Vinton County Basketball 08-09

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Vinton County Basketball 08-09

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

Was just wondering who all is returning and how you think they will do.

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Vinton County Basketball 08-09

Post by hawkeyepierce »

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

VC will probaly finish right behind us in the league. They'll be good, but they lost so much.

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

AlexanderSpartan who all did they lose and do they got anyone returning?Jw if you knew that or not but it sounds like you,Vc,And Belpre will be the projected top three but Belpre lost a key player this year due to Transfering

Mayberry Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Mayberry Mafia »

BuckeyePride09 wrote:AlexanderSpartan who all did they lose and do they got anyone returning?Jw if you knew that or not but it sounds like you,Vc,And Belpre will be the projected top three but Belpre lost a key player this year due to Transfering

Don't tell me, going to Wellston?

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

Mayberrymafia nah his name was Reggie Simms and he transferred to Parkersburg High

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

But their biggest loss was when coach Eldridge stepped down and Coach Miller took over his duties. :122246

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Due to an unfortunate event with farm animals, Coach Eldridge was placed in the Federal Witness Protection program....truly our loss but at least the sheep can breathe easier now.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

With the loss of one of the best basketball players in VC history and an outstanding supporting cast, don't expect the Vikings to steamroll through the TVC in 08-09, but they will without a doubt be in the thick of the TVC championship hunt.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

I think that this years team will be different than other years but there are some very good players returning...we lost some players but we are still loaded.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I have said this on the other thread and I think it holds true.

We won't have a problem with a "go-to-guy" because little brother Dyl has not seen a shot he doesn't like. And that is ok, because he makes most of them.

What this team is going have to do is, 1. Forget about last year. 2. Be there own team, with there own identity. 3. Execute, Execute, Execute. Because, the last five years or so there has always been great athletes, that were able to make plays when the execution failed. Chris Bethel and Dustin Guthrie caught bad passes, swatted shots when someone got beat and scored off missed buckets. So when you say "go-to-guy," you really mean a guy to pick up the pieces and do the intangibles that makes a team better, we might not have that guy. This years team needs to keep the ball in front of them on defense, set better screens on offense, be more productive in their shot selection, and control tempo on both ends of the court.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I hope teams sleep on VC all year...because if they do we'll hang another TVC banner in 08-09.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

I've heard rumor that Coach Combs and Assistant Coach Miller are going to be implementing an entire new offense for the Vikings this year. I guess its pretty complicated and has many variations including reverses and inversions with a bunch of motion. Should be pretty interesting to watch.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

I have heard the same thing Ty! I am excited about the new O! I have not heard what they are calling their new scheme, I heard it has something to do with a Cowboy. Either way I think the Vikes will be just fine this year as long as they stay focused "LIKE TIGER WOODS!" :aaaaa87

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Vinton County will compete, without a question, and 2 years ago people said, oh theres no way they can replace albright and henry, but they did, with guthrie and stewart, but i watched there JV team and frehsman teams play last year, and i wasnt as impressed as i have been in recent years. Andy Grillo is the best Point Guard in the TVC, but he will have to step up his scoring duties and Jake Prater has tremendous upside. A very, tough, physical kid, he should the look inside with Gut gone. All in all i look for VC to be first or second in TVC this year, Alexander and Belpre will also compete.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

When Danica Patrick decided to race on the Indy Car Circuit, did she listen to all the talk about her? No. She just went out and raced. The Vikings need to go out and play. They will be fine.

:lol:

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

lol, good analogy ted...but you are right, if VC just goes out and play and runs Coach Combs offense, they will be fine, Combs is a very good coach and he will have his team ready to play no matter what.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Is it time for basketball yet????!!!!! :aaaaa93
I'm ready for the round ball and some of the GOOD popcorn!!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

FrankieG.....I'm still stuck in football mode and will be, need to be, through October. Basketball won't enter much into my mind until November 3.

Return to “Boys Basketball”