All Conference

Vinton County 65 Meigs 24 @ halftime

Post by Skiisme »

On fire on all ends of the court!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton County 65 Meigs 24 @ halftime

Post by Dundas »

I will never understand this team..one game they look like they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, then the next game, they can't miss. I just don't get it...

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

90-28 at the end of 3

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

That is what I have said the whole season. They can compete with the best teams around if they can play a complete game

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

103-49 final

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I would've never guessed this team would have had a snowballs chance in Panama at scoring triple digits this year...let alone tie the all time VC record at 103. If they could only bottle this momentum up and use it the rest of the year! All I can say is come tourney time if VC is matched up against a "big dog" ie Logan elm or warren, they had better bring their a game because VC is capable. Inconsistent, but very, very capable. Congrats on a great game boys!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

this is more about how bad meigs is than how good vc is. this season can't end quickly enough.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Meigs is a fair team but VC was firing on all cylinders in the first half.
Last edited by Skiisme on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The Vikings were led by sophomore Alex Owings with 19, then the big three, Ryan Chesser, L.B. Remy, and Jordan Kidd had 16 apiece. Also, every Viking was able to score and first year player and senior Tyler Dunlap grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Vikings. The stat of the night was the Vikings were 14 of 22 from behind the arc for 63.6%. The 14 treys is a new school record breaking the old record of 13 done three other times, 2/9/2007 vs Wellston, 2/17/2004 vs Alexander, and 1/19/1995 vs Nelsonville-York. Also, the 103 points matches a school record, previously recorded three times; 1/27/1968 vs Meigs, 1/27/1994 vs Meigs, 1/18/2008 vs Nelsonville-York, and tonight.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

fasteach wrote:this is more about how bad meigs is than how good vc is. this season can't end quickly enough.

AMEN to that

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It is probably more about how bad Meigs is, but 103 is still 103 so it shows how good VC is or somebody else would have put up 100 on them by now

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like a fun fast-paced night for VC. 24 points at half is a good bit for Meigs and not sure how they even got to 49. Sometimes when the offense is so silly hot the defense may slack off some.

65 points against anyone in the first half is crazy!

You guys might play LE tight.....but Warren being in single digits for margin would surprise me.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote:Sounds like a fun fast-paced night for VC. 24 points at half is a good bit for Meigs and not sure how they even got to 49. Sometimes when the offense is so silly hot the defense may slack off some.
None of the starters played together in the second half and no starter or the sixth or seventh guy saw the fourth quarter. Plus Meigs had a couple of young shooters that shot the three-ball well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Jackson was like 8/12 shooting the 3s vs Meigs....everyone was hitting. Fun game for the kids. The VC kids will never forget it either I imagine.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

@ Ironman. VC played lights out in the first half. A few starters saw a couple of minutes in the third quarter. JV and a couple non-starters finished the game for 2/3 of the third and all of the fourth. Vinton County can play great basketball at times. They are just very inconsistent, as they have shown at times during this season. They are playing good basketball right now. Hopefully the momentum will continue, as they just recently were on a 7 game road trip. 4 more home games and a game at Wellston to finish the season. The districts are going to be insane!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No doubt....Combs wouldn't run it up on anyone. I just know that Meigs, even though they played hard were just not good. I don't know their other contests but teams seem to be lights out against Meigs.

Best of luck to VC the rest of the year.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

ive always sed combs was the man! should be coachin the girls also. my cousin delmar was at the game he sed the only mistake combs had made was wearing some wimpy baby blue shirt with a blue tie. he sed that the little fella that follows combs a'round at least had a maroon shirt on. delmar sed that combs may have been hidin blue cheese stanes from dinner, he herd that the man likes to eat and that he is regularly a pee eye gee, pig.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Sounds like a fun fast-paced night for VC. 24 points at half is a good bit for Meigs and not sure how they even got to 49. Sometimes when the offense is so silly hot the defense may slack off some.

65 points against anyone in the first half is crazy!

You guys might play LE tight.....but Warren being in single digits for margin would surprise me.
I don't think VC would see either one of those teams I92 ... Its looking like New Lex, Gallia and Athens will end up as the 8/9 and 7 seeds ... The Vikings will most likely end up being the 6 seed playing a Sheridan or a Fairfield Union for the right to go to the Convo.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Dundas wrote:I would've never guessed this team would have had a snowballs chance in Panama at scoring triple digits this year...let alone tie the all time VC record at 103. If they could only bottle this momentum up and use it the rest of the year! All I can say is come tourney time if VC is matched up against a "big dog" ie Logan elm or warren, they had better bring their a game because VC is capable. Inconsistent, but very, very capable. Congrats on a great game boys!
Howdy my friend. I always said this team needs to run! I know there it is hard to compare 7th grade basketball to high school varsity basketball, but this group in the 7th grade always scored in the 60's, and a few games in the 70's with 6-minute quarters and that was playing entire team. I know these kids can score. When they run and gun they are at their best, quick pass in and kick out to open shooter swish 3 points.
When they play like this they are very hard to defend. The first Athens game (2nd half) was similar against a much better team.

GO VIKES

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its tough to get out and run through 20 games if you only go 7 deep ... Maybe Matt is smarter than most give him credit for ... lol ... Maybe he had the strategy planned from day 1 ... 'Learn and know how to play in the half-court for 15 games - then turn em lose down the stretch heading into the tourney.'

Return to “Boys Basketball”