born with or without. In order to realize his ultimate potential Ray would have to get a handle, a mid range jumper, and bulk up. while he can control his size to a certain extent, and he can at the very least become an adequate face up shooter, i'm not sure he has the coordination to develop a game in which he can beat guys off the dribble when he faces up to threaten with a jumper he may/may not develop. the second is the "it" factor. few players step up on the big stage and play best when truly facing a challenge/adversity like Hump does. However, i'm first in line for hoping that Ray can develop all of these things. he's a good kid and i like to see good things happen for him. best of luck to ray.

Paladin-we'll just have to see what happens at Akron but they dont make them any faster (we saw how he made a supposedly athletically superior Libbey team look like they were standing still), and i dont buy size keeping Hump from doing his thing. one example was Chilli/Zville at Chilli when he was face guarded and checked the whole game by uber-athlete Andre Harris the whole game and managed 34 points on something like 60 percent shooting. Just one example though. one thing a guy his size has to have to suceed in those matchups is his jumper and he'll have plenty of off days where people may claim it was the size that bothered him, but he'll have an equal amount of games where he scorches the nets and nobody talks about size. Also something thats almost been forgotten about his game is his playmaking ability for others, we havent seen much of his vision the last couple of years because of the scoring burden he's had to bear, but as Hitchbone said, wait til you see him as a pure point with big athletes running the floor with him. I'll take our guy in a matchup with Dobbs every day of the week. But cant wait to see it actually happen!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Ray is going to play at one of the best Juco's in America. The Coach that he will be playing for has an awesome record on the court but more importantly off the court. He will make Ray work extremely hard on the basketball court & in the classroom. Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture and this is easily the best decision for Ray Chambers. I am happy for this young man and wish him the best of luck. All of the Cavs signees will probably be in the Gazette in the next week or two.

Go Cavs!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I spoke with Ray today and he is excited about what is coming. He has options and looks like he has chosen one that gives him the best opportunity to get where he wants to go. I love a kid that aspires to get better.

Once Ray signs on the line, then there will be much discussion, but the thing I like is Ray is a success story in that he has probably exceeded most expectations people had out of him coming out of Cincy (or in Cincy). He is a great kid with a tremendous upside. He will be a very productive citizen and Chilly will always have him as a son.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

baller3,

Got your message and got a positive vote. I will call you.

Rob

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

Good luck to Ray on his choice. I can't say I love the choice but I am sure he has done the research necessary to benefit him. I just hope him and Humpty really get their academic paths on track. These boys can have a great future in whatever they choose and be successful.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

if Ray feels good bout the choice then so do i. i want nothin more than for that kid to be happy and successful. and i have total confidence that he will be. can anyone provide the name of the juco? and location?

Return to “Boys Basketball”