Incoming Freshman

sprt4life
Waterboy

Re: Incoming Freshman

Post by sprt4life »

joe_tornadoe wrote:Southern's entire freshman class that plays b-ball this year should really help the program. Especially Andrew Roseberry who is a great PG and Ethan Martin who is a 3-Point machine and a good mid-range shooter also.

i watched southern play this summer in the ravenswood summer league and there was no great freshman. i seen andrew come into the game very little, if at all. he wont be a threat at the varsity level. and if i remember in eigth grade last year lost to a very poor eastern team who only one three games.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

Eastern Pike has another good freshman Jason Hollaway he is a under rated player has a good jumpshot and at times shows pretty good finishing ability. 5'6''

Now some of the others

Caleb Watkins-a good defensive player when he wants to be but mainly is a scorer 5'11''

Blake Roberts-he can do a bit of everything block shots,rebound ect. 5'10''

Zack Bobst-a good rebounder hustles and plays some good defense 5'9''

Mat Shaw-can rebound fairly well and a good physical defender 5'10''

Zack Garrison-new to the game but has a good jump shot and he is quick and gets steals 5'5''

This team is little but is used to playing with 5-6 players on their team the whole season though their short they have plenty of speed and have a lot of transition ability in seventh they won no games and then came Dustten Alley which was a great coach for the boys though they started 1 and 6 but the turned it around and went 6 and 1 to even the record out and go .500

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Someone told me the wheelersburg boy (Whitly)blew out a knee and will be out for a while. I hope this is not true- anyone know?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Pringles105 im pretty familiar with the team the thing that helped turn the season for this group was the moveing up of CHAD LANDS most likely the best jr high player in the soc . wait till high school when they all are together again.WOW they will be good!

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

lightle04 wrote:Pringles105 im pretty familiar with the team the thing that helped turn the season for this group was the moveing up of CHAD LANDS most likely the best jr high player in the soc . wait till high school when they all are together again.WOW they will be good!

true lightle...
he did help eastern get up and down the court a couple games and made a decent impact ..
i believe he did score a couple times..
he played at notre dame when watkins was returning from injury.
watkins only played a couple minutes of the first quarter and came into the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter and dropped 15 pts. from the 3 line. i believed they lost by 6 and they was down by atleast 15..

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

most definiaty lightle Chad Lands is a very good player and i am also very familar with the entire team but it wasnt just Lands i noticed that they started playing as a team more and it definitly helped them win

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

you are absolutely correct when we plated them the first time they were a one man show and one man can't do it all the next time we seen them the whole team was involved and boy what a difference.

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Pringles105 wrote:most definiaty lightle Chad Lands is a very good player and i am also very familar with the entire team but it wasnt just Lands i noticed that they started playing as a team more and it definitly helped them win

agreed pringles....they played very well together... do u remember the notre dame game at notre dame??
harsh loss... but they were making a nice comeback..

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

they were Tad23 how much did they lose by 6 tell you what that Caleb Watkins can really hit them threes

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Pringles105 wrote:they were Tad23 how much did they lose by 6 tell you what that Caleb Watkins can really hit them threes

true i have noticed that.... but u got matt shaw and zack bobst in the post and zack bobst gettin every rebound that dont go right to matts hands.
blake roberts takin it 2 the whole occasionally and jason holloway that does a little now and then,

but i would have to say that zack bobst is pretty fast to be a center...surprising...and hes a little bit short

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

yeah he is short but he makes up his lack og height with hustle
Last edited by Pringles105 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Pringles105 wrote:yeah he is short and weird

y do u say that???

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

i know him pretty well he is somthing else at times :122245
Last edited by Pringles105 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Pringles105 wrote:i know him pretty well he is somthing else at times

oh..lol

:lol:

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

malik london is good but he is also the tallest in his conference(freshman class) it aint very hard to block shots when your taller than everyone but still he is good and athletic

?whoknows?
Waterboy

Post by ?whoknows? »

Jonathan Skidmore, josh coen, austin russel, wesley dixon, zach holsinger, chris saylor, tyler hatfield are all good for fed

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

pringles...apparently London blocks the shots of his peers as well b/c after the AAU season his biggest ability was described as great shot blocking instincts. A buddy of mine was an all american at Rio Grande, is 30 years old, and still quite the player. he's assisting Chilli this year coaching and has said that London is blocking anything in his area and has dunked on him a few times in practice/open gyms. London was also a guest at OSU for several football games this year with Thad Matta. He's a legit big time PROSPECT. nothing is guaranteed. but he's a very big prospect.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

ignert1 wrote:Almost forgot, the best player I seen this year was Zaide Whitley from Wheelersburg. He was playing up a year in AAU ball and still scoring 20 plus points a game. Can hit the three with a man in his face. Good hustle, good ball handler. I look for him to start varsity at Whbg.

you said it, I seen the kid score 36 at a tourney, he could not miss

Return to “Boys Basketball”