Eastern Pike 08-09

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern Pike 08-09

Post by Pringles105 »

some one hacked my profile i didnt write any of that stuff that was up.

crossover
Waterboy

Post by crossover »

Has there been any scrimages yet?

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

yeah there has been a couple of scrimages

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

How is Billy Lykins Coming along up there

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

He is doin pretty good a reliable post player

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

that is good to hear

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

I'm sure he appreciates your concern for him.
He seems to like it here at Eastern.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

From what I have heard these kids have been working extremely hard at practice and I look for them to turn many heads if they play smart and execute the game plan efficiently. I am looking forward to watching this team grow throughout the season and for coming years!!!

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

My question is who will be the starting five and who will be responsible for bringing the ball up the floor? Then who will be the first guys off the bench?

My thoughts on the starting five:

Thornsberry (Point)
Osborne (Forward)
Montgomery ( Center)
McVey (Guard)
Wheeler (Forward)

echick
Waterboy

Post by echick »

Osborneis an amazing player. People need to appreciate him(and williams) staying at Eastern after all they put him through.
Osborne Helton and Williams all have worked hard for our team and I hope they kick butt this year! Deweese made a smart move for himself. Eastern basketball ISN'T everything! These boys are headed to college and Osborne is focused on that.
There is talent in the young boys like (Montgomery mostly) but the others have too big of a fuss made about them.
Eastern lost a wonderful coach so these boys need to remember what Caldwell taught and go with that.

echick
Waterboy

Post by echick »

OneBunter wrote:My question is who will be the starting five and who will be responsible for bringing the ball up the floor? Then who will be the first guys off the bench?

My thoughts on the starting five:

Thornsberry (Point)
Osborne (Forward)
Montgomery ( Center)
McVey (Guard)
Wheeler (Forward)

Nice line-up

EaglePride
Waterboy

Post by EaglePride »

:lol: well i think your line up is a little off....i think you forgot about Helton...people don't give him enough credit he is a hard worker and a good leader for the team.....

And another thing, yes caldwell was a great coach...but coaches come and go...I think the coaching staff they have now is quite respectable....Matt Hines is a member of Easterns 1000 point club...Dustten Alley is also a member of the 1000 point club and a member of Easterns Hall of Fame....Then Fitch was a very respectable player back in his day...So I think people need to look at the coaching staffs track records and realize that these guys know what they are talking about....They are there for they guys and want to see them improve...

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

echick wrote:Osborneis an amazing player. People need to appreciate him(and williams) staying at Eastern after all they put him through.
Osborne Helton and Williams all have worked hard for our team and I hope they kick butt this year! Deweese made a smart move for himself. Eastern basketball ISN'T everything! These boys are headed to college and Osborne is focused on that.
There is talent in the young boys like (Montgomery mostly) but the others have too big of a fuss made about them.
Eastern lost a wonderful coach so these boys need to remember what Caldwell taught and go with that.

Echick, that has to be the most devisive post you could have possibly made before the season starts?

Caldwell was a good coach(unless you listen to some people in the stands when he was here). Recommending they listen to Caldwell instead of Fitch and Hines.....not good I'm certain for team unity and probably their playing time. If they do that, then they better go suit up for Southern. Again ,not a knock on Caldwell, but I read in the program last season that Fitch coached under Strickland and Scarberry. Do your homework...they are two of the finest that have coached in southern Ohio. You add to that Hines. and his college experience..I think our team is in very capable hands.

Also, Eastern somehow owes Osborne and Williams for staying at Eastern? Appreciated them.....yes! Indebted to them.....no! That "individual" thnking is what ruins teams now adays.
Give me a break!

Besides all that, who put them through anything?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

No kid is owed anything! The reason i say this is the fact that there must be loyalty, committment, hard work, and TEAM. No kid makes himself better by just working hard, it takes all his teammates, for the individual must compete to win that starting spot and without that competition the young man does not have the desire to work hard.

Also must say we need to quit the negativity and quit living in the past. We must move forward starting today, if we do not then at some point we are going to end up be the laughter of sports.

I think if a kid wants to play sports and has the PASSION, then it should not matter who the Coach is, for the kid should respect and listen to the coach, then go out and give his very best each day and that is all that can be asked by anyone. We all have our good days and bad, but we must remember we win and lose as a team!!!!

