Marietta @ Warren 1-17

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Re: Marietta @ Warren 1-17

Post by warriorfrosh »

Great game to watch if you are a high school basketball fan!....one team comes out smoking, then the other, with the score tied at half....then close until the final gun! Warren looked shaky going cold in 2nd quarter with too many missed shots and turnovers in the second half...give Marietta a ton of credit, they wanted this game badly and played fiercely, has to be one of their better games, they continue to improve....give Warren some credit for playing them even in the second half and not folding under the pressure, especially after Grosel's 3 ball to give Marietta the lead late....Warren overplayed some passes and forced critical turnovers and were able to execute in the last minute and win this game....would like to have seen Maddox start the press a little earlier.....wish it would have continued as it started for the Warriors, there are some worrysome droughts that hopefully as they play games frequently over the next 2 weeks they will find the groove and stay in it....on to Gallia Friday night!! GO BLUE!!!

pressboxchamp
Riding the Bench

Post by pressboxchamp »

I believe Coach Maddox made a comment referencing Diebler after the Chilli game so that's what Budmakesmeweiser is referring to. Can't wait for the matchup at home and hopefully another come tourney time. Both teams will surely improve.

BearcatNation2334
Waterboy

Post by BearcatNation2334 »

Yes there was an article in the Marietta Times after the Warriors Lost to the Cavs and Coach Matta I mean Maddox claimed a certain player was like Diebler. I feel a comparison like this puts a lot of pressure on the player considering Diebler is one of the best the shooters in Ohio history. He also is ohio high schools all time leading scorer if my memory is correct and has the B10 record for threes. Sounds like someone might have went overboard with their comments.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Budman you are no Warren fan, that's fine....Maddox knows French better than anyone and has a good read on the kids future....yes maybe he is not be John Diebler, but he is EVAN FRENCH! This kid is only a SOPHOMORE and in his first year as a varsity starter....the sky is the limit for him....this kid is oblivious to pressure....your opinion would be different if you actually went to the Chilli game!

BearcatNation2334
Waterboy

Post by BearcatNation2334 »

How do you know I wasn't at the Chilli game? You have no idea where I'm from and who I am a fan of. Maybe I am a Chilli Fan or an Athens Fan or a Ironton Fan or even a Warren Fan. Maybe I am just a fan of high school basketball in general. Don't be so quick to call someone out on who they are a fan of and who they aren't a fan of because anyone can go to a game. As a matter of fact I have watched 3 of your Warriors games this year and I am sure there will be a couple more I will attend this season.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

BudmakesmeWeiser wrote:Yes there was an article in the Marietta Times after the Warriors Lost to the Cavs and Coach Matta I mean Maddox claimed a certain player was like Diebler. I feel a comparison like this puts a lot of pressure on the player considering Diebler is one of the best the shooters in Ohio history. He also is ohio high schools all time leading scorer if my memory is correct and has the B10 record for threes. Sounds like someone might have went overboard with their comments.
Actually he is Ohio's second all time leading scorer. Little girl named Marlene Stollings has 306 more career points. Just saying

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I am all knowing because Budmakesmewiser, too! BTW a cool user name...Also, if you keep attending Warrior games, you'll start to bleed BLUE!!! Its quite contagious!!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Frosh...he wasnt at the Chili game. He isnt a Warren Fan. If he were he would have Our boy French's back. I since a bit of sour grapes in his posts. Might be a chance to be a Warren fan at some point always an extra seat on the Band Wagon. He shows up for a fourth game he might catch one of those flying shirts. Or better yet Marietta section had a nice shirt on that doll of theirs last night. He might be able to buy that one.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

That is a HUGE stretch to compare him to Diebler. HUGE! He's pretty good but along way to go. AND he is only a Soph.? Right?

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

Budmakesmeweiser will become a Warren fan as soon as I complete the South Beach Diet.

pressboxchamp
Riding the Bench

Post by pressboxchamp »

I still don't know why the admins took the doll. I thought it was funny.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

That it was. Wonder if they will give me my shirt back lol???

pressboxchamp
Riding the Bench

Post by pressboxchamp »

Haha I'm sure they would if you asked. The people at Marietta aren't too bad...sometimes :lol:

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

You can probably find your picture with the shirt

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Its my shirt, but not my picture. That probably confuses you a bit doesnt it.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Did you hang my shirt up at Applebees thinkin that was my picture?!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

I thought the doll was funny too. Liked the good natured ribbing this yr. In the past it has gotten somewhat nasty from the Marietta side. I think the signs and the doll were cute. What I didn't like was the girl first thing ripping down our sign. Thought that was a little disrespectful and she should've been shown the door for that, but I was somewhat relieved that Mariettas admins weren't going to put up with the nastiness they showed last yr. This was a fun rilvalry game. Hoping both sides can be respectful when they host us at Sutton gym.

Old crow
Waterboy

Post by Old crow »

EasternDscout wrote:May I point out, regarding the JV score, that Warren had 4 juniors on the floor at the same time for over half the game.
Marietta also has juniors playing I don't see the issue here.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Its not. Its a catch 22. If it helps players develope and gain playing time why should it matter. Just something to shine a lite on. Nothing hurt. One of the teams we played had a senior on jv. We have several freshmen. Good mix of kids learning to play together. Sounds good to me.

orange&black
Waterboy

Post by orange&black »

slimgarrett wrote:I thought the doll was funny too. Liked the good natured ribbing this yr. In the past it has gotten somewhat nasty from the Marietta side. I think the signs and the doll were cute. What I didn't like was the girl first thing ripping down our sign. Thought that was a little disrespectful and she should've been shown the door for that, but I was somewhat relieved that Mariettas admins weren't going to put up with the nastiness they showed last yr. This was a fun rilvalry game. Hoping both sides can be respectful when they host us at Sutton gym.

Are you serious that tearing down that sign should have got the girl ejected??!! Whoever put up that sign DIRECTLY BEHIND the MHS student section did it to try to intimidate and KNEW it would be torn down. It was disrespectful for the Warriors to put it there!

Return to “Boys Basketball”