Eastern Pike 08-09

easternclaw
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Pike 08-09

Post by easternclaw »

Forewarning, if you have been going to any of the open gyms or know anything about their conditioning, you should know Osborne is not Eastern's best player... anymore. Ask any coach or player.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

okok, I'm not here to bash Eastern, I just dont think they have , or had as much talent as Western.
-I'm not saying they cant beat Western either, although I do doubt it.....

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

cooper lol u only got like an inch on me

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Cooper? Kier.

Osborne23
Waterboy

Post by Osborne23 »

easternclaw wrote:Forewarning, if you have been going to any of the open gyms or know anything about their conditioning, you should know Osborne is not Eastern's best player... anymore. Ask any coach or player.

Forewarning, any of you who have been goin to the open gyms would know that i have not been there in the first place to compare myself with anyone with the situation that happened. Its because of people like you i was in that situation! I know you are one of my teammates and I dont know what your problem is but pm me or give me a call and we'll talk out whatever you have against me. Eastern will have an outstanding team this year but with guys like you who are always bringing the rest of us down could ruin a great season that alot of people are looking forward to. So if you care about your team you will stop!

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

60ft.6in. wrote:Please, don't try to act tough behind your keyboard. There obviously is no problem, I just seen in the baseball forum where toro loco mentioned deweese, so I thought that may have been him. But please dont try to act like a tough guy when your such a small fellow. :lol:
60ft.6in. wrote:okok, I'm not here to bash Eastern, I just dont think they have , or had as much talent as Western.
-I'm not saying they cant beat Western either, although I do doubt it.....

If you're not here to bash Eastern, you're not doing the best job of it because you obviously don't see that you just slammed Deweese after all he did was try to tell you that it wasn't him making those comments.

And we don't need to think about who is the "best" player. We need to focus on how our team is going to go into each game and how well they carry out that attitude.

Osborne23
Waterboy

Post by Osborne23 »

I agree with you punisher. Thats what i was trying to state. A TEAM cant focus on their best player cause it takes 5 guys to win games.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Punisher- I just thought that it sounded like he was being a tough guy because he said "PM me if you have a problem", so I said what I thought. The only person that I bashed was Toro Loco and I don't even know who that is , I dont really care either. Also, I already talked to Deweese and there is no problem. If you guys thought that I slammed him then I apologize...The only thing I was saying on this thread is the "talent" situation between Western and Eastern, not to slam anyone or team. Actually I think Eastern will be pretty good this year if they play consistant. But will they beat Western? We'll have to see.

-I really dont even care about this post I just wanted to say what I thought about the comparison between Eastern and Westerns talent---Done Commenting

-Good Luck

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Forewarning, if you have been going to any of the open gyms or know anything about their conditioning, you should know Osborne is not Eastern's best player... anymore. Ask any coach or player.

You guys are right about not needing to focus on the best player but the team overall, but I just thought that I needen to say one thing. I disagree with you eagleclaw. Accept that he is your playmaker, play your roll as best that you can (if you play, if not then the rest of the team), then enjoy the victories. Thats what I did when I played with Micheal and Jeremy, I didn't care at all, I loved to win. Same way as my senior year, I wasn't the best "Basketball Talent" Vince was, I didn't care I just played as hard as I could, then at the end we got a chance to go back to the convo....If you guys dont worry about who is the best and just accept your roll, you could be pretty good.....Now I'm done commenting.... :122245

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

60ft.6in. wrote:Punisher- I just thought that it sounded like he was being a tough guy because he said "PM me if you have a problem", so I said what I thought. The only person that I bashed was Toro Loco and I don't even know who that is , I dont really care either. Also, I already talked to Deweese and there is no problem. If you guys thought that I slammed him then I apologize...The only thing I was saying on this thread is the "talent" situation between Western and Eastern, not to slam anyone or team. Actually I think Eastern will be pretty good this year if they play consistant. But will they beat Western? We'll have to see.

-I really dont even care about this post I just wanted to say what I thought about the comparison between Eastern and Westerns talent---Done Commenting

-Good Luck

Ok man I just didn't know the degree of what you were getting at there.

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: EASTERN PIKE 2008/2009

Post by Eaglesnest »

the_claw wrote:
tad23 wrote:
southern ohio finest wrote:not really sure, but i dont think its good
i heard everyone on the team could be in trouble

not to sound like a jerk or sumthin but lets drop this..

Yes I agree this topic doesnt need to be discussed on here. It is nobody's business but the teams.

Man,

I've been gone a while. Looks like alot has been going on?

I don't care what the issue is, but is everything ok now?

As to the arguments regarding "talent" and comparing us to Western....I am a die hard eagle fan now, but I agree that on paper last year and this year Western appears more talented.

However, more talent does not always spell victory. That is why we play the games! That is why it will be an even sweeter "W" when the eagles pull at least 1 game out against Western this year :lol:

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I heard the Eagles are suppose to have a game on the 17th against Wellston at home. I heard this is a charity game and not going to go against either teams record, but is to be played like an actual game. Does anyone have any more info on this?

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

I heard that the Eagles picked up a big man freshman from Clay that might help them out in the future at the varsity level...Any thought on this?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Regaurding the Wellston scrimmage, it has been cancelled now. I believe their first scrimmage is the 21st against wheelersburg.

Punisher, how tall is the kid and when did he move to eastern?

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

He is about 6-1 or so.
He's built strong and should be a good help to the jv team.
He barely made it....just came in today for the last day of conditioning.

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

The Punisher wrote:He is about 6-1 or so.
He's built strong and should be a good help to the jv team.
He barely made it....just came in today for the last day of conditioning.

i heard he is colby lykins cousin..is it true??? :arrow: :122249

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

The Punisher wrote:I heard that the Eagles picked up a big man freshman from Clay that might help them out in the future at the varsity level...Any thought on this?

Who is it from clay that went there

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

claypantherfan wrote:
The Punisher wrote:I heard that the Eagles picked up a big man freshman from Clay that might help them out in the future at the varsity level...Any thought on this?

billy lykins

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

tad23 wrote:
claypantherfan wrote:

billy lykins

when did this happen he lives in clay school distrtict

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

just yesterday and he moved in with his dad which is in the Eastern district i do believe

Return to “Boys Basketball”