Belpre Eagles 2008-2009

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre Eagles 2008-2009

Post by EasternDspy »

WBurg was alright but there is no way they should have been beat as bad as they did.FF would of matched up really well with W-Burg.They were mostly a one man team with a couple of shooters.It would of been a much closer game FF vs WBURG then Belpre vs Wburg.FF lost to TV by 1 TV lost to Garaway by 5 and WBURG lost 2 Ready who was beat by Garaway.It would of been a close game.I think the Southeast distirct might be the worst district around.I said all season Tusky Valley,Garaway,or FF would go to state and I was correct.Warren would have beat Wburg in a close game if they played.Belpre plays no defense and that never changed all season.You lost to a horrible Marietta team.Belpre might win 12 games next seaosn but people that say 16 or higher are crazy.

Hebb and Grant V will have there way with a weaker Belpre team next season.Sims lost all that weight and he got worse as a player.Well in some cases he was better but he made Belpre lose toughness and rebounding.

Fort Frye will shoot circles around Belpre with 5 to 7 perimeter guys plus 4 starters back.I remember last season everyone was on the Belpre high horse going into the first game as they got beat even with Micah.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Without Sims Belpre will struggle to win 10 games.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

EasternDspy wrote:Without Sims Belpre will struggle to win 10 games.

There you did it!!!!!!! You've lost ALL CREDABILITY NOW!!!

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

belpre will win ten games...
not because they are a top team in washington county
but because the tvc is pretty bad
i'm not sure what vc has next year. miegs will be good, i saw them play warren last year.

belpre will probably be top three tvc, and therefore win ten games

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

tribetime wrote:belpre will win ten games...
not because they are a top team in washington county
but because the tvc is pretty bad
i'm not sure what vc has next year. miegs will be good, i saw them play warren last year.

belpre will probably be top three tvc, and therefore win ten games

I AM SOOOOO GONNA SAVE THIS POST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Captain Jack wrote:Alexander will be the best team in the TVC Ohio next season. Belpre will be competing with Meigs and VC for 2nd place.

Captain Jack............. You are right on the money!!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

I wish Reggie Sims the best at PHS. You will diffently be missed. Good luck. But, the cupburd isn't bare. There is alot of talent at belpre, so we will see what happens. GO EAGLES

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre played at the Marietta College Shootout today and finished 2nd to Parkersburg South. Played really well at times and got to see some of the younger kids get some time.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Belpre played well @ the Marietta College Shootout Sat. I saw for the first time in a L-O-N-G time 5 guys just wanting to play basketball. No crying or throwing a fit. Belpre will be very versatile this year. Our point guard situation seems better at the early stage. Our rebounding looked decent but will be ready. I'm not sure what the starting 5 is slated to be, but the 5 that started against Hundred played very well. Work hard Eagles......

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

justlookin wrote:Belpre played well @ the Marietta College Shootout Sat. I saw for the first time in a L-O-N-G time 5 guys just wanting to play basketball. No crying or throwing a fit. Belpre will be very versatile this year. Our point guard situation seems better at the early stage. Our rebounding looked decent but will be ready. I'm not sure what the starting 5 is slated to be, but the 5 that started against Hundred played very well. Work hard Eagles......

Coach Plummer's style is starting to take seed. You can see it in the kids play and their attitudes. Markie Tate and Erik Waderker played very well, I thought. Both kids showed the ability to knock down the open 3 ball as well as penatrate the lane with the basketball and create oportunities for the rest of the team as well as themselves. Tate's mid range game is really nice and Waderker showed he'll be a big factor defensivly. Scott Loyland and Jared Azar displayed some very nice passing to go along with rebounding the basketball. I thought RaShawn Miller, Tyler Leasure and Kelvin Eaton all have improved since last season and should contribute nicely this season.

You're right "justlookin" last few seasons the teams played selfish basketball. One or two passes and a shot was going up.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

the starting 5 should be:
PG- Erik Waderker, soph.
G- Markie Tate, jun.
F-Scott Loyland, sen.
F- Tyler Watkins, soph.
C- Jared Azar, sen.
- Kelvin Eaton, sen.
- Tyler Leasure, jun.
- Rashawn Miller, soph.
- Pat Slattery, jun.
- Jordan Williams, jun.
- Clay Ullman, soph.

bench is very inexperienced with relatively no varsity experience. But all 5 projected starters started a game last year. And freshman Jace Knost could take the last spot on the varsity squad.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:the starting 5 should be:
PG- Erik Waderker, soph.
G- Markie Tate, jun.
F-Scott Loyland, sen.
F- Tyler Watkins, soph.
C- Jared Azar, sen.
- Kelvin Eaton, sen.
- Tyler Leasure, jun.
- Rashawn Miller, soph.
- Pat Slattery, jun.
- Jordan Williams, jun.
- Clay Ullman, soph.

bench is very inexperienced with relatively no varsity experience. But all 5 projected starters started a game last year. And freshman Jace Knost could take the last spot on the varsity squad.

You're forgetting Channing Parsons............. He'll be the backup guard to Tate and Waderker. Chan dressed last season. Ullman and Knost will both be on the jv squad

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

tt
Last edited by Eagles20 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

belprefamily
Waterboy

Post by belprefamily »

HMMMM. for one eagle20 i was at that ripley game and tate had no 27 points scott dominated if anyone. SECOND Im at almost all the PHS games and at the south shootout PHS beat ripley by twenty. SO before you post information make sure you got your facts straight. And you forgot to say that belpre could not play on the same floor as parkersburg both times PHS played them belpre lost by 15 or more mind you that parkersburg's JV played the second half.

belprefamily
Waterboy

Post by belprefamily »

ohh and i forgot. I keep stats for PHS and they held markie to under 8 each game.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Thank You for the corrections much appreciated

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

I sure am glad championships aren't won in June. I saw a Belpre team that split it's squad so everyone would get significant playing time. And as far as PHS goes it doesn't matter what they do, they can't get out of their sectional. Let's compare apples to oranges. Most if not all of Belpre's games were against D-I schools at the OU camp.PHS & Ripley are class "AAA".You take Belpre which in WV would be an "A" school. I don't believe this camp was set up to build up fantasy stats for your Yahoo league.

belprefamily
Waterboy

Post by belprefamily »

Exactly!!! Why must parents, well, Let me just say one at the OU camp(eagle 20), must we say the name? Everyone knows who we are talking about. Anyway, the remarks made about other games and players were just terrible, why do you find it necessary to speak about kids, who have done nothing to you, but to just make your son not shine like you seem to think he does. Talent is talent, maybe you need to just focus on making him become a better ball player, in stead of trying to hurt other kids,

Return to “Boys Basketball”