Vinny Zollo- Greenfield McClain

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Re: Vinny Zollo- Greenfield McClain

Post by GoBlue22 »

I agree Vinnie was being recruited for his size and shooting ability, and I agree he needs some work. But he will be a very good player. It is not fair to compare him to Dante'. Vinnie's parents did not agree with how VanMeter was playing him, and they were upset b/c VanMeter grabbed his jersey during a game. Today I read that he is transferring to a HS in KY.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

If the parents want to move their kid then so be it, but to move a kid because the coach grabbed their little boys jersey, well that is pathetic!

I guess I am just old school!!!!!!!!

Go Cavs!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

go blue,
where did you read that?

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

I was doing a search looking for an article and it was on one of the sites I hit. I cannot remember which one.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I was reading on a Kentucky Wildcat message board and someone mentioned that Zollo broke his leg in a recent tournament when someone undercut him. If that is true, here's to a speedy recovery for this fine young player.

Army
S

Post by Army »

baller3 wrote:If the parents want to move their kid then so be it, but to move a kid because the coach grabbed their little boys jersey, well that is pathetic!

I guess I am just old school!!!!!!!!

Go Cavs!

baller3,

I agree :!:

Oh, by the way mhs82, our condolences on losing an outstanding player from your beloved Greenfield McClain Tiger Program to a Kentucky H.S. :!: :-D

If the story is true, that Zollo got hurt in a summer B-Ball tournament, prayers from Chillicothe for a speedy, healthy and full recovery. Best success at your new school. He should break a lot of basketball records in his new Kentucky High School.

One other thing mhs82 before I forget, since we last corresponded when I was in Japan, and you were cutting down our CAVS....all I have to respond back with is,

STATE CHAMPIONS :!: :-D

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by Army on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

gocubsgo
Waterboy

Post by gocubsgo »

Every single person who has denounced Vinny Zollo either hasn't seen him play, or is brain dead. I can honestly say he will be the best player to ever play in the convo. Zollo will be seven feet tall and 230 by the time he gets to Lexington. Zollo plays is heart out on every play and will be a slightly taller version of Ty Hansbrough. Zollo's work ethic and inside/mid range game could potentially bring him to super-stardom at even the highest of levels. He is doing all of the right things. Best of Luck to Zollo.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

gocubsgo wrote:Every single person who has denounced Vinny Zollo either hasn't seen him play, or is brain dead. I can honestly say he will be the best player to ever play in the convo. Zollo will be seven feet tall and 230 by the time he gets to Lexington. Zollo plays is heart out on every play and will be a slightly taller version of Ty Hansbrough. Zollo's work ethic and inside/mid range game could potentially bring him to super-stardom at even the highest of levels. He is doing all of the right things. Best of Luck to Zollo.

You can't honestly say he will be the best player to ever play at the Convo. That is a guess, so you could honestly say you think he will be the best. You shouldn't comment on his game bringing him to super-stardom right now because he has a broken leg and no one knows how he will recover from it. If you think being 230 at 7' tall is big, then you must be brain dead.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Army, you don't seem to pay attention, I back Hillsboro. Zollo leaving helps the Indians in the SCOL so I am glad to see him go. You need to grow up.

As for the Cavs, I support the SE District and love the fact that a local D2 team has finally come through. Hopefully this will continue and the District can win a few more. There are some D3 and D4 teams with a lot of talents coming up in the next few years so we have hope. Unfortunately, seems HS basketball championships now days are more dependent on who transfers where then in home grown talent and coaching.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

brutally honest wrote:
gocubsgo wrote:Every single person who has denounced Vinny Zollo either hasn't seen him play, or is brain dead. I can honestly say he will be the best player to ever play in the convo. Zollo will be seven feet tall and 230 by the time he gets to Lexington. Zollo plays is heart out on every play and will be a slightly taller version of Ty Hansbrough. Zollo's work ethic and inside/mid range game could potentially bring him to super-stardom at even the highest of levels. He is doing all of the right things. Best of Luck to Zollo.

You can't honestly say he will be the best player to ever play at the Convo. That is a guess, so you could honestly say you think he will be the best. You shouldn't comment on his game bringing him to super-stardom right now because he has a broken leg and no one knows how he will recover from it. If you think being 230 at 7' tall is big, then you must be brain dead.

yeah your right at 7' 230 he would be a twig and he would be pushed around easy a 6' guard would be able to push him around.

brutally honest
Varsity

When did I say 6' guards would push him around? I never said he would be a twig but he wouldn't be physically dominant by any means. All I meant by that is: in the college game being 230 at 7' foot wouldn't exactly make him big enough to be pushing SEC bigmen around. I think he would be pushed around more at that size than he would be if he got to around 250.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

brutally honest wrote:When did I say 6' guards would push him around? I never said he would be a twig but he wouldn't be physically dominant by any means. All I meant by that is: in the college game being 230 at 7' foot wouldn't exactly make him big enough to be pushing SEC bigmen around. I think he would be pushed around more at that size than he would be if he got to around 250.

No Im just saying that at that weight on the next level that wouldnt be strong enough to play D1 ball I didnt say that you said that.
And your right he would need to get upto at least 250 to be dominant at that level.

brutally honest
Varsity

Wow, I'm sorry about that. I thought your first post was mocking my saying that 230 wouldn't be big enough, but you were actually agreeing with my post. Now I feel stupid LOL.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Thats all right no big deal.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

gocubs...i made my assessment off what i've seen of Zollo in person. he's simply not good enough to deserve an SEC offer at this point and judging BY WHAT I SAW in 4 games, i don't see him ever being a SEC level recruit. for the reasons i mentioned.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The best to have every played in the Convo-I doubt that. 8)

tigernation
Riding the Bench

Post by tigernation »

Rule #1 at McClain
Everyone is treated the same (including Mr. Jackson). Unfortunately, some parents and kids can't handle this - so they bolt or quit.

Rule #2
You had better play defense. If you don't, you won't have a good experience in their program.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

tigernation...and thats why we all respect Rick so much. b/c thats the way it should be. there is a difference in a kid having a longer leash because he's one of your best players and treating that kid different than every1 else when it comes to coaching and discipline.

Army
S

Post by Army »

tigernation,

I agree with Dshanton3 on Rick. Greenfield McClain always fields a team ready and prepared in B-Ball. It's a shame we have so many whiners in todays society. Parents trying to be coaches. We had a kid that could of been on a State Championship Team this season at Chillicothe and made an impact like he did in the 2006-2007 season. But, he instead, moved on to an SVC School and started, but the team had very few wins. I noticed him a month back shooting on the Basketball court below the Chillicothe High School. I just wondered what he was thinking, especially knowing he could of played on a State Title Team and, would of had a lot of playing time for the CAVS this past season. I think pride and feelings gets in the way sometimes. Today, some kids, thinks it's about them, instead of being loyal, and honoring the system they play in. Otherwords, the ME...ME...ME factor! The (parent factor) has grown worse over the past two decades too! It seems that we have some parents that think they are better coaches than the one on the court representing the School. There will always be situations where it is a good thing to leave a program. And that's O.K. But the latter holds firm. :-D

Just my opinion.

Respectfully Army :-D
Last edited by Army on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

parents are slowly ruining high school sports. its gotten out of hand and its getting to the point where a coach is more of a politician trying to appease the masses than he is an instructor of the game. Rick is one of the last great instructors around and kudos to him for sticking to his guns and doing things the way they should be done.

Return to “Boys Basketball”