WEST BASKETBALL

smoke93
Waterboy

Re: WEST BASKETBALL

Post by smoke93 »

I know for a fact that there were over 20 people that applied from all over .

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I do not know how accurate the source is that told me this, but I have heard Brian Oakes, Stan Doddridge, and Jason Claytor all have applied as well!

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:i dont see west hiring outside the school this time. i believe its going to be phillips or kitchen. phillips has coach at west for 9 years and kitchen came to west last year.
Hiring either Phillips or Kitchen would be a hire outside the school. Neither works for the district.

The fact that Perdas was a finalist for the West job last time shows that he's dedicated to this school and community. He has done fantastic work at SSU helping to lead the young team to a national tournament appearance. Has Phillips or Kitchen ever coached in a national tournament or at the college level? Didn't think so. Perdas is young, energetic, and has an amazing basketball mind for someone his age.

He's got a teaching degree and could become a teacher for the district, but does not insist on having a teaching job out of the gate. Perdas would be the perfect fit for West. If the board chooses any other candidate, they are fools.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Perdas would also be a excellent choice for the West job. What has anyone heard about who will be interviewed. Apparently the board meeting isn't until the 28th. If they have that much time, they might as well interview every single applicant!!

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

I agree X-Factor....
I have spoken with Perdas and he is really determind and motivated and will do great things when he gets a program to take over. If you ask any Lady Bear they will say that he pushes them harder than any other coach at SSU or any coach they have ever had. He has their respect. He demands hard work and good character! Something the West Side is not known for

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

What are some of the west natives' opinions on hiring? Should it be a sabby veteran, with a proven track record of being a disciplinarian, or a young energy filled coach, that would come in with a bright look on his face, and a hunger to reach the top? Look at what 21 year old Matt Carson has started at Fairfield.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Any hire would be outside the school district as no one that applied teaches at West. I doubt there are very many interviews and look for Kitchen to prevail! Good luck to Coach Kitchen! Hope he really wants this job as he has so much support in the West community.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Runner

I can tell you for sure that one of those people on your list did not apply

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

I wish you would and bring your daughter to West

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

West Sider

Thanks. You have a very good group of girls coming up and we always enjoy playing them and know we're going to be in for a challenge when we meet. Good luck!!

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

the rumors i am hearing the possible coach isnt even mentioned on here. the only name on here that i am hearing is phillips and he could be the girls coach or the boys assistant.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Too bad for West and for Kitchen in my opinion. Think he would like West better and get a teaching job quicker at West..the only advantage to Green is a shorter drive. If that is true, then it is too bad. :(

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Heck, I would much rather see Kitchen take the West job rather than waste his time at Green. I would even rather see him take the girls job at West, much more exciting either way. He will be GIVING the West job to someone else if he does that, along with a teaching position.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

from my understanding west really doesnt want kitchen. they was very happy with him helping coach triplett last year. but i really really dont think west would take this long if west wanted kitchen. if they hire kitchen what a really stupid move by west to wait so long when kitchen couldve never take a break he couldve already been having workouts. what are doing west?

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

jumper wrote:I think if West doesn't really want Kitchen its because he wants to make changes for the betterment of making a program in which they don't have now.West administration just doesn't understand .I'm sure the community does though but the board hires
This message paid for by "The Friends of Charlie Kitchen for West Basketball Coach." Now back to your regularly scheduled program. 8)

Return to “Boys Basketball”