Nelsonville-York 08-09

Orestes
S

Re: Nelsonville-York Buckeye Basketball 08-09

Post by Orestes »

NY will be better than last season, and are only a true TVC center away from competing for the top of the division IMO. Barrick, Bunting, and Mitchell are a really nice start, but no one with experience is around the 6'4" and 6'5" range. They will frequently be killed on the boards.

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

Well see that's where Taggert,Gooden,Fulton,Fox,Arnold,And Bunting come in and Cat&Mouse you need to stop drinking that tomcat Kool-Aid cause to be honest it ain't getting you no where

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

BuckeyePride09 wrote:Well see that's where Taggert,Gooden,Fulton,Fox,Arnold,And Bunting come in and Cat&Mouse you need to stop drinking that tomcat Kool-Aid cause to be honest it ain't getting you no where

I still don't see a true center and a rebound-first type of guy on that last, at least not one with much size.

I singled out Bunting previously because I think he can be really good. However, he is a finesse, score-first type of player. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but I don't see the 6'4"+ guy who will either own the boards or at least hold his own against a Guthrie or Vales type of player from last year.

I am being positive about NY btw. I think it is saying a lot that I feel NY would be a TVC title player with one more piece of the puzzle, especially based off of recent past results. NY is definitely on the upswing, as long as they do not rip themselves apart, as Hawkeye mentioned above.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

well seeing as how im not from nyork or trimble ill put my two cents in
and both are good teams and should be a good game when both play each other and when is that game
but id think if who would ever controlled the tempo would win because trimble is more a fast break team while nyork is a half court correct me if im wrong

buckeyebenchwarmer
Waterboy

Post by buckeyebenchwarmer »

I totally agree with orestes nelsonville york is only a center away from being in the chase i think we got good gard play but just not a true center

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

Yeah me too man if only Connor could grow acouple more inches.....

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

I TOTALLY AGREE NELSONVILLE IS A 6'11 AND A 6'10 KID AWAY FROM WINNING THE OHIO...

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

I am with Cat&Mouse...and the point is you don't always get what you want/need. so let it go BuckeyePride09 you're record will be no better than last year and if it is it will only be by 2 or 3 games. i wouldn't be bragging about your returning starters or bench warmers either (no offense to the kids) but they weren't very successful at the JV or Varsity level

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I said they need one typical TVC-like center. A guy around 6'4" or 5". They do not have one, so I say then end up in the middle of the pack somewhere, with their stock being on the rise in future years.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

nelsonville will be lucky to win 4 games...they just dont have any good players

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

They have the dickerson, bunning, and Gooding boys.
You are ignorant.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ill agree that they have all of those boys..but i dont see any of them being capable of taking over the game at the offensive of defensive ends of the floor

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

I believe they will show you how playing basketball is done
Trimblebookworm.

sportsjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky »

:lol: i agree with trimblebookworm ny doesnt have any good playes this year and i dont think nelsonville will show anyone how to play basketball :!:

NY_busted_nut
Waterboy

Post by NY_busted_nut »

i look for nelsonville to have 6 or 7 wins this year they dont have very good players. Everyone is talking about Trevis Taggart i dont think he is ready to play ball on the varsity level plus he isnt as good as every on thinks he is so he wont be able to help out the team very much cause he is not very good.

ChoseN_1
Waterboy

Post by ChoseN_1 »

i agree with timblebookworm nelsonville wont be very good this year

hardwork65
Waterboy

Post by hardwork65 »

nelsonville will lose to belpre no doubt

Nybasketball_09
Waterboy

Post by Nybasketball_09 »

So any thought's anyone?

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York 08-09

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

Well All the trimble people obviously dont think nelsonville york has any talent but i do believe that we did beat you guys once out of two games last year and i also believe that the second game that we did lose we went into over time so who exactly is coming back for trimble lets talk about that?

sportsjunky
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York 08-09

Post by sportsjunky »

NYHSvarsitycheer10 wrote:Well All the trimble people obviously dont think nelsonville york has any talent but i do believe that we did beat you guys once out of two games last year and i also believe that the second game that we did lose we went into over time so who exactly is coming back for trimble lets talk about that?

nycheer i believe when ny did win last year they won at home with i believe alot of calls that went against the cats so dont run your mouth............remind me on this one but i believe i heard the coach saying that this year when they went to ny summer league that they were winnign by i believe 20 points at the end of 2 20 min quarters so ny doesnt have much to look forward to when it comes to beating trimble this year

Return to “Boys Basketball”