All State

Re: EASTERN PIKE 2008/2009

Post by claypantherfan »

all right i know what ur talking about now thanks

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

Eaglesnest wrote:Just wandering. Has anyone heard if the move-in from waverly (Thornsberry kid) has enrolled in school yet?

Has anyone heard about the Christian school on 32 closing? I heard a Cisco kid from there was playing soccer for us and planning on playing b-ball. What grade is he in? What position does he play? Will he help the Eagles varsity?

Thanks.

And also i have spoken with Thornsberry and I believe he has enrolled.
Cisco has been playing varsity against schools from all around the tri-state area. I don't know how good he is but I think he will help our varstiy in the next few years. He is a shooting guard/power forward.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

how big is he

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

five eleven but he just turned fifteen so he still has some growth left in him.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Bad news in eagle land. I heard from a player that D. Hawks (soph.) had to move. Players told me he had really improved and was likely to get some varsity time for the Eagles. How bad will this hurt?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

This may hurt the eagles a couple years from now, but I don't see it being a significant difference this season. The eagles already have plenty of guards and with the move in of the thornsberry kid, I dont see where he would have seen much playing time at the varsity level. This will hurt the J.V. team though, as he would have been more than likely the starting point guard this year. Where did he move to anyway?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

J-Bird wrote:This may hurt the eagles a couple years from now, but I don't see it being a significant difference this season. The eagles already have plenty of guards and with the move in of the thornsberry kid, I dont see where he would have seen much playing time at the varsity level. This will hurt the J.V. team though, as he would have been more than likely the starting point guard this year. Where did he move to anyway?

J-Bird,

With what I seen out of Hawks last year I would agree with you. Just passing on what I heard. Some said that Hawks was an animal in the offseason (constantly at weight lifting and nearly every open gym) and that he had more than closed the gap with some of the juniors. Again, second hand info, but I heard that he had passed some folks up?

At the least, you are correct as it will be a blow to the JV and the program overall the next several years.....

crossover
Waterboy

Post by crossover »

This hurt the eagles very bad. Hawks would of seen alot of varsity playing time this year doubt he would of even played jv. Most people might not think so from what they seen last season but this kid has improved more than any other player on the team. With a little work on his outside shot he would be playing over any junior guard on the team except dewesse who is guard/forward.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Anyone here when the coaching staff is going to open the gym back up for the players?

bettis36
Waterboy

Post by bettis36 »

Anybody have their schedule?

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

Ok for all the talk about Dakota Hawks I'm just going to say it. Hawks was not all you guys are making him out to be. He moved to Batavia(the place he was at most of the summer when he wasn't working...he rarely went to open gyms). He wouldn't have seen much varsity time this year...I mean we didn't lose anyone and most of the guys moved up. I think he wouldn't have done us a whole lot of good beyond the jv level...we did just pick up Thornsberry from Waverly. And no he shouldn't be playing in front of anyone like Selbee or Edler because they know their roles and Hawks has yet to fully understand where he stands on the court. When he does do this he will be a beast for any team.

crossover
Waterboy

Post by crossover »

the_claw wrote:Ok for all the talk about Dakota Hawks I'm just going to say it. Hawks was not all you guys are making him out to be. He moved to Batavia(the place he was at most of the summer when he wasn't working...he rarely went to open gyms). He wouldn't have seen much varsity time this year...I mean we didn't lose anyone and most of the guys moved up. I think he wouldn't have done us a whole lot of good beyond the jv level...we did just pick up Thornsberry from Waverly. And no he shouldn't be playing in front of anyone like Selbee or Edler because they know their roles and Hawks has yet to fully understand where he stands on the court. When he does do this he will be a beast for any team.

sounds to me like there may be a little bit of jealousy going on.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I don't know about jealousy, but I had more than one player tell me that Hawks was at everything and I heard second hand that Fitch said Hawks did outwork his other guards this summer and he did outstanding at the team camp?

I don't guess it matters now. He's gone and we'll have to play with what we have got!

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Caw---you sound pretty sure of the guys you mentioned and them playing their roles---not so sure I agree there---for one thing role play by any player is done through maturity, understanding, and often times personal sacrifice.

I'd be curious to hear some names of other guys noted as role players in recent years.

losing Dakota will definitely hurt at any level he played.

Does anyone have this years schedule? School web site does not as yet--hearing talk that season may start earlier this year.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Claw---you sound pretty sure of the guys you mentioned and them playing their roles---not so sure I agree there---for one thing role play by any player is done through maturity, understanding, and often times personal sacrifice.

I'd be curious to hear some names of other guys noted as role players in recent years.

losing Dakota will definitely hurt at any level he played.

Does anyone have this years schedule? School web site does not as yet--hearing talk that season may start earlier this year.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

hey their eagle fans im a parent from latham i know you guys are down right now and for the next few years but your future is bright look at your 8th grade team LANDS,ALLEY,EDLER,TAVARES,PHIPPS,and in 9th WATTKINS thats allot of good talent with great parents and all these kids are good kids

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

lightle04 wrote:hey their eagle fans im a parent from latham i know you guys are down right now and for the next few years but your future is bright look at your 8th grade team LANDS,ALLEY,EDLER,TAVARES,PHIPPS,and in 9th WATTKINS thats allot of good talent with great parents and all these kids are good kids

That is a good group that is on the way. But, what do we do until then? Lay down? I think not!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

i dont think you will lay down its not in easterns blood to lay down i just hope that the comunity doesnt expect to much out of this current group because they are not near the standerd that has been set by the schools great past

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Lightle04, Eastern future looks bright over the next 3-4 years with the upcoming class, but no one should over look this years class. Eastern only won 4 games last year, but they only had three upperclassmen, all who were juniors and no seniors. The rest were made up of sophomores. A year's experience under there belt and I don't see any reason why this team can't compete and win the SOC this year. Talking and playing against some of they players, they have worked hard in the offseason and many of them have vastly improved from last year.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

lightle04 wrote:i dont think you will lay down its not in easterns blood to lay down i just hope that the comunity doesnt expect to much out of this current group because they are not near the standerd that has been set by the schools great past

Im tired of getting on here and people sayin how are team isnt any good cause its not true.. we got all the players to be a really good team.. Last year we just had no experience. starting 3 sophmores and 2 juniors. We had to much crying on are team last year and nobody besides bryan really worked hard.. Last year i was out of shape and played like a 3 year old but mark my words it wont be like that this year. as soon as golf is over im going to start lifting and running and im pretty sure bryan will to. Im just not going to risk breaking something playing basketball that wouldnt be good for my golf team. but we could win over 10 games or win the league or be like last year and win 4. its all on us not anyone else

Return to “Boys Basketball”