Glenwood @ Symmes Valley 1/10/12

educamatters
Waterboy

Re: Glenwood @ Symmes Valley 1/10/12

Post by educamatters »

dukefan wrote:Symmes valley Fball school and nb will beat them by at least 10 at nb
LOL, I'm going to date myself a little here, but I remember the day when people would have fallen in the floor laughing at the comment "Symmes Valley Fball school".

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

I am still here Emil and yes I am still for booting the coach after the season! Yeah we have a few wins... but I believe any coach could win games with the athletes we have... They r a great bunch of young men...I would never hope for a loss so that I could bash fuller I can do that easily even he won out! Fact of the matter is we will win games regardless of the coach.. I feel we could win many more games with a better coach! Trust me I have been a Viking fan for life and have been to hundreds of games... I know basketball I didn't just start coming to games because someone I know is coaching!! Good luck to the Vikings hope you all have fun and win games... but Above all have fun!

Emil Blonsky
Waterboy

Post by Emil Blonsky »

fanosports 99

I too have rooted for SV for a long time and I also know basketball and I am not sure what your grudge is against the current coach but frankly I think it is pretty funny. My whole point is that I think bashing any coach on here is childish and its not good for kids to read about people bashing their coach and you who claim to know so much and care about the team should realize that, but you know some people always have an ax to grind about something. Why dont you put yourself in the kids position what if you were playing would you want to see people writing crap about your coach I know I wouldnt but I guess theres the difference between us. You dont like the coach for obviously some personal reason since you say you want him gone even if he wins out, really thats sounds like a true fan NOT!!!!!!!

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

I have been a player when ppl bash my coach Emil and it will not affect their play trust me... Many of the kids feel the same way I do.. I've asked many of them what they think... And it's not good.you keep calling ppl out saying they are acting childish when your the one who gets all bent out of shape any time someone says anything negative about the coach you sound like a child yourself by pretty much saying stop picking on him! :)

Emil Blonsky
Waterboy

Post by Emil Blonsky »

The coach is a grown man and can take care of himself, I personally believe it is detramental to a team to hear their coach or other players bashed by their supposed fans. You are entitled to think what you want but if you type it be prepared for people to call you out on it, my whole complaint was I thought it was funny how the bashing went on yet when wins came there was no congrats and you yourself make it clear 20-0 is not good enough you just dont like the coach, so why is that, what is problem enquiring minds want to know :lol:

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

It's not detrimental when the boys say it themselves... I said I didn't care if they won out I'd still give him the boot I never said anything about going 20-0 obliviously that can't happen. I do apologize for not congratulating the boys... I am very proud of all of you congrats on the win you have accumulated thus far... I will not congratulate the coaches. I still feel we could do better with a different coach... Everyone says we r young... Well we wouldn't be if he hadn't run down some so many boys the past two years

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

I am not usually a coach hater I think rusty does an amazing job with football and chad also does a great job with the baseball team! I don't want anyone thinking I'm just a guy that likes to bash coaches...just fuller

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

ok im not on either side here but i know for a fact when you've had to put up with as much crap as jeremy has from some of these kids and there parents its really suprising he's lasted this long... sv has always been a school of winey parents and big headed kids.. i know ive lived here my entire life and been a part of all the sports programs since i was 5 years old till now, 40 yrs later. i know for a fact one of the kids mentioned before told his fellow classmates that if he couldnt start varsity as a freshman he wasnt playing. good for jeremy not doing it..that kid wasnt willing to put in the effort to show he was capable then sit at home, there better off without you!! i for one dont think a T-E-A-M needs a kid like that playing. you cant get these kids to play team ball when your parents keep telling them there a D-1 prospect and they need to shoot the ball everytime they touch it.. hello!! last time i checked there were no college coaches even passing by sv let alone coming to a game lol.. he's already had parents come running to the school board complaining about being to hard on their kid lol.. so now he's not allowed to get after them bc it might hurt there feelings.. if sv thinks there going to get a more qualified coach to come into hicktown and coach basketball there kidding themselves. alvin carpenter went through the same thing with parents that jeremy is now... when are you people going to realize you just need to keep your mouths shut and let him coach the kids. all this whining about getting rid of the guy and not one of these fools can give a good explanation of what he's doing wrong ???? you know why, bc they dont know... they just dont like him.
Last edited by vikingguy12 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

vikingalumni
Waterboy

Post by vikingalumni »