I must also comment on the statement made in one of the postings of what a couple of students have been put through. Not knowing and do not want to know!

We must remember we have freedom of CHOICE and we must be ACCOUNTABLE for our actions. To finish just remember that when you are in certain situations you as an individual make the final decision of to do or not to do, not anyone else. We all know right from wrong. Again it comes back to CHOICE and ACCOUNTABLE for our actions.

BigBlack
Waterboy

Post by BigBlack »

Eaglenest,
You must not know what happened. The situation was handled the wrong way by the coaches. You cant dismiss a player from a team because of hearsay bottom line! Those boys were given a rep that they didnt deserve. So for those of you who dont know anything Osborne and Williams need to be appreciated in the Eastern School district. Osborne is by far the best and most talented player on that team and thats just a simple fact! I know basketball is a team sport but in order for Eastern to have a successfull season Osborne is goin to have to take control of everygame and the other 4 are just need to play their rolls. Nobody else on the team has the ability to take over a game by theirself. Bryan is a special player and certain people will realize that after he graduates.
Last edited by BigBlack on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigBlack
Waterboy

Post by BigBlack »

EaglePride wrote::lol: well i think your line up is a little off....i think you forgot about Helton...people don't give him enough credit he is a hard worker and a good leader for the team.....

And another thing, yes caldwell was a great coach...but coaches come and go...I think the coaching staff they have now is quite respectable....Matt Hines is a member of Easterns 1000 point club...Dustten Alley is also a member of the 1000 point club and a member of Easterns Hall of Fame....Then Fitch was a very respectable player back in his day...So I think people need to look at the coaching staffs track records and realize that these guys know what they are talking about....They are there for they guys and want to see them improve...

I agree about Helton being in the starting lineup. He is a returning senior point guard he needs to be on the court. I have coached him he is an outstanding worker and definitely a good leader.

It's hard to replace such a good coach like Caldwell but Fitch is still young as a coach.
Fitch will learn as he goes and will do just fine. He knows basketball and has good coaching skills. People expected a little too much out of him and his ball team last season but this season will be different.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

BigBlack, your not serious, right? I don't want to get into the incident, because thers is a lot of information that you ommited, and I disagree with you on how it was handled. At first the punishments were too stiff, but now they seem to be reasonable. I know you are probably either parent, relation, or close friend to the osborne family (Which I'm sure you will deny). But the simple statement that this team would be nothing without Osborne is a bit ludacris. Bryan is an excellent player and ONE of the best players on the team. He is not a Zac Alexander or a Matt Hines where he clearly seperates himself from the other players. There is a group of 3-4 Eagles that could lead them on any given night. Basketball is a TEAM sport and it takes more than one player taking over a game to win. If the eagles want to win this season they will have to play as a team and think as a team. With P.J.'s second year at the helm, this team should be better now with year 2 under his system.

basketball 101
Waterboy

Post by basketball 101 »

i was wondering if anyone has a schedule of eastern's basketball team and where to get one at

BigBlack
Waterboy

Post by BigBlack »

Yes I am close to the Osborne family but no relation. I never said the team would be nothing without Bryan. I said he needs to take over in order for them to be very successfull and i by that i dont mean chuck up 30 shots a game. That is only the truth! You can deny it because someone close to you plays on the team and you can't face reality. He is the best player but not the only player and someone else will have to step up next year and take his spot. Basketball is a team sport but every team has a go to guy and roll players and Osborne is the go to guy that just how it is get over it! Anyone who watches the games will back me up and I'm not talking about family members of players. Eastern has more than 3-4 players who can throw in good numbers but you just cant compare any of the other players with him. Osborne is a 4 year varsity player and every other player only has 1 or 2 at the most years of varsity experience, you just cant do it! And its not like his freshman and sophmore years his teams were weak, won a SOC title both seasons. Started as a sophmore and was 6th or 7th man as a frosh. Eastern has a load of talent not just Osborne so dont put words in my mouth. What would Western be without Vince Shanks? What would of New Boston been without Josh Howell. What would Clay been 3 years ago without Cam Throughman? And oh yea he isn't 6'5 either!!

basketball 101
Waterboy

Post by basketball 101 »

well said bigblack. I think eastern needs to work more as a team and work the ball especially inside, but im very excitied to watch this team play this year

Return to “Boys Basketball”