Belpre @South Gallia 1/13

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Re: Belpre @South Gallia 1/13

Post by sportsfan_mov »

Federal Hocking is another TVC Hocking school that is also D3. Belpre is similiar to Trimble in that the enrollment numbers fluctuate on a year-to-year basis causing them to vary which division they fall in each year. Belpre girls are D4 this year while the boys are D3... just a difference in boys/girls enrollment.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

S.Gallia #19

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

SG Wish you the best/ jmo Play more team ball!!! There is to much me, sorry jmo you have a good team.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

RebelCat wrote:Really looking forward to this game. I am a little surprised at Belpre's performance this year. I knew they would be competitive but wasn't sure how good and it seems like the jury is still out. When I saw Belpre beat Marietta I thought wow they must be the team to beat in the TVC Hockng. Don't misunderstand when I say that I was a little surprised that Southern seemed to be in total control of it's game AT Belpre on Friday. I know Southern is a very good team but I honestly thought Belpre would win that game based on how well they were playing and they beat the Tigers.

I am going to ask a Belpre fan to give us a little review on the Golden Eagles and your thoughts on this team.

Ok, now I do have something that I would like to have explained and it drives me crazy. Why is Belpre called the GOLDEN Eagles when the school colors are orange and black? Just curious.

Belpre's colors from what I've been told, started out as red, white and blue but a problem happened to some uniforms, lost, stolen, damaged etc......and Marietta has some old uniforms to borrow. The Golden Eagle was chosen as its patriotic mascot and the rest is history as they say.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

ssbball wrote:Wow, great game. Glad I made the grueling drive. Well done by the Eagles. Was S. Gallia really ranked?

I love the stupidity of some on here. Belpre won this game by 2 points not 22 points. Belpre is a D3 school that plays 14 D4 schools, so come sectional seating time you might want to say something like Belpre beat a tough D4 South Gallia that was ranked 19th in the state. Not were they really ranked? I mean we won by 2 whole points. D4 Waterford hurt you by beating FF that you lost to. So you might not want to cut your nose off to spite your face.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

BBallin fool wrote:SG Wish you the best/ jmo Play more team ball!!! There is to much me, sorry jmo you have a good team.

Well, here is my opinion. South Gallia has a ton to work on. I think you should concentrate on the jr. high team because its ridiculous. I've been to most games and it's sickening to watch.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Well, here is my opinion. People need to worry about the Jr. High. I've been to most of the games and i'ts sickening to watch.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Got to gove it up to Belpre...very well coached...they exposed SG two Achilles heels...SG can't handle fast and athletic teams and they have little to no varsity experience on their bench!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

As far as the Jr high goes...both the boys and the girls varsity coaches know that there is a huge problem with the Jr high...but nobody ever does anything about it!

BelEagle79
Waterboy

Post by BelEagle79 »

justlookin wrote:
RebelCat wrote:Really looking forward to this game. I am a little surprised at Belpre's performance this year. I knew they would be competitive but wasn't sure how good and it seems like the jury is still out. When I saw Belpre beat Marietta I thought wow they must be the team to beat in the TVC Hockng. Don't misunderstand when I say that I was a little surprised that Southern seemed to be in total control of it's game AT Belpre on Friday. I know Southern is a very good team but I honestly thought Belpre would win that game based on how well they were playing and they beat the Tigers.

I am going to ask a Belpre fan to give us a little review on the Golden Eagles and your thoughts on this team.

Ok, now I do have something that I would like to have explained and it drives me crazy. Why is Belpre called the GOLDEN Eagles when the school colors are orange and black? Just curious.

Belpre's colors from what I've been told, started out as red, white and blue but a problem happened to some uniforms, lost, stolen, damaged etc......and Marietta has some old uniforms to borrow. The Golden Eagle was chosen as its patriotic mascot and the rest is history as they say.
I'm not sure who or where you got your info on Belpre's colors but just ask any OLDER Eagle grad and they could tell you more truthful info. Belpre's colors has always been orange and black. The only time the uniforms might had been diff was the first few years they had a football team which was 1950 or 51. I've heard 2 diff stories on this .. one is they used hand me downs from OU-- green and white and played their first homes games at Marietta till Belpre had their own stadium built. But the other sports teams .. baseball/ track/ basketball always used the orange/ black color combinations. A 1948 Belpre grad told this to me and his memory is still sharp as ever. No clue why the Golden Eagle is our mascot.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

I think SG junior high coaches are protected for some reason. I dont think principals want rid of the coaches. They need to just clean house because it's ruining the kids.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

AGREED!!! Jr high programs have some of the poorest coaching and supervision of any program in southeastern Ohio!!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They must be doing ok with the success of the high school.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Let's see how successful they are when the kids that they coach hit high school!!! SG arhletics us about to take a huge downward turn!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Thats what they said when the 2004 group graduated and they have been fine since.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

The Jr high programs were in pretty good shape back then!!! The only reason that they stay within 30 pts of anybody is the other teams empty their bench halfway thru the 3rd qtr!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”