You are right about a few things...I know Coach personally and he is a great person and was a great player...he is also a good coach. He left the Valley and played college ball, learned more about the game, and returned home to be a part of Symmes Valley again. Who would have thought that they wouldn't give him a teaching job? Who would have thought that when they did give him a chance to coach they would be disappointed in year 3 after a winning season, a season posting 17 wins and the SOC championship? Who would have thought that he wouldn't be appreciated for teaching kids to work together, having them physically ready for a game, and not bending to the whines of parents. Do any of you really think that other successful coaches (Oak Hill, Chesapeake, Ironton) beg people to come and try out, put up with complaining parents, or put up with disrespect from players? Those other players you keep talking about CHOSE not to play- CHOSE not to be part of a TEAM. Why? Maybe they listened to the garbage on here, maybe they listened to their parents, maybe they just didn't have what it took. I also find it hard to believe that you would respect him if he yelled in the kids' faces...that is not how players should be treated. I often wonder what would happen if teachers got in the faces of kids and yelled at them when they didn't do their work - we all know what would happen, the parents would go nuts. You may want that, but others would not, and that would just be something else to complain about.
I have enjoyed watching diciplined teams who were able to work together, you can't win them all every year...learning is part of the process.
All of you who have been unhappy, called your school board members, talked him down to your kids and on here, will probably get your way...how sad.
There are few times in my life that I am NOT proud to be a Viking, but this will be one of them.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

I would love to see it....your right our parents would go nuts....they have been like that as long as I can remember....
Have you watched Norm?
Have you heard Clays coach
Have you heard Fairlands girls and boys....they are all loud and all vocal....
Fairland girls got their new coach a few years back...he had a lot of girls choose not to play their SENIOR year...
they didnt like the fact that they werent gonna run the show...he didnt stand for it..
and look at what he has now...If those girls would have chose to be a part of a TEAM they would have learned and
got playing time as they earned it...just cause your a senior or junior ...should you start them instead of a kid with more skills...
Would you get hired for a job if someone else had more background and skills than you for that job....?
No...you wouldnt...
WE could hire the best coach ever and our parents would do their best to run them off ....

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I know after Coach Conley's first game he didn't even make it off the field before a group of parents came on the field to complain. The team came out flat against a good team. But the players knew they didn't play well. But as the season went on the players improved and the parents were very supportive. This was the start back to winning football at SV that had not been there since Coach Triplett left. This was also Rusty's first year at SV.

Sometimes it takes years to get a program on the right track. It is a team game not single players and there is one head coach not many from the stands. I am not going to say either way about what is going on with the coaching right now. But this is not the pros where they just play out the season or force a coaching change during the season. Games will go on this year. So the players and parents need to figure out how to make it work with what they have. Then evaluate the whole season at the end if changes need to be made or not. Enjoy the season and everyone needs to improve on and off the court.

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

vikingalumni wrote: I also find it hard to believe that you would respect him if he yelled in the kids' faces...that is not how players should be treated. .

lol, what would you rather him do, get down on his knees and beg them not to do something again or pat them on the back and tell them it will be ok just keep doing it. its not like he was standing in their face verballing bashing them and callin them names. sometimes you have to get your point across and if it means yelling at them then so be it.. if there too soft to take it then by all means go back to your video games and have your mom hug u on the couch in the evenings.. all i am saying is its ok for the football coaches to yell and get after the players but by no uncertain terms can jeremy yell at these kids.. you know why bc the kids that he's had to yell at and went whining back to mom and dad are soft skinned and cant take it and probably have no buisness playing sports in the first place. those kids and those parents are the problems with sv. you have to have a thick skin playing sports anyway, if you dont you might want to take up band or drama club.

as for jeremy, i think he's done an alright job for what he's been dealt at sv. people at sv need to realize that they are not going to get anyone better suited to coach this basketball team then jeremy and actually stay put! if you would like to try and name one quality coach we've had in the past 20 years by all means go ahead.. you had a great chance to get a good coach when the river valley coach in 2000-2001 wanted to come coach but Noooooo we didnt want a quality coach back then. ive yet to see one with the background jeremy has as far as knowing the game and schemes. and dont tell me thacker either... he was a good player but didnt last long at symmes valley. when are these parents going to learn that good programs are built from the ground up. starting with your smaller kids up, look at chesepeake and other programs where everyone seems to be on the same page and these kids are brought up in the same system and the parents support the coaches and want them to stay and build them a good program... jeremy would be that person that would stay at symmes valley for the long haul and work towards that system. BUT, you have our wonderful parents again whining to our spineless school board that doesnt want to upset there friends so they'll vote him out at the end of the year to make everyone happy.. that way, then maybe there kid might get a chance to play under a different coach lol. oh yeah and instead of yelling at them when they repeatedly screw up time and time again the new coach can hand him a sucker and tell him good job, we'll get em next time.. what a laugher!!!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Emil Blonsky wrote:galliagrad74 I hope that was your playing number and not the yr you graduated because if it was then you really need to grow and stop badmouthing coaches. coaching is hard enough without the armchair coaches running them down, the kids dont need to see crap like that being written about their coaches no matter what sport. be supportive of teams or be quiet and if you think you can do better fill out an application and see how you do
This is one of your old posts talking about people who bash coaches. Lol.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

yes I remember this post. you are on the other topic doing the exact same thing. cat got your tongue? enquiring minds want to know!

gipper
Riding the Bench

Post by gipper »

agreed id love to hear it lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”