Waterboy

Re: SOUTHERN BASKETBALL 08-09

Post by DGK »

it will be a good game

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Post by The Trimble Guy »

Yea....but i think Trimble has the upper hand with how Southern will match up with them...but only time will tell

DGK
Waterboy

Post by DGK »

Coach Cawdwell has southern working hard on defense.. i'd say harris or robberts will guard one of them they both have good speed and good footwork...

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

Southern won't be in the top two in the tvc and neither will Trimble, Waterford, Fed. Hock should have that taken care of.
The Trimble Guy wrote:Plus whose going to match with them with a kid 6'6" and one 6'7" and with very good guard play

Well as alot of people are saying Cunningham and Strahler from Waterford should be able to match up to those two. And besides atleast Strahler and Cunningham have some winning experience.

DGK
Waterboy

Post by DGK »

Good point but i'd say Southern will be in the running

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

yeah i'd definitly take Southern over Trimble

i don't think this new tall kids gonna change the team a whole lot because i've heard more bad than good about him and southern does have a decent group of players this year. I watched them last year and they looked like they needed a little more time and i definitly think they should be a good group this year.

sportsjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky »

welll i dont see how you can take southern over trimble.....southern didnt beat trimble by many either time they played and trimble has all three starting guards back from last year. Although they didnt win many games last year they got alot of experience in the close games they always found themselves in. I believe this year it will change and trimble willl put the game out of reach by the 4th quarter. With russell reitano and mulfor all starters coming back and dunlap is a threat whereever he is with great defensive skills that he brings to the court they will be tough. Dont forget that you have the guthrie boy who have beefed up since last year and isnt as clumsy. H will bang the boards and shoot the 15 footer. the new kid can also stroke the ball from what i hear and is excellant with the ball in his hands when it comes to dribbling passing and shooting. Dont forget the other seniors boudinot eing craig and cruze with some good juniors coming off the bench. I believe they will be a force to be wreckened with

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

I agree sportsjunky...plus Trimbles team this is is twice the team as last year and alot more experence and SENIOR leadership

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

People need to quit running their mouths about the game between Southern and Trimble already. I'm getting sick and tired of people saying they have "heard" the new kid is good and can stroke the ball from anywhere. Let's just wait till season starts so we can all "SEE" if he is what everyone has bragged him up to be. About the returning starters. Well if my math is correct Trimble has three starters returning and I believe Southern does as well. Wow!!!!! Look at that! :)

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

southern will beat triemble and waterford and miller and EASTERN and fed.

tvc champs im callin it

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

The Trimble Guy wrote:Plus whose going to match with them with a kid 6'6" and one 6'7" and with very good guard play

Why wouldnt they...Southern also has a 6'6 player!
Brauer Power!!

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Yeah right Trimble will win the TVC with Fed and Waterford close behind

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

keep thinkin that..

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

All I can say is good luck to the hustling tornadoes. I am expecting to see great things this year. :)

royrp 2
Waterboy

Re: Southern 08-09

Post by royrp 2 »

Same here SeeSaw...

achilles_1
Waterboy

Post by achilles_1 »

Trimble has alot of returning starters and senior leadership, but Southern will start 4 seniors, and have 3 more players that played alot of varsity minutes last year, two of them started alot of games.

Greatest Celtic #6
Waterboy

Post by Greatest Celtic #6 »

Southern should be very strong this year

Greatest Celtic #6
Waterboy

First Southern doesnt even play hannan and 2nd southen beat trimble 3 times last year and 3 times the year before that so koon I dont understand why you think you have any room to talk

Greatest Celtic #6
Waterboy

I would have to disagree kid green Southern has went 4-0 the last 2 years aganist eastern and they wont have lynch back for the 1st time they play southern

Return to “Boys Basketball”