Re: Symmes Valley @ Coal Grove (1/21)

Post by iam4osu »

Like to see the Vikings play some good ol team ball and
make this a game this time around!!!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

The first time the game would get close and the hornets would pull away. The score ended at 61-50. But the vikings sure did play hard.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

CG-15
SC 13
After 1

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Coal Grove shooters went cold

At the half

SV 34
CG 29

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

After 3

SV 46
CG 43

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

CG 60
SV 60

Headin to overtime at the Grove

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

At the end of OT

CG-73
SV - 69

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Hard to beat a seven man starting five! If it wasnt for the old man ref the other two would have made sure of the outcome alot earlier.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Give me a break i knew some way some how this was going to be said. Yes calls were missed ans made both ways. Nobody wants to hear someone rant and rave on how the team they came to watch got screwed out of the win.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

VIKING GRAD wrote:Hard to beat a seven man starting five! If it wasnt for the old man ref the other two would have made sure of the outcome alot earlier.
Really surprised this hasn' been mentioned before!
Lol the fat guy with chubby cheeks does ovc games is just bad! But the one guy with the hi lites in his hair is a cheater and a CG homer! Coal Grove is the only place i have seen him do a game he is horrendous!
But! Thats high school basketball and you have to over come bad homerisms on the road.

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Yes calls were missed both ways, against us and for CG. Come on. You dont stop a game twice so the refs can discuss how to proceed with their wrong calls. On one they took away a point from SV because they decided CG did not have enough time to put a sub in. "It was the front end of a two shot foul" On the other the ref grabbed the ball after CG missed the front of a 1&1. If it wasnt for the old guy the other two would have given the ball back to CG. You also dont call walking on a player who does not have control of the ball (twice in 4th) We somehow had 31 turnovers and still managed to hold our own. We also know about the refs calling most of the non conference CG games. CG made more FT's than SV shot,(17) and CG missed some foul shot! They were 20 of 33. We were 12 of 17. Twice as many foul shots as SV. Look at the numbers and tell me we didnt get some home cookin at the Grove. Am I whinning, you bet I am.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Has Coal Grove and Symmes Valley played at Symmes Valley i beleive so which was a non conference game for the vikings with SOC officials if i remember corectly. Also if im right CG won that game pretty easy too. Didnt hear any whining about you guys losing that game did we.

This was a great game and both teams played very hard. Has any1 heard any word on the kid that hurt his ankle from Symmes Valley. He was a good player and it looked bad i hope he is ok.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Typical Symmes Valley coaching

Return to “Boys Basketball”