Final: @ Portsmouth 69 Warren 66

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Re: Warren @ Portsmouth, 1/27

Post by Warrior in WV »

Numbers don't lie... What is the head to head record of Warren vs Portsmouth since they joined the SEOAL?

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Please don't lump all Warrior fans in the obnoxious catagory. This game is going to be a dogfight. If Warren thinks that their blowout over Belpre is going to prepare them for this game they are sadly mistaken. I love Warren, but they really need to add some games to their schedule, and I don't mean teams like Belpre(nothing against Belpre. Coach Thornhill is going to do great things there.) Warren really needs to add some tougher teams to prepare them for tournament time. We seem to always get to the Convo, but then we choke. You get better by playing better teams not teams you can blowout. The boys have had some time off with cancelling of games and sickness. I by all means want Warren to win this game, but I also don't have rose colored glasses on.....Best of luck to the Warriors and safe travels to everyone!

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

slimgarrett wrote:Please don't lump all Warrior fans in the obnoxious catagory. This game is going to be a dogfight. If Warren thinks that their blowout over Belpre is going to prepare them for this game they are sadly mistaken. I love Warren, but they really need to add some games to their schedule, and I don't mean teams like Belpre(nothing against Belpre. Coach Thornhill is going to do great things there.) Warren really needs to add some tougher teams to prepare them for tournament time. We seem to always get to the Convo, but then we choke. You get better by playing better teams not teams you can blowout. The boys have had some time off with cancelling of games and sickness. I by all means want Warren to win this game, but I also don't have rose colored glasses on.....Best of luck to the Warriors and safe travels to everyone!
Regardless of my thoughts, this should be a good game! Much respect.to you Slim and da Warrior fans.

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

This game is EASILY winnable for Portsmouth. In case anyone forgot, Portsmouth was up by 15 the first meeting.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Any radio coverage tonite?

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

y'all posting score updates here tonight?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

27-26 Warren at the half

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

hiabuckeye wrote:Any radio coverage tonite?
1260AM is airing it live. Portsmouth radio station. I am listening to it on the internet. WNXT

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

Coach Maddux chokes again! Not enough Subing at end and failed to coach his men on defense to get back in the end.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What?

Ridiculous.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

69-66 Final. Portsmouth wins

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren hit around 13 3-pointers

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Portsmouth is improving and are going to make a long tourney run!

mark
Waterboy

Post by mark »

Schnellfritz wrote:Warren hit around 13 3-pointers
13 for 17 wow

mark
Waterboy

Re: Final: @ Portsmouth 69 Warren 66

Post by mark »

what a player hastie is. I hope his injury is not severe.
Last edited by mark on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Warren went 13 for 17 from 3 point land,,and again Hastie was a big part of it,,he wa carried of with seconds left with an ankle injury,I sure hope it is not serious.

Warren did a nice job on Dion, who did not score any points in the first half, but played hard and gave us points at crucial times in the second half.

as we have been talking about for the last few weeks, Zaide Whitley has became our 3rd scorer with another double figure night scoring 12, also, Jalen Kennedy came of the bench for 11 I think,these 2 players alonmg with Duke Edwards, has gave us the boost we needed in the second half of season.

best of luck to Warren, they have a great team and will be fine.

Trojans, keep working!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was the Portsmouth-Warren Local reserve score? Thanks.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojandave, wont be able to get to a computer untill moinday, but wantred me conratulate the Trojans on the win,and also give big props to a great Warren team and coaches for not giving up, sais he has not sen any team shoot like that ever against us at our place,and good luck to you.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

glad to sneak over and catch the second half of this contest-- FLAT OUT one of the best half's of HS hoops I've seen in years and years. Warren was throwin' darts and PHS was answering every call. Just a joy to watch. a fantastic HS basketball game. hats off to both teams.

and to whoever made a comment about the Warren coach "choking" you are a total idiot and please go away. you must be drunk or something... MD

Return to “Boys Basketball”