Re: Huntington @ Piketon 1/20

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 68
Piketon 58

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

ugly game, piketon finally speeds them up at the end of the 2nd pushes it the 3rd wears huntington down but didnt sub out any ran outta gas in the 4th game over.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Huntington turned up that Rick Urig defense in the 4th .The officials did not cost Piketon the game but i have never seen a good officiated game when the little guy with glasses is calling a game. This was more of a football game than bball game.

Bballfan25
Waterboy

Post by Bballfan25 »

Anybody got score

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Huntington-68
Piketon-58

FINAL

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I keep waiting for Piketon to come out playing defense, pressing, trapping in your face defense, just isnt happening, Huntington was allowed easy entry passes into the post, blow bys by the guards and then you have the interior fouls, players having to commit so much on help defense they cant guard their own guys. Again you cant keep getting behind and expect to beat good teams.
I commented on this thread before the game that Piketon doesnt play defense till the 2nd quarter and again this was the case, if huntington hits their free throws in the 1st quarter this was an exact copy of the portsmouth game OVER in the first quarter and if it wasnt for the late surge in the 2nd quarter it was over at halftime. I just want to see 32 minutes of in your face swarming defense.jmo

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Streaks have to find an inside presence. No fouls by Gragg? He's a bull inside, and we didn't match him. Can't continue to live on the outside.

The time-out on the phantom possession given to Huntington was the nail in the coffin. The coach was yelling for it while the ball was rolling around, and I think the ref lost focus. Bad.

Streaks have to regroup tonight and play ball. Don't give in to rough stuff or mouth from opponents, just play ball and work together. GO STREAKS!!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

No excuse for that loss! Missed free throws, lay-ups, and waiting until you're down 16 to start playing ball. Ends a 25 game home court SVC winning Streak...never seen coach L. that mad, but even his fire couldn't ignite the Streaks!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Gragg doesnt play much defense to have to worry about fouls and he is smart enough to not leave his feet trying to block every shot when he does.
Piketons legs were gone by the fourth was the nail in the coffin when you start seeing free throws and shots coming up short you know the legs are gone, Huntington was wore out 2nd half walking back on defense but kept substituting regularly and even went deeper into their bench than normal (they usually only play 7 guys if you looked at their bench u see 2 players then the coaches then the rest of the team) so by the end of the game the huntsmen were a lot fresher and what appeared as them turning up the d in the last 4 minutes was just the streaks hadnt had a blow the whole 2nd half, guys were trying to get a drink of water during free throws.
gragg had possession for a moment just dont know when the timeout was called, the ref who called it had a funny look on his face like uhoh i might have messed up but dont think there was enough left in the tank for it to have been the deciding point in the game.
I thought Jeremy Farmer played well inside for the most part, but without ball pressure they just kept running the same play over and over in the first half easy pass inside, and once Gragg gets the ball in the low post doesnt matter who is guarding him hes gonna score. He was sent to the JV squad cause he wasnt rebounding but it wasnt his fault he was boxing out but when only 1 guy boxes out it makes him look bad, guards swooping in stealing rebounds. I mean heck if everyone boxes out the ball should be able to hit the floor and nobody touch it sheesh.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I agree Jimmy if they dont want to play cant make them.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Really thought the beatdown at portsmouth would light a fire under them, Im afraid they think that showing up is enough to win ballgames and are being outworked.

Return to “Boys Basketball”