Freshman Team

Re: Waverly- valley game 1/17

Post by SOCMAN05 »

......COINFLIP......

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

Give me the Indians. I've been riding Valley all year as my No. 1 team in the SOC II and, while Waverly is turning out better than I expected, I still think the nod has to go to Valley at home. It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a game where Yates and Kretzer have to match one-another shot-for-shot down the stretch.

oldschoolwebgem
Waterboy

Post by oldschoolwebgem »

Seen em both. Valley has good size and depth. Waverly is playing well and shooting better. Toss up on the road. Waverly at the buzzer.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If its the Valley team from Friday vs. the Waverly team I seen against Piketon, then this will be one of the best games of the year in this part of the state. If the Valley team that played Oak Hill the other night shows up, Waverly wins by 6. If waverly presses the Indians in the same manor they did Athens yesterday, Valley wins by 8.

I think both teams bring it. Both student sections bring it. Both fan bases bring it. Both star players bring it. (Yates 24-8-7 Kretzer 27-11) The game will be won on who defends and rebounds. I think both teams are terrible at the line. So, a big edge could be gained there.

I think Valley's size and depth win it in the 4th. 63-60 Indians.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I agree with Crab's Bro! Free throws, turnovers and defense will be HUGE on Tuesday night. Waverly does a pretty good job of getting the shot they want, so Valley needs to cut down the number of empty possessions, and keep the Tigers' role-players from beating them. In order to win a league title you HAVE to hold serve at home! Good luck Indians!! I'm excited to watch this one play out!!!

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Crabs Brother when you say valleys depth wins it in the 4th are there players that have not been playing for them? When i have seen them recently the only player that has really made a contribution off the bench was Dunn.

Waverly won both games over the weekend by 20 plus but didn't play well at all. I think they put it together and hand Valley their first league loss Tuesday. If both teams play like they did at the beast of the southeast Saturday it will be a close game but not a very fun one to watch.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley played a decent SW team friday night, and just 10 short hours later jumped on the bus and had a noon tilt vs South Point, I'm fine with the "way they played" saturday. Both teams have had time to rest, and this should be a BATTLE.

Valley 56
Waverly 51

toast
All State

Post by toast »

We won't be able to arrive until 7:30 or so. Is there plenty of seating or might this be standing room only?

Looking forward to a good game.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

That late, I would guess standing room

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Tate....you may get a seat up top...MAYBE.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Game of the week !!!! Both clubs hitting on all cylinders going into this match up .. I predict an instant classic with this one and Waverly wins by 3 in a double OT battle..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Very tough to win at Valley. The Tigers have already won on the road at Minford, Burg, Oak Hill, & South Webster. If the Tigers play to their potential they come away with the W. Hopefully it doesn't come down to a FT with no time on the clock again.

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

smurray wrote:Very tough to win at Valley. The Tigers have already won on the road at Minford, Burg, Oak Hill, & South Webster. If the Tigers play to their potential they come away with the W. Hopefully it doesn't come down to a FT with no time on the clock again.
Comes down to the guards if the Waverly guards can score they will win by less than five. If Waverly`s guards have an off night like we all know they are capable of Valley wins at home. This will be the game of the year so far. Valley has alot of seating but this one will be packed. Get there by 7pm at the lastest or you will be in the rafters. Really not a bad seat in the house though.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Seen both teams a few times and I think Waverly takes it by <5

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

be interesting to see if waverly can pressure valley because of the size of valley, ward will probably be on yates which is a great matchup but then again he might not with yates being the smallest starter at what 6'2" I believe? If its not Ward will Valley post Yates up against one of the small guards? Who for valley is going to get the first shot at kretzer? Going to be very interesting game!!!! have no clue who wins this game to many intangibles.

Bballfan25
Waterboy

Post by Bballfan25 »

Its gameday and im pumped to watch this one play out

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Looking forward to catching this one myself! Can't wait to see Yates and Kretzer go head to head. I think the team that whose role players step up will win the game.

Good luck to both teams!

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

waverly by 5

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Will this game be live over the internet?? I know in the past Valley has done this for home games. in case cant make it tonight?

Return to “Boys Basketball”