Division 3 Sectional at Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division 3 Sectional at Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Tobias wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Because there is no way in hell.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be considered....just saying there's no way in hell they'll get it.
I bet you a lifetime parking pass at Jackson that Valley is the #3 seed in the Sectional...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The SOC block of Wheelersburg, Valley, Minford, West, and Oak Hill can make things happen...

:mrgreen:

I don't bet....but I'd much rather wager to reimburse you for all your parking that you have actually paid at Jackson.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Ironman92 wrote:I'd vote

1. Portsmouth
2. Peake
3. Ironton
4. Valley
That's how I see it as well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

More then just 4 or 5 teams in this sectional how's the rest look?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The other 7 teams feature two or three teams (Minford, Oak Hill and Coal Grove) that would have a case for a 3 or 4 seed in the other two Sectionals in the District. After that, there is a significant drop off, but Wheelersburg is in that bottom four and they've already proven they are capable of playing with anybody on any given night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll just be flabbergasted if any of the top 4 don't advance on.....the other teams ALL have horrible draws compared to who they'd be playing in the other two sectionals.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Jesco White wrote:

1. Portsmouth
2. Peake
3. Ironton
4. Valley
Not arguing but with Peake having a better record, beating Ironton who beat Portsmouth, how could you put them above Chesapeake?

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Again.....Minford and Oak Hill will want the 5?....I don't know their coaches thoughts at all....but if they'd rather face Valley than Ironton....then they could sway things that way.

I do agree Valley probably get the 3 as of now.
Great point. I think this is very likely.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

ovc fan wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

1. Portsmouth
2. Peake
3. Ironton
4. Valley
Not arguing but with Peake having a better record, beating Ironton who beat Portsmouth, how could you put them above Chesapeake?
As Tobias pointed out, records don't have as much to do with it as some might think. In a Sectional like this where the top 4 teams are very close to being interchangeable, there will be other factors that weigh much more heavily. The biggest factors will be desired overall match-ups all the way through the Regional bracket, as well as the "buddy system".

As for your point about Peake beating Ironton, who beat Portsmouth, therefore making Peake the likely #1....I'm sorry, but I've never been one to compare scores. I've always been all for using head-to-head match-ups, i.e. Peake beating Ironton, as a logical reason for Peake being seeded ahead of Ironton. However, my thoughts as to which teams will be seeded in which spots doesn't necessarily equate to how I would rank the teams 1-4.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Portsmouth to me is #1. Based on schedule and what they have done. Chesapeake #2 another great season and a good solid ball club. Lucasville Valley #3 a rising star and Ironton #4 tough schedule, good ball club and will be a tough out. Minford, Oak Hill will not want #5 to play Ironton.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

1. Portsmouth- leading there league and playing all div 1/2 schools
2. Chesapeake- leading there league but if they played Portsmouth schedule I do believe they would at least have a couple more losses
3. Ironton- good season with a very tough schedule
4. Valley leading there league and I don't see there record as impressive with there schedule

** its one and done and anything can happen and I believe we will see one of these 4 teams in the final four**

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Valley is a very good basketball team with only a week of practice took ironton to the wire and lost in overtime to a streaky Zane Trace squad since then have not lost with a beatdown of waverly mixed in there, smallest starter is Yates at 6'2"-6'3" they are a very good ball team right now they can match up with anyone in south-eastern ohio.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

When is the drawing?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Raiderball wrote:When is the drawing?
Next Sunday, February 12th

Schoolboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Schoolboy »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:1. Portsmouth- leading there league and playing all div 1/2 schools
2. Chesapeake- leading there league but if they played Portsmouth schedule I do believe they would at least have a couple more losses
3. Ironton- good season with a very tough schedule
4. Valley leading there league and I don't see there record as impressive with there schedule

** its one and done and anything can happen and I believe we will see one of these 4 teams in the final four**
I believe this is about right IMHO. I don't know much about Valley. I keep hearing about how they took Ironton to the wire early this season with not much playing time prior to but one thing they forget is that Ironton was without one of their top 3 players. Valley may not be the same team now but trust I-town isn't either. With the schedule they have played I-town is tournament ready.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Thank goodness this isn't college football. We get to play it out, not vote it out.

Go Peake

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

OH ST BUCKS..... You say you are not impressed with Valley's schedule ? I can tell you right now the SOC2 is a very tough conference you can not have a let down on any team in the conference or you are going to take a loss . Valley has so far went through the conference play unbeaten thats sayin something cause there are rivalries that elevate the play. Beat a Good Huntington Ross team took Itown to the wire and a Double OT loss at Zane Trace 1 week after they come off the Gridiron. So I beg to differ that there schedule is weak especially when I look at another of these top 4 teams there schedule is a little suspect also ! Valley is sitting at 15-2 and no conference losses to me that says they can match up physically with any of these other top three teams . they definitley will have the heighth advantage on just about anyone they will play

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Citgo in Chesapeake has posted a seeding bracket this week with over 200 Chesapeake fans filling in the seeds. Results and comments as follows:

1 - Ironton. The Tigers played the toughest schedule by far. Ironton outplayed Upper Room Christian this weekend and should have pulled off the major upset against a team much stronger than any of the other big 3. Tigers have the best point guard in southern ohio and arguably the best big man inside. And they have Trey Fletcher.

2 - Portsmouth. Trojans are the defending regional champs. Sometimes the Trojans look like world beaters and on other nights just look very good. The SEOAL is a bit down this year but still much better overall than the OVC. If Portsmouth played the schedule of Chesapeake, both teams would probably have the same record as Ironton did beat Portsmouth once this season and Chessie has lost once with their schedule.

3 - Chesapeake. By a landslide 199 votes as the number 3 seed. Someboy from Portsmouth, a visitor who was buying gas and donuts, had the Panthers as the number 2 seed. Chesapeake beat Ironton at Ironton, but did so on a night when the Panthers shot lights out in the second and third quarters. The Panthers are the only southern Ohio D-III team that has not lost a game this season to another D-III team from southern Ohio. The Panthers beat a good D-II Fairland squad 3 times this year, but would probably lose (according to Dragon fans) if the teams played again.

4 - Lucasville Valley. The Indians are as hot as any team in southern Ohio right now and could very well beat any of the other 3 teams seeded higher. If these four teams played each other in 4 tournaments, each one might win the championship once.

Overall prediction of Regional Champion for 2012 went to Peebles.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles? Kinda negates any intelligence these people may have had. They have a good team....but they aren't going to be the regional champs.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Does anybody have the updated W / L records for the top 4 ? I know Valley is 15-2.......

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

#1 Peake #2 Ironton #3 Portsmouth

Return to “Boys Basketball”