Eastern Pike 08-09

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: EASTERN PIKE 2008/2009

Post by Eaglesnest »

Well Eagle fans,

Now that we have a look at the schedule, What are your predictions. How many W's are possible for the Eagles this season?

What would be respectable?

What would be outstanding?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Wow, 5 of the 6 non-conference games are on the road. Obviously, the two holiday classic games are, but the eagles will also have to travel on 3 of their 4 regular non-conference games. Looks like a challenging schedule, but I have heard nothing but good things about this eagles team and they should be drasticly improved from last year.

southern ohio finest
Waterboy

Post by southern ohio finest »

my starting line up
pg- thornberrry
sg- derek lawhorn
sf- doug mcvae
pf- brian osborne
c- kevin montgomery
I think there bench will be much improved with helton coming off the bench to help run the point
Kole wheeler should share a lot of minutes with kevin
williams should help in the post as well he can also shoot the ball from deep but he's more of a spot up shooter

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

southern ohio finest wrote:my starting line up
pg- thornberrry
sg- derek lawhorn
sf- doug mcvae
pf- brian osborne
c- kevin montgomery
I think there bench will be much improved with helton coming off the bench to help run the point
Kole wheeler should share a lot of minutes with kevin
williams should help in the post as well he can also shoot the ball from deep but he's more of a spot up shooter

I don't know if I would start Doug Mcvey over Jacob Helton or Kole Wheeler. And in my opinion I would have Kole start ahead of Kevin. That's just my opinion. This team should be really deep this year so there should be some very good options for Coach Fitch.

seetherfan
Waterboy

Post by seetherfan »

my starting five would be
jordan thornsberry
jacob helton
nate deweese
bryan osborn
cole wheeler/brett williams

thats a fast athletic group that can put up some numbers if they play as a team

southern ohio finest
Waterboy

i would only start mcvae over helton because mcvae is tall and he will play the 3 spot
helton hasn't improved on his handling enough to be the starting point guard but helton will still share a lot of time with thornberry
it will be a hard decision for fitch to decide who starts but look at what he done last year a different line up every game
but if the kids dont practice hard why let them start and im not talking about the helton kid
i have heard for several years that kole wheeler does not go hard in practice but he does in the games i think it has to start in practice first
best of luck eastern basketball

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

seetherfan wrote:my starting five would be
jordan thornsberry
jacob helton
nate deweese
bryan osborn
cole wheeler/brett williams

thats a fast athletic group that can put up some numbers if they play as a team

I agree with this. These boys together would score and push the ball up the floor. I like this five

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

As far as a starting five goes, I will still stay with what I believed it should have been last year and in this year as well.
PG - Jacob Helton
SG - Derek Lawhorn
SF - Bryan Osborne
PF - Kole Wheeler
C - Kevin Montgomery

This gives the Eagles a lineup with a little bit of everything, size, speed, defense, rebounders, ball handlers and the ability to score the ball

Then Eastern has nice compliments comming off the bench as they should have a nine man rotation this year with Jordan Thornsberry, Nate Deweese, Doug Mcvey, and Bret Williams.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

J-Bird wrote:As far as a starting five goes, I will still stay with what I believed it should have been last year and in this year as well.
PG - Jacob Helton
SG - Derek Lawhorn
SF - Bryan Osborne
PF - Kole Wheeler
C - Kevin Montgomery

This gives the Eagles a lineup with a little bit of everything, size, speed, defense, rebounders, ball handlers and the ability to score the ball

Then Eastern has nice compliments comming off the bench as they should have a nine man rotation this year with Jordan Thornsberry, Nate Deweese, Doug Mcvey, and Bret Williams.

Several interesting lineups have been listed. I think that the number of players that could potentially contribute should help the eagles to "push" one another and get the best out of one another.

I think every combination may be possible, but I agree with j-bird that his proposal would give the eagles a good mix of size and quickness. It will be interesting how and where Thornsberry fits in and if Montgomery did anything to improve. If he didn't, I doubt he will be in the starting lineup because the way he plays tends to negate his size. However, if he would use it, his size could be a difference maker for the eagles.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I put Helton over Thornsberry at the PG spot because he is a senior and has more experience than Jordan right now. I agree with eaglesnest, that it will be interesting where thorsnberry fits in at. I can see him and helton sharing more minutes as the season progresses. Which would be a good thing, it would be good for Eastern to be able to put in fresh legs at the PG during games and give teams different looks without really having a drop in talent. As far as Montgomery improving, from some of the players I have talk to, they say he has really improved a lot over last year. They say he's played and worked hard this summer on his game. I seen him play a couple times and it did look like a completely different player from last year. This was in pick up games and not neccesarily an actual game like it would be during a season. Players play differently in different situations, but it looks like he has really improved.

deflaf22
Waterboy

Post by deflaf22 »

Coach Fitch will get a lot out of these boys. He is a hard worker and will do well.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I though helton was a junior?

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I am not an Eagle but I can tell you have a telented team coming into this season. KILLER schedule though-- but playing a puff schedule doesn't help your team. I can tell you coming from coaching circles you have a top notch coach there in Fitch. He will keep your kids on track. good luck to your team.

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

claypantherfan wrote:I though helton was a junior?

Nope he's a senior.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

the_claw wrote:
claypantherfan wrote:I though helton was a junior?

Nope he's a senior.

thanks for the info

southern ohio finest
Waterboy

sounds like the eagles are in some trouble now with 2 seniors kicked off the team and a junior

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

southern ohio finest wrote:sounds like the eagles are in some trouble now with 2 seniors kicked off the team and a junior

Can you say why?

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

claypantherfan wrote:
southern ohio finest wrote:sounds like the eagles are in some trouble now with 2 seniors kicked off the team and a junior

Can you say why?

no it doesnt matter why.. it only concerns EHS' basketball team ONLY!!
:)

southern ohio finest
Waterboy

not really sure, but i dont think its good
i heard everyone on the team could be in trouble

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

southern ohio finest wrote:not really sure, but i dont think its good
i heard everyone on the team could be in trouble

not to sound like a jerk or sumthin but lets drop this..

Return to “Boys Basketball”