The_X_Factor
JV Team

Re: Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectional

Post by The_X_Factor »

I've got:
South Webster at 5-6
East at 3-6 and
Green at 2-9

Everyone else in the SOC matches what I have.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Manchester will be the team to beat in the district...when their clicking and playin to their potential they are really tough to beat

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Re: Division IV Valley and Wellston sectionals

Post by 3 for me »

93Bulldog wrote:HERE ARE THE RECORDS FOR THE MEIGS SECTIONAL ... ITS UPDATED AFTER EVERY GAMES: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

* The sectional has been moved to Meigs High School ... so has the DIV girls.

Went to that site and scrolled down the page and seen PVC teams and noticed you didn't have Hannibal River on that list. Just thought I'd tell you :D

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I understand what the SHL supporters are saying about strength of schedule . Look at Western's they played @Manchester,Peebles,Waverly, lost to Southeastern,Paint Valley that's a tuff out of league schedule . A D-2 and 4 D-3 teams .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A good out of league schedule for sure...the SHL small schools play all the teams in the big school division along with their tough out of conference games. I mean, Whiteoak has played at Hillsboro...at Oak Hill and at Portsmouth....mixed with their numerous challenging league games and ONLY 7 home games this entire regular season.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

streetballer wrote:Manchester will be the team to beat in the district...when their clicking and playin to their potential they are really tough to beat
They better worry about getting out of sectional first. Especially with the chance of playing Fairfield or a Whiteoak team who has already beaten them

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

At Meigs
1.Southern 9-1
2.Beaver Eastern 8-3
3.South Gallia 7-4
4.Waterford 4-5
5.Eastern 4-5
6.ISJ 6-6
7.SV 5-6
8.Miller 3-7
9.Trimble 1-11
With the TVC playing so many games against each other these places could change quick. IMO Miller could almost be a 4 seed but going by records they would probably be an 8 right now.

At Valley
1. ND 10-2
2. Manchester 8-4
3. FF 7-6
4. NB 6-3
5. SW 5-6
6. Wo 5-8
7. East 3-6
8. Green 2-9
9. Western 2-11
10. Clay 1-10

I think these could change a little too. FF beating Whiteoak again was a huge win for FF in the seeding.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Ironman92 wrote:A good out of league schedule for sure...the SHL small schools play all the teams in the big school division along with their tough out of conference games. I mean, Whiteoak has played at Hillsboro...at Oak Hill and at Portsmouth....mixed with their numerous challenging league games and ONLY 7 home games this entire regular season.

I would be more interested in knowing who they beat and how bad they lost to the teams they lost to. I agree Whiteoak and South Webster play a tough schedule but it doesn't really mean anything if we don't know the results. Are they getting blowed out or are they getting beat by a few points?

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:A good out of league schedule for sure...the SHL small schools play all the teams in the big school division along with their tough out of conference games. I mean, Whiteoak has played at Hillsboro...at Oak Hill and at Portsmouth....mixed with their numerous challenging league games and ONLY 7 home games this entire regular season.

I would be more interested in knowing who they beat and how bad they lost to the teams they lost to. I agree Whiteoak and South Webster play a tough schedule but it doesn't really mean anything if we don't know the results. Are they getting blowed out or are they getting beat by a few points?
Whiteoak lost to Oak Hill (55-52) Hillsboro (81-58) and PTown (71-38)

Beat D2 Clermont Northeastern (66-50), D3 Ripley in double OT (87-80), and Manchester (55-54)
Last edited by airforcejm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If you think New Boston will get a higher seed than South Webster, you need to quit posting.

So they have a better record. Congrats. Have you seen the two teams play? South Webster's strength of schedule is DRASTICALLY tougher than New Boston's. I'd venture to say New Boston would be 3-9 at this point of the season if they played South Webster's schedule (assuming that Webster beats Northwest tonight to move to 6-6).

And yes, I've seen New Boston play. Twice now to be exact.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

We Western that is have played Manchester and Notre Dame this year. Notre Dame is the best team in our sectional no doubt about it.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I don't think NB is better than SW but SW has a losing record and NB doesn't. So right now NB would probably get the higher seed. I look for SW to improve their record before the draw. I think I will be alright to keep posting. You really can't get to upset if your record is below 500 where you get seeded at can you?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

in the d4 draw, records are important but not as much as politics. the soc is tighter than a hooker's dress. and usually one of the shl coaches sells out and joins them.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

when you lose to Valley , Portsmouth, Waverly, Minford, and Fairland, and for the most part hung with them for most of the game, its ok to have a losing record and be seeded above NB. If NB played any of those teams, they would lose by 50 hands down.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Let's just list the wins.

Whiteoak : Ripley (8-2, D3), Manchester (8-4), North Adams D3(7-5..beat by 14) West Union D3, Clermont NE D2 (beat by 16)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

1. ND
2. New Boston
3. Manchester
4. Lees burg Fairfield
5. South Webster
6. Whiteoak
7. East
8. Green
9. Western
10. Clay

Not saying I think that's how it should be, but that's how it will be. As far as strength of schedule, doesn't matter. What matters is 6 SOC I schools in this sectional being able to guarantee 2 spots at districts for their league and letting SHL schools and Webster play knockout in the sectional.*
Last edited by art_vandelay on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There is no way Fairfield, with a better record and two head-to-head wins versus Whiteoak will be behind Whiteoak.

Manchester 2, Fairfield 3 and WO 6 will be my current guess of how they'll rig it.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironman: caught me before the edit...I misread earlier thinking Whiteoak beat fairfield twice.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll delete it for $12

Return to “Boys Basketball